[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dez Starting

XFlash

The potential issue with Dak at QB is that he's got this reputation quickly built as an uber ball protector who doesn't throw INTs. Fine. Well, neither does he take any chances downfield unless the guy's absolutely wide open and even then NFL QBs miss those wide open guys often. How many times do you see elite WRs make the play regardless, especially Dez and especially Dez in the end zone? Now maybe Dak hasn't had to take any chances yet because his o-line and EZkill have controlled the game and he hasn't been behind much. But he's going to have to develop that part of his game because he will ​find himself behind in the 4th quarter and won't have any experience throwing downfield because all he does in check down to Beasley and Witten. Yes, Romo has thrown his boneheaded 4th quarter interceptions to lose games but he's won an awful lot more of them coming from behind by taking those shots. I'm not saying to force throws Dez's way just for the sake of targeting him but neither can you only throw when he's got no one within 5 yards either. I just don't see that Dak has the confidence yet to do that.

The potential issue with Dak at QB is that he's got this reputation quickly built as an uber ball protector who doesn't throw INTs. Fine. Well, neither does he take any chances downfield unless the guy's absolutely wide open and even then NFL QBs miss those wide open guys often. How many times do you see elite WRs make the play regardless, especially Dez and especially Dez in the end zone? Now maybe Dak hasn't had to take any chances yet because his o-line and EZkill have controlled the game and he hasn't been behind much. But he's going to have to develop that part of his game because he will ​find himself behind in the 4th quarter and won't have any experience throwing downfield because all he does in check down to Beasley and Witten. Yes, Romo has thrown his boneheaded 4th quarter interceptions to lose games but he's won an awful lot more of them coming from behind by taking those shots. I'm not saying to force throws Dez's way just for the sake of targeting him but neither can you only throw when he's got no one within 5 yards either. I just don't see that Dak has the confidence yet to do that.

I don't see him as being uber cautious. He goes to the right read and puts the ball in places only his receiver can get it. When I watch Dak I see a guy that knows where to throw the ball as well as where not to throw it. He's thrown the ball to Dez in tight spaces as well as TW and Witten. I find is ball accuracy on par with Brady. Just because he makes it look easy doesn't mean it is. We have only seen one game with Dez and Dak on the field together. I think you will see him going to Dez far more in the future beginning today. Dez makes very good decisions and if you watch Brady he doesn't go deep very often at all. Rather he puts the ball on his receivers and leads them to open field. Ball placement that allows WRs to gain YAC is as good as a deep ball thrown into coverage. I don't see anyone complaining about Brady throwing the ball underneath and very few deep shots!

I find Dez a very positive influence on the team and what people think are tantrums are him doing exactly what Irvin did, and that's motivating his team to win. He praises very vocally and animated when he does it. I have seen him in practice and what he says are the same things we see on camera in game which are all positive motivation and frustration when they don't execute at the level he and the coaches expect. Dez is NOT a distraction, if anything he is a major part of the heart of this team.

With Dez back and healthy, the Offense is about to go to another level. Now you have to deal with Dez, Beas, Witten, TW and Zeke. Pick your poison indeed.

Edited by Cowboyz1

I'm sorry I just am not on board with a game plan that says we should force the ball to Dez when we don't need to because later we might need to. That can become a self fulling prophecy.

What a great game. Dak is for real. THis kid played his worst game and still when it counted came through. Great game boys. Classic division tilt. Philly came to play but we out muscled them.

Must admit though, Dak is charmed cause that game was lost with at least 3 bad throws that shoulda coulda been the game.

Edited by Cowboyz1

Best tape of the year on how to rattle him. He is real good though.

Agreed, however, it was great experience for him. He will watch the tape and be better for it. When he sees those prayers he threw up he'll learn that a sack or a throw away would have been better then a pick six. Hope he learns from it cause he can expect to see it A LOT more.

That screen pass broke my heart when Travis got called for holding.

I'm not digging the Eagles, but imo Pederson was playing not to lose when he punted instead of trying the 53 yd field goal. His kicker hit from 55 twice as the 1st half was ending. Gotta try it there

Agreed I couldn't believe that decision too passive you go for the throats there and deal with the consequences if you miss. Great game though both teams are above any expectations I had for them and both at times looked downright impressive. Dak and Elliot will be a fun combo to watch for years they could be dynamic for a while. Both teams fans should be over the moon with what you landed in the draft this year. Kudos from the guy that has no QB and a guy named Baalke that's whiffed so many times I think they just say hey what's up whiff when they pass him in the hallways now... :lol:

• Like 1

After watching the game again, this was a 70 minute fight. I tip my hat to the Eagles for overcoming their coach and playing hard all game long. Wentz has turned into a dink and dunk QB and I don't believe him to be that kind of QB. Their OC is doing him wrong by not allowing him to spread his wings a bit and make mistakes along the way he can learn from.

I think Dez coming back upset the apple cart a bit as Dak ignored his go to guy Beas for most of the game. I suspect they were a bit rusty do to the bye week but to fight through and step up instead of down with the game on the line was a huge positive.

I think the rookie was the coach on Philly rather than his QB. Some very poor decision making. On the other side, I think Garrett is rounding into a very very good coach. We should have him for years to come.

This is shaping up to be a very special season for the Cowboys. Lovin it.