[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Romo suffered broken bone in his back

drafter

Watch a clip of a bunch of his plays from last game. He looks like he could be good, but there's something about the name "Prescott" repeated a lot in a game that makes it become annoying. Not sure why...

There's a town 10 minutes from me named Prescott. The locals pronounce it Press-kit. I wish the announcers would say Dak's name this way. Less effort and sounds better

I totally lied. I hadn't heard of Dak until he was drafted by the Cowboys.

I liked what I saw from him in the few college games I've seen him play. Looks like a gamer. But a lot of these kids can look good in college.

Edited by irish

I liked what I saw from him in the few college games I've seen him play. Looks like a gamer. But a lot of these kids can look good in college.

thats exactly the word I describe to people is hes a gamer

Sure a lot of these kids look good in college but do they have the talent prescott did around him going up against top talent like the LSU and auburns and Bamas of the world and not only competing at a high level but winning against them including LSU with 100,000 plus screaming

not sure what bigger games romo won than prescott hes got 2 playoff wins..

1 playoff win was because the refs screwed the lions

As a Dez owner, I think this will be OK for him. Dez is their best player and Dak should lean on Dez more than any of them (Witten a close second).

This has to be at least a moderate downgrade for Dez unless you are towing the InDakWeTrust line. How could it not be? We've already seen what happens for Dez when Romo was out last year. Ezekiel was already being over-drafted in redraft leagues and I really don't think this makes too much of a difference.

I'm fine with being wrong about the above - I may very well be; I'm just not putting my faith in Bryant at 1.9 or Elliot at 1.12 when there are surer fire bets for not overvaluing your fist pick.

• Like 1

I said he would be OK. Not a superstar. I have Dez in my dynasty league and am not ready to sell cheap. He has shown some chemistry with Dak in the pre-season.

The first 8 games:

Giants

Redskins - A

Bears

49ers - A

Bengals

Packers - A

Eagles

Browns - A

The Bengals and Packers have above average defenses. The other six do not.

Again, Dez will be fine, not awesome. With a rookie QB that's all I can ask for.

I said he would be OK. Not a superstar. I have Dez in my dynasty league and am not ready to sell cheap. He has shown some chemistry with Dak in the pre-season.

I agree with all this. But in redrafts it's a different story. Dez was going as WR6 before the Romo injury and someone like Demaryius Thomas is going as WR14 late in the 2nd round. But, Thomas had Noodle Manning and Osweiler throwing to him last year and still ended up as WR10 last year. At his point, I probably lean towards a less injury ridden Thomas and I think the Dak hype will keep Dez's value a bit inflated.

Edited by Bobby Brown