[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Your team's draft grade

BeeR

No you don't.

hahahahah thats a joke right?

Ask cowboyz1 why they let Bruce carter go for virtually nothing and kept an injury prone sean lee and let go of a demarcus ware to pay a toal bum ROMO over 100 million

lmao cowboys best LB CORPS im criyng laughing

• Like 1

I wouldn't call a 3rd an overpay for that move, especially when we also had a compensatory 3rd.

I believe it was a reach. Not necessarily saying they shouldn't have done it or anything, I was excited for Lynch. But there were a lot of potential year 1 starters at other positions of need available at 31.

All I'm saying is that we'll have to wait a season or two until Lynch takes the field to find out he was worth a 1st and a 3rd.

I'd give the Cowboys a B-. BTW, Stephen Jones and Garret are essentially running the show now. Jerry has conceded to them multiple times over the past 3 years. Jerry wanted to swap their 2nd and 3rd for Lynch, and he conceded to Stephen Jones who said No as the values did not match up. Same thing happened last year when Jerry want Manzeil and Jones/Garrett chose Martin.

Pick 1: Cowboys had option of Zeke or Ramsey. I love Ramsey, but he only helps you on 1 side of the ball. Zeke helps both the Offense and Defense as he has the ability to convert 3rd downs consistently and keep the D off the field, similar to what Murray did 2 years ago when the Cowboys lead the league in Time of Possession and 3rd down conversions. Romo is excellent when he has a capable RB - without one, he is just average. Zeke will open up Dez and give Romo time keep him upright by keeping defenses honest and because he is a great blocker.

Pick 2: Cowboys have made of habit of taking risks in the 2nd-3rd rounds over the past few years. They typically work a trade to get multiple picks in the 2nd round so they can get a solid guy and take a calculated risk on a guh who falls. They wanted Dodd or Ogbah and took a chance that they could get them with the 3rd pick in Round 2. They got stuck here when they watched both guys go right in front of them. Smith could pan out and be a great pick, and the Cowboys doctor performed the surgery, so this is a pick that is highly difficult to grade out until we see what happens.

Prescott: The kid is not overtaking Romo anytime soon. Love him or hate him, Romo is a very good QB in the NFL. It's his team for the next 2-3 years. Prescott is a descent option as a developmental guy to take here, but the Cowboys may find themselves looking for a better prospect in the next 2 years of drafts.

Pick 1: Cowboys had option of Zeke or Ramsey. I love Ramsey, but he only helps you on 1 side of the ball. Zeke helps both the Offense and Defense as he has the ability to convert 3rd downs consistently and keep the D off the field, similar to what Murray did 2 years ago when the Cowboys lead the league in Time of Possession and 3rd down conversions. Romo is excellent when he has a capable RB - without one, he is just average. Zeke will open up Dez and give Romo time keep him upright by keeping defenses honest and because he is a great blocker.

Sigh...they all help each other. In theory, Ramsey gets Dallas better field position and provides turnovers. Short fields and worn defenses make it easy for offenses to score and lessens the pressure to produce. Its all reciprocal.

Also Romo has been excellent without a capable RB as well. If you look at his stats you will see nothing indicates a correlation between the 2014 season Demarco had and Romo's play. His completion percentage has always been above 60% and he averages 65% for his career. His TDs and INTs have also been fairly consistent.

Edited by Def.
  • Like 3

I'd give the Cowboys a B-. BTW, Stephen Jones and Garret are essentially running the show now. Jerry has conceded to them multiple times over the past 3 years. Jerry wanted to swap their 2nd and 3rd for Lynch, and he conceded to Stephen Jones who said No as the values did not match up. Same thing happened last year when Jerry want Manzeil and Jones/Garrett chose Martin.

Pick 2: Cowboys have made of habit of taking risks in the 2nd-3rd rounds over the past few years. They typically work a trade to get multiple picks in the 2nd round so they can get a solid guy and take a calculated risk on a guh who falls. They wanted Dodd or Ogbah and took a chance that they could get them with the 3rd pick in Round 2. They got stuck here when they watched both guys go right in front of them. Smith could pan out and be a great pick, and the Cowboys doctor performed the surgery, so this is a pick that is highly difficult to grade out until we see what happens.

