[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jordan Reed

GoldenEagle81

Finding a consistent tight end in fantasy that will produce decent numbers week by week is like trying to find a decent looking pair of jeans my size at Nordstrom Rack. My ex-boyfriend used to say Rob Gronkowski is the only tight end that will consistently put up points like a WR week to week. I thought that to be somewhat true until last year when I picked up Jordan Reed off the waiver wire. Yes... The waiver wire! This year i took him in the fourth round over Greg Olsen to make sure he was not taken before the 5th. He helped me through crunch time at the end of last year, and I doubt I would have won my league without him. He's my #2 TE hands down this year!!!

That's why yoga pants are so poular.

I can't fathom him playing 12 full games, so having a decent option immediately is needed if you go with Reed.

My drafting style is conservative with the TE's and I know he'll go 2nd or 3rd and at a premium that is too much for me when we draft on Saturday.

• Like 2

He went early 3rd in my main local. Too much risk at that price, especially when looking at all of the RB and WR talent still there.

while I usually subscribe to that...and agree for the most part

I took reed with the first pick of the 4th in a high stakes ppr league.....and ya....its sort of risky at that price.....but then I remembered that I won this league last year with my 3rd round pick missing most of the year....and my 2nd round pick starting real slowly....I think I can burn this pick and survive If reed busts out.....plenty of decent TE options available most likely seeing as how a lot of guys carry 1 if there are no roster limits

its all about how you feel you can identify, and land, guys down the road who are going to perform and perform better than theyre draft position

now heres a guy I like for example....marvin jones....the guy is being taken anywhere from the 5-7th rounds......if I can land him and he performs like a low end 1(I can see this happening) or even a 2.....say hes like 80-85 with 1100-1200....8-12.....if im getting a guy like that as my wr 3 later and im able to land a guy like reed(and of course assuming reed plays 13-16 games and does his thing)...I think Ive got an advantage.....im sure there are examples at rb many feel comfortable touting too

I think a lot of it depends too on what slot you are picking from

Edited by forever in debt to mo lewis

We can play 2 TEs in my 2nd league (which is a PPR - 2nd TE would play over a WR in my WR/TE slot), so I ended up taking Reed in the 3rd round and then Olsen in the 4th. I didn't particularly like the WR options available to me at those picks (they were projected to have basically the same production as Olsen), so I figured there was no reason not to. I get the added benefit of being able to slide Olsen over into the TE slot if/when Reed gets dinged up, so I think it works.

I drafted him as the 4th or 5th TE taken. In that league, you have to fill out your "starters" before you can take reserves.

This is what my local is like this weekend. It makes it interesting for sure, especially with positional roster limits.

I wouldn't think he's the 5th TE taken though - that's value and would be tough to pass up.

That's how it was since I joined 3 seasons ago. Think he just likes to make sure no one's loading up on any 1 position before the others in the league. If he goes to an online draft next year, this will have to go out the window.

Absolutely LOVE the kid (full disclosure - I'm wearing my homer stripes :) ), and I would have reached for him in my primary local keeper league if he had not been kept by last year's owner.

Anyway, as has been pointed out, he is the main receiving option in Gruden's offense and is a PPR/red zone beast (also, as has been pointed out, when healthy). He appears to be somewhat match-up proof, as he's too big for corners to cover and too quick/fast for LBs...

If he does go down, Vernon Davis will be next man up this year...it will also be interesting to see if Gruden trots out any 2 TE sets like Belichick uses in NE.