[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sammy Watkins

InTomWeTrust

Not quite following the logic of some of the posts here re: Tyrod, lack of targets, etc. Watkins was pretty much elite in the second half last season - and he was targeted double-digit times more often than not. He had a slow start, with the injury, getting used to a new QB and all - but he was excellent once he got his legs under him. I drafted him with confidence as my WR2 in a PPR last night.

I think Watkins has serious upside this year - injury and a lot of frustrations in not being able to get him the ball last year. They need to find ways to get him the rock and they will. Not sure where he'll go in my local on Saturday, but I'll be looking for him over guys like Jeffery, Allen, and Evans.

Not quite following the logic of some of the posts here re: Tyrod, lack of targets, etc. Watkins was pretty much elite in the second half last season - and he was targeted double-digit times more often than not. He had a slow start, with the injury, getting used to a new QB and all - but he was excellent once he got his legs under him. I drafted him with confidence as my WR2 in a PPR last night.

Watkins had more than 6 catches in a game only twice last year. In week 8 and in week 16. I think he's a great receiver. But receivers rarely put up big reception totals when they have a quarterback that runs a lot.

Watkins had more than 6 catches in a game only twice last year. In week 8 and in week 16. I think he's a great receiver. But receivers rarely put up big reception totals when they have a quarterback that runs a lot.

Not seeing your point here. What's the issue with "only" 6 catches in a week? 6 catches per week over the course of a season is 96 catches, which is fantastic. After coming back last year, he was about on that pace for the final 8 games - if you spread out his pace in those 8 games across 16, you get 87 catches and 1600 yards. I don't know about you, but those would qualify as "big reception totals" to me.

• Like 1

Not seeing your point here. What's the issue with "only" 6 catches in a week? 6 catches per week over the course of a season is 96 catches, which is fantastic. After coming back last year, he was about on that pace for the final 8 games - if you spread out his pace in those 8 games across 16, you get 87 catches and 1600 yards. I don't know about you, but those would qualify as "big reception totals" to me.

He did have a lot of big yardage games. He only had 6 receptions or more in 4 games. He had 3-5 catches in a majority of his games. And a lot of players have a good half season. I don't think you can assume he'll do that over a whole season. I think he is a solid 3rd or 4th round pick. He'll have to put a whole good season together before I put him into wr1 status.

Well its the new thing to use 0 logic with me and say you're trolling when you say Watkins is going to have a better year than hopkins

Because he only went to clemson with him and was better in every fashion is taller stronger faster and only lacks maybe the hands of Deandre

But why use logic?

Well its the new thing to use 0 logic with me and say you're trolling when you say Watkins is going to have a better year than hopkins

Because he only went to clemson with him and was better in every fashion is taller stronger faster and only lacks maybe the hands of Deandre

But why use logic?

I know I shouldn't reply, but I have to. You do realize that how well you do in college doesn't mean much in the NFL. You always bring up how this player or that player was so great college = him being the best player in the NFL.

If we use your logic then Tim Tebow, Brady Quinn, and RG3 are much better then Tom Brady, Kurt Warner and Warren moon.

Your argument is old and need new material.

• Like 1

I know I shouldn't reply, but I have to. You do realize that how well you do in college doesn't mean much in the NFL. You always bring up how this player or that player was so great college = him being the best player in the NFL.

If we use your logic then Tim Tebow, Brady Quinn, and RG3 are much better then Tom Brady, Kurt Warner and Warren moon.

Your argument is old and need new material.

i stopped reading after you started comparing QB talents to the a WR

Mind you one that played at the same exact college and at the WR position which is much more about physical intangables than it is anything

Simply put they played right next to each other at clemson watkins was far superior

Can you explain far superior to me?

Hopkins is one year older, there Junior years were similar.

Hopkins is taller, Watkins is faster.

Hopkins has upped his game in the NFL while Watkins has gotten hurt. I can stat drop later if you insist, but would rather you explain far superior first.

Can you explain far superior to me?

Hopkins is one year older, there Junior years were similar.

Hopkins is taller, Watkins is faster.

Hopkins has upped his game in the NFL while Watkins has gotten hurt. I can stat drop later if you insist, but would rather you explain far superior first.

They are both 6'1

Watkins is faster

Watkins has the better qb throwing to him

All im saying is if Watkins played fully healthy he can easily pass Deandre hopkins on the stat list

It was clear Watkins was the better talent at Clemson, everyone knew that.

Bills have no weapons besides Watkins

i stopped reading after you started comparing QB talents to the a WR

Mind you one that played at the same exact college and at the WR position which is much more about physical intangables than it is anything

Simply put they played right next to each other at clemson watkins was far superior

Alright lets get into WR's then, so that way I can prove your point wrong again.

So there was Antonio Brown who was a 6th round pick, not great physical intangibles.

Julian Edelman and Wes welker have been good WR's and nobody ever expected that. There was also Joe Horn.

WR's have flopped left and right and no I don't think Watkins is going to flop, but there is no proof that Watkins is going to outperform Hopkins. Some examples of flops: DHB, JJ Stokes, Peter Warrick. Justin Blackmon, Cordalle Patterson, Marquis Lee.

They are both 6'1

Watkins is faster

Watkins has the better qb throwing to him

All im saying is if Watkins played fully healthy he can easily pass Deandre hopkins on the stat list

It was clear Watkins was the better talent at Clemson, everyone knew that.

Bills have no weapons besides Watkins

You made the statement that Watkins was far superior. You have done nothing or said anything to support that claim. Again they had the exact same stats their JR year at Clemson...Watkins had 20 more catches and Hopkins had 6 more TDs. The draft is always way to high on pure speed and we have seen that over and over again...Darrius Heyward Bey ring a bell? Prove to me he was a superior talent at Clemson than Hopkins and I will concede that he can produce like Hopkins in the NFL.

Is every thread going to be a battle between intoolhethrust and people trying to debate him. How about EVERYBODY just ignore the stupid moron and stop trying to reason with him. Or maybe we need an indicator next to the thread title to show if there are a lot (say over 20%) of the posts from ITWT, then those of us looking for worthwhile discussions can just skip that nonsense.

I've tried ignoring him but that only hides his stupidity, not the replies (and his quoted posts) and the constant back and forth that results. Or could we just ban this moron? I'd rather see a drop in posts by 50% than have the place dragged further down.

• Like 5

I think Watkins has serious upside this year - injury and a lot of frustrations in not being able to get him the ball last year. They need to find ways to get him the rock and they will. Not sure where he'll go in my local on Saturday, but I'll be looking for him over guys like Jeffery, Allen, and Evans.

Well, you certainly called it on Allen!