Prescott: The kid is not overtaking Romo anytime soon. Love him or hate him, Romo is a very good QB in the NFL. It's his team for the next 2-3 years. Prescott is a descent option as a developmental guy to take here, but the Cowboys may find themselves looking for a better prospect in the next 2 years of drafts.

Any exectly how many games of Prescotts have you watched over the past 3 years?

Ive seen every one.

5 weeks of #1 in the nation in 2014 with no talent. dont even try the tebow comparison, it wont work.

Think of Cam and russell wilson clone combined.

I'm giving the Browns a C-

Corey Coleman could've been Josh Doctson, who had the same SPARQ score but stands 2 inches taller and weighs more. We have enough sub 6 foot receivers already.

Ogbah could've been Noah Spence...

Cody Kessler? In the 3rd? could've been had later

These next two scored really high on the SPARQ chart but come on...they could've been had later

Ricardo Louis in the 4th?

Seth DeValve in the 4th?

Good answer bud, stop making comments and actually watch the college games before making assumptions and reading your little artricles

Problem is, little fella, that the college game doesn't always translate to the NFL. That's why the Tim Tebow comp does hold some water.

I watched plenty of MSU games. Prescott is good, probably one of the most underrated QBs - if not players - in this draft. But the hyperbole here is a little laughable. But hey, if you're right, you get to preen like a peacock... and if you're wrong you'll just find more crap to sling against the wall.

• Like 2

I'm giving the Browns a C-

Corey Coleman could've been Josh Doctson, who had the same SPARQ score but stands 2 inches taller and weighs more. We have enough sub 6 foot receivers already.

Ogbah could've been Noah Spence...

Cody Kessler? In the 3rd? could've been had later

These next two scored really high on the SPARQ chart but come on...they could've been had later

Ricardo Louis in the 4th?

Seth DeValve in the 4th?

Yeah, after the mini-coup they pulled off they really whiffed on a lot of these... or at minimum could have traded down to achieve the same results.

Problem is, little fella, that the college game doesn't always translate to the NFL. That's why the Tim Tebow comp does hold some water.

I watched plenty of MSU games. Prescott is good, probably one of the most underrated QBs - if not players - in this draft. But the hyperbole here is a little laughable. But hey, if you're right, you get to preen like a peacock... and if you're wrong you'll just find more crap to sling against the wall.

Tim Tebow had an all star cast around him at Florida and a stellar defense

Prescott is nothing like Tebow outside of size, leadership skills and strength

Any exectly how many games of Prescotts have you watched over the past 3 years?

Ive seen every one.

5 weeks of #1 in the nation in 2014 with no talent. dont even try the tebow comparison, it wont work.

Think of Cam and russell wilson clone combined.

If Prescott was a clone of Wilson and Newton, he would've been taken #1 without any hesitation. Wilson fell because of his size - Prescott falls because his footwork and vision are terrible, and he has a slow throwing motion - which is why he draws comparisons to Tebow.

All his weaknesses can be hidden in the college game, similar to Tebow, but once you get into the speed of the NFL, you won't survive without a quick throwing motion. Altering throwing motion, footwork, and vision are going to take time and are highly difficult to overcome - this is Why Prescott fell to the 4th.

Don't get me wrong, I hope he pans out, but he won't be overtaking Romo this season, and he'll be at least a 3 year project. Again, as darin3 said, the college game doesn't always translate to the NFL - and this is one of those cases. Prescott needs a lot of work to transform himself into the NFL game.

• Like 1

If Prescott was a clone of Wilson and Newton, he would've been taken #1 without any hesitation. Wilson fell because of his size - Prescott falls because his footwork and vision are terrible, and he has a slow throwing motion - which is why he draws comparisons to Tebow.

All his weaknesses can be hidden in the college game, similar to Tebow, but once you get into the speed of the NFL, you won't survive without a quick throwing motion. Altering throwing motion, footwork, and vision are going to take time and are highly difficult to overcome - this is Why Prescott fell to the 4th.

