[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Would you veto this trade

FastSteve

League I play in 10 team. Hybrid PPR with every 5 catches 3 points, start 2 QB, 2 RB, the flex is NON RB

Alex Smith & Matt Forte for RG3 & LeVeon Bell

Both QB will be nothing more than the backup's in this 2 starting QB league. So would you call this a BS trade?

Why do you think this trade is BS?

I see one owner trading for safer steady options while the other is taking larger risks for potential upside.

• Like 1

Seriously - WTF???

Def. and I need to start some sort of commissioner certification program before we let all these young guys feel they have the power to make decisions for all teams.

I would like to hear the reasoning on why this trade should be vetoed - and no, I don't wanna hear "cause two people are making their teams better, me not being one of them.'

• Like 1

Seriously - WTF???

Def. and I need to start some sort of commissioner certification program before we let all these young guys feel they have the power to make decisions for all teams.

I would like to hear the reasoning on why this trade should be vetoed - and no, I don't wanna hear "cause two people are making their teams better, me not being one of them.'

I am not some "young" guy & I would never veto some trade because I felt another team was getting better & mine is not one of them. I am actually the commissioner in another league I play in & would like to find some way to stop people from veto'n for that reason. You have no clue what you are running your mouth about.

Here is what I left out. The people involved in the trade are husband & wife. And here is what someone else had to say which agree with

This trade is so ridiculous lopsided, and the QB's are nothing more than window dressing. In a comparison the consensus have Bell as an overall 5 to 8th pick (with being out). Forte comes in around 32-42 based on format. Charles ranking would have made this trade realistic as ranking are about the same (would address the issue that will be brought up about the team's situation which was drafted that way). Factor in Forte was not even the 1st RB drafted on his team while Bell was drafted 1st identifies the value ranking by the drafters. As for the window dressing one could argue RG3 is the winner based the upside that Smith does not have.

I believe if this trade was put up on an ESPN Fantasy show it would be ripped apart. For this, I completely veto this trade and another deal of this nature will make me consider discontinuing playing in such a league. This is my view I must express on this. ***

"RG3 has the upside Alex Smith doesn't have" ... and Alex Smith doesn't have the low floor/downside/injury risk that RG3 has.

Forte also has a 3-week production lead on Bell.

OK, I understand that. Which the person that made that statement did bring up to me personally but still made such statement. However do you feel this a veto'able trade based on collusion given the facts?

Edited by FastSteve

OK, I understand that. However do you feel this a veto'able trade based on collusion given the facts?

Hell no!!

If this were in the middle of the season, you can look at their actual performances and evaluate.

But we're in the preseason.

And how are you going to prove collusion without looking at both rosters?

Edited by JumpingJehosaphat

The real reason people are pissed is because it is the husband and wife trading because that could very well be husband and husband as the wife is a trojan horse host for the husband to pull levers and push buttons of the management of the Wife's team.

So the husband receives Bell?

Either way, you talk to both parties and let them know that this seems fishy to let fly do it behind the scenes first. There is no way to tell if this trade in the end gives anyone a distinct advantage so I don't know that I would Veto, but husband and wife trades especially this early should be questioned with those two parties.

Edited by robotpimp

Again, on the surface it looks like someone wants safe and steady rather then boom or bust. That being said, I avoid leagues with married couples owning separate teams. No matter what they do there is always going to be the appearance of a conflict of interest.

He/She didn't start this WR in his/her lineup against him/her cause their married.

The trade is one sided/collusion.

He/She is running his/her team!

If you know the people and don't think they would do anything shady I would approve the trade. Otherwise you are going to have to approach them for their individual reasonings in order to be able to provide them to the masses. Good luck with this one.

OK start 2 QB, RB, WR, D/ST & K, the flex is WR/TE, the bench is 5 with no IR

Team with Forte

QB Derick Carr, Matt Ryan, Alex Smith

RB LaMarr Miller, Forte DeAngelo Williams TJ Yeldon

WR Julio Jones Amari Cooper Jarvis Landry Josh Gordon

TE Gary Barnidge Jared Cook

K Justin Tucker Josh Brown

D/ST KC BUF

Team with Bell

QB Aaron Rodgers Jameis Winston RG3

RB LeVeon Bell Jamaal Charles Jeremey Langford Ameer Abdullah

WR Kelvin Benjamin Jordam Matthews Allen Hurns

TE Jason Witten Tyler Eifert Zach Ertz

K Cairo Satnos Blair Walsh

D/ST LAR BAL

looks even more legit with Charles and Bell on the same squad not starting week1. I'd be desperate too. Maybe Charles makes more sense maybe not because if Sunday Andy say's Charles is going to suit up Bell team now has Forte and Charles to choose from which match-up-wise would make more sense than carrying Bell with all the questions surrounding that Langford/Abdullah backfield. I would not Veto this trade and probably let it go. I mean the Forte team has DeAngelo it couldn't make more sense.

looks even more legit with Charles and Bell on the same squad not starting week1. I'd be desperate too. Maybe Charles makes more sense maybe not because if Sunday Andy say's Charles is going to suit up Bell team now has Forte and Charles to choose from which match-up-wise would make more sense than carrying Bell with all the questions surrounding that Langford/Abdullah backfield. I would not Veto this trade and probably let it go. I mean the Forte team has DeAngelo it couldn't make more sense.

Yep. There is reasoning behind the trade and both teams benefit.

Context is important when evaluating trades.

• Like 1