[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Redic league rules...

anismith

Just want to vent about Realtime fantasy sports. I tried them out this year without doing proper homework on the league rules. There are some features on their site that I enjoy, but their waiver system is silly.

Annoying things:

1. When someone drops someone one week, you have to wait till the following week to be able to pick the player up.

2. They reset the WW each week based on number of points scored. Resetting the WW each week is annoying enough, but they do it based on points scored, not record. This means that I have a team where I am 1-3 and have scored the most points (annoying by itself) where I still get last pick on the WW.

3. Two rounds of waiver wire pickups before any free agency. And then free agency is only from Saturday 12Pm till Sunday 1Pm. This makes the two previous things even more annoying.

Just as a warning for others (I know it's my own stupid fault for not looking into this stuff more before playing).

I play in several leagues at RTSports and that is not how we have the waiver wire set. Your commish can set it any way he likes. Unless this is one of their dopey public leagues. I also play in a couple of RTS TFC's where waivers use FAAB, which of course, is always superior to other types of waivers rules.

Public leagues blow. You never know what you're going to get.

I play in several leagues at RTSports and that is not how we have the waiver wire set. Your commish can set it any way he likes. Unless this is one of their dopey public leagues. I also play in a couple of RTS TFC's where waivers use FAAB, which of course, is always superior to other types of waivers rules.

Agreed on all points.

Yeah, this was public leagues for $30 a pop. Maybe it's how their default settings are because I joined a couple of them on there. I got antsy early in the summer and wanted to draft. I guess I learned my lesson. The system is so frustrating.

This isn't redic, but I've been wondering why leagues don't include FAAB as something that can be traded (or maybe they do and I'm just dumb?). Trades are difficult to pull off in fantasy not only because everyone values players differently, but because each team only has so many players, and even if two people want to pull off a trade, it's hard for each person to find a player on their roster and a player on the other team's roster that are worth (roughly) the same amount of value.

Whereas during a draft, a trade is pretty easy, cause the value of draft picks is not subjective and there are regular intervals between each pick. That's why I think trading FAAB would make everything easier, because it's value is not subjective in any way and 21 FAAB is 1 FAAB better than 20 FAAB, but you don't have regular intervals like that with players.

For example say one team has both Jordan Reed and Jimmy Graham, and another team has nothing at TE. They both agree that trading one of those TEs to the other team is a good idea, but there's no one on the other team's roster that both people agree is worth trading for the TE. Say they've chosen it to be Reed and the only two trade options that are close are Edelman or Demaryius, but the Reed owner thinks Edelman's not quite enough, and the Demaryius owner would trade Edelman but thinks Reed is not quite enough for Demaryius. Is there any reason why you shouldn't be able to also add FAAB into the mix to make trades easier to do?

This isn't redic, but I've been wondering why leagues don't include FAAB as something that can be traded (or maybe they do and I'm just dumb?). Trades are difficult to pull off in fantasy not only because everyone values players differently, but because each team only has so many players, and even if two people want to pull off a trade, it's hard for each person to find a player on their roster and a player on the other team's roster that are worth (roughly) the same amount of value.

Whereas during a draft, a trade is pretty easy, cause the value of draft picks is not subjective and there are regular intervals between each pick. That's why I think trading FAAB would make everything easier, because it's value is not subjective in any way and 21 FAAB is 1 FAAB better than 20 FAAB, but you don't have regular intervals like that with players.

For example say one team has both Jordan Reed and Jimmy Graham, and another team has nothing at TE. They both agree that trading one of those TEs to the other team is a good idea, but there's no one on the other team's roster that both people agree is worth trading for the TE. Say they've chosen it to be Reed and the only two trade options that are close are Edelman or Demaryius, but the Reed owner thinks Edelman's not quite enough, and the Demaryius owner would trade Edelman but thinks Reed is not quite enough for Demaryius. Is there any reason why you shouldn't be able to also add FAAB into the mix to make trades easier to do?

I know at least one website that allows you to trade FAAB....

Just want to vent about Realtime fantasy sports. I tried them out this year without doing proper homework on the league rules. There are some features on their site that I enjoy, but their waiver system is silly.

Annoying things:

1. When someone drops someone one week, you have to wait till the following week to be able to pick the player up.

2. They reset the WW each week based on number of points scored. Resetting the WW each week is annoying enough, but they do it based on points scored, not record. This means that I have a team where I am 1-3 and have scored the most points (annoying by itself) where I still get last pick on the WW.

3. Two rounds of waiver wire pickups before any free agency. And then free agency is only from Saturday 12Pm till Sunday 1Pm. This makes the two previous things even more annoying.

Just as a warning for others (I know it's my own stupid fault for not looking into this stuff more before playing).

I've run a league on RT for years. All those things are configurable.

There are threads started every year about how one league management site or another sucks and has horrible rules or inability to handle things. 95% of the time it is just how their league, often a public league with no real commish or ability to set their own rules. Then you have people only hearing the initial fact and clinging to RTS/CBS/Yahoo/ESPN/MFL cannot handle ________ properly.

There are threads started every year about how one league management site or another sucks and has horrible rules or inability to handle things. 95% of the time it is just how their league, often a public league with no real commish or ability to set their own rules. Then you have people only hearing the initial fact and clinging to RTS/CBS/Yahoo/ESPN/MFL cannot handle ________ properly.

Fair enough, I'm just making a note about the default settings. I like the default settings at other sites. I don't understand who would want such default settings.

One thing I really like about RTS is that you can search for a player (i.e. Dorsett) across all possible leagues at once

Most probably don't allow it for ease of management, but there are those leagues out there that do allow those trades. I don't allow it in an auction league I run cause your FAAB is real dollars, and I just don't want to deal with the headaches that would open up.

Edited by Def.

Fair enough, I'm just making a note about the default settings. I like the default settings at other sites. I don't understand who would want such default settings.

One thing I really like about RTS is that you can search for a player (i.e. Dorsett) across all possible leagues at once

I don't normally front other advice sites here, but FantasyPros allows you to import your rosters from ESPN, Yahoo, RT, etc... Then, they have an app you can run over here (and on other advice sites) that will show you which players are available in all the leagues you play in. If the icon by a player name is blue, he's taken everywhere, if it's green, he's available and by clicking on it you can see where. Saves you a TON of time if you are in multiple leagues. You can import one league for free with limited functionality, and then up to 10 for a fee (30 or 35 for the year). Their rankings are an aggregate of experts across a boatload of sites. Where Pros is lacking, however, is where the Huddle is strong, and that is in daily articles and opinion throughout the season. There is some of that over there, but nothing near what the huddle has. Together, the two are a solid tandem.

• Like 1