Don't get me wrong, I hope he pans out, but he won't be overtaking Romo this season, and he'll be at least a 3 year project. Again, as darin3 said, the college game doesn't always translate to the NFL - and this is one of those cases. Prescott needs a lot of work to transform himself into the NFL game.

Poor vision ? Show me where and how? foot work is terrible ? Thats funny Im watching Cams throwing motion and Daks throwing motion and still trying to figure out the difference coming out of college?

Please explain

Dude, don't you smell that $hit. I know you're new but that smell is not normal. It's like troll $hit, mixed with troll fromunda, slow simmered in troll armpits. Maybe you can stand it but I can't. I'm out of here.

In short, don't feed the trolls.

Edited by Cowboyz1

Dude, don't you smell that $hit. I know you're new but that smell is not normal. It's like troll $hit, mixed with troll fromunda, slow simmered in troll armpits. Maybe you can stand it but I can't. I'm out of here.

In short, don't feed the trolls.

Considering I watched every MSU Game and know everything about prescott Im telling you its a blessing you didnt get cook or lynch

But im a troll?

Logical.

• Like 1

Poor vision ? Show me where and how? foot work is terrible ? Thats funny Im watching Cams throwing motion and Daks throwing motion and still trying to figure out the difference coming out of college?

Please explain

If he is great at all these things, what is the reasoning he fell to the 4th round? Because of his DUI? That's not enough to drop him 3 rounds.

His highlights an analyses of all these points are out there and have been pointed out by many scouts.

He is better than Tebow, but I'd argue he's closer to David Garrard than he is to Newton or Wilson. I'm rooting for him and I hope he's as great as you say he is and his college success translates directly into NFL success, but there's a lot of things he will need to overcome and improve before he will have NFL success.

I'm not arguing with you that he cannot be a very good QB in the league, but he's not ready to be that from day 1, such as Newton. He fell into one of the best spots he could be in going to Dallas and having a few years with a very good QB coach to develop.

• Like 1

Considering I watched every MSU Game and know everything about prescott Im telling you its a blessing you didnt get cook or lynch

But im a troll?

Logical.

When given the choice of trading a 2nd and 3rd for Lynch or getting Prescott in the 4th, I'd take Prescott in the 4th every day

• Like 1

If he is great at all these things, what is the reasoning he fell to the 4th round? Because of his DUI? That's not enough to drop him 3 rounds.

His highlights an analyses of all these points are out there and have been pointed out by many scouts.

He is better than Tebow, but I'd argue he's closer to David Garrard than he is to Newton or Wilson. I'm rooting for him and I hope he's as great as you say he is and his college success translates directly into NFL success, but there's a lot of things he will need to overcome and improve before he will have NFL success.

I'm not arguing with you that he cannot be a very good QB in the league, but he's not ready to be that from day 1, such as Newton. He fell into one of the best spots he could be in going to Dallas and having a few years with a very good QB coach to develop.

What rd did Brady go in?

How about Ryan Leaf?

The entire draft is a crapshoot. Anyone that tells you any different is full of dookey

... There's a reason Tom Brady is considered the greatest draft pick of all time. He also had as many starts his rookie season as I did.

In terms of comparisons Dak obviously has the size/speed/stength/leadership you look for in an NFL QB

What im saying is all those traits translate well in the NFL.

The difference with Dak is he didn't have the talent around him..

He was able to Will his team to #1 in the country for 5 weeks. He played against TOP SEC College Defenses

Lsu, Auburns and Alabamas of the world

I'm saying these guys like Wentz and Lynch have many things wrong with footwork.. vision etc vs MUCH less competition

Dak is a workaholic.

I know a lot about how a QB Handles adversity and pressure..

I'm saying I watched Lynch and Cook and Prescott in college and watch them closely thought the draft.. I honestly don't know much about Wentz besides he has some fundametals to work on.

I know I would take Prescott over any of those guys without question.

It's just comical the cowboys being the cowboys and complaining and saying they wish they got Lynch.

The guy cried his eyes out emotionally when picked by Denver, Dak got the call and said Im ready to get to work now and kept his composure.

It's simple.. Dallas got gold and they don't even know it yet.

ITwiT is like the Johnny Manziel of posters, but with more staying power...it's mostly a train wreck, but it's entertaining nonetheless

• Like 2