[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Doug Martin looking good

michaelredd9

3 minutes ago, michaelredd9 said:

I'm starting him.  He isn't coming back from injury.  He went through the preseason.  He should be in good shape and ready to take a heavy load.

Are you worried with how bad and injured the buccs def is that the pats will make it where the buccs have to throw to stay in it?

10 minutes ago, BrockStaysHigh said:

Are you worried with how bad and injured the buccs def is that the pats will make it where the buccs have to throw to stay in it?

That and he hasn't seen any game action this year and I would steer clear of starting him this week. But many have no other option so roll the dice at your peril. 

3 minutes ago, BrockStaysHigh said:

Yep, that could happen.  But I'm more worried that Brandon Marshall just flat out sucks.  And my other options for my second flex spot are worse than Marshall.  I don't have the luxury of sitting a starting running back because of a potentially bad situation. Besides, the Patriots defense has given up an average of 32 points so it could be a high scoring affair for both teams.

http://www.joebucsfan.com/2017/10/getting-doug-martin-touches/

As for how many carries or snaps Martin will see Thursday night, Koetter all but said it is a work in progress.

“Doug knows our system, so I am sure Doug can handle whatever we are going give him,” Koetter said. “The main issue is just how much do we want to give him? Because Jacquizz [Rodgers] is coming off — shoot we gave Jacquizz the game ball against the Giants. He is playing good. We kind of got our roles established now.

“We are just going to have to kind of see where we can kind of squeeze Doug in there and pick our spots. It is going to be a little bit trial by fire Thursday night.”

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Zangief80 said:

As for how many carries or snaps Martin will see Thursday night, Koetter all but said it is a work in progress.

“Doug knows our system, so I am sure Doug can handle whatever we are going give him,” Koetter said. “The main issue is just how much do we want to give him? Because Jacquizz [Rodgers] is coming off — shoot we gave Jacquizz the game ball against the Giants. He is playing good. We kind of got our roles established now.

“We are just going to have to kind of see where we can kind of squeeze Doug in there and pick our spots. It is going to be a little bit trial by fire Thursday night.”

Hopefully that is just coachspeak.  

work in progress, see where he can fit in the offense?

What crazy talk that is that?!?

Weak coach motivation speak.  Everyone knows they need D.Martin as the full time starter.

55 minutes ago, Zangief80 said:

Martin has been with the team for five years. Three more than the coaches. They know exactly what they have in Martin and what they have in Rodgers who is nothing more than a journeyman RB on his third team in six years. Martin's had issues and down years to be sure but he's been great in two years when he had his head on straight which was said to very much be the case in the offseason.

I would expect for at least this first game back that they will mix him into a rotation that probably will favor Rodgers for the first week. There is no way that Rodgers is a better back and that will show up sooner than later. But I think that they won't just dump Martin back in which is a little disrespectful to Rodgers. I own Martin in plenty of leagues and I think he'll be a good add to a fantasy team but I am very reticent to expect a lot in the first game. I may start him in a few leagues purely from a lack of options.

2 hours ago, BrockStaysHigh said:

He should get any goal line carries and isn't a bad receiver out of the backfield himself regardless of any coachspeak misdirection about Quiz. I would expect Sims on third downs and potentially a lot more if they fall behind by a lot early.

4 hours ago, Zangief80 said:

That's BS! In his first game back last year, he got the rock 16 times, and that was after an injury. Then they started giving him the ball about 20 times a game.

4 hours ago, DMD said:

Martin has been with the team for five years. Three more than the coaches. They know exactly what they have in Martin and what they have in Rodgers who is nothing more than a journeyman RB on his third team in six years. Martin's had issues and down years to be sure but he's been great in two years when he had his head on straight which was said to very much be the case in the offseason.

I would expect for at least this first game back that they will mix him into a rotation that probably will favor Rodgers for the first week. There is no way that Rodgers is a better back and that will show up sooner than later. But I think that they won't just dump Martin back in which is a little disrespectful to Rodgers. I own Martin in plenty of leagues and I think he'll be a good add to a fantasy team but I am very reticent to expect a lot in the first game. I may start him in a few leagues purely from a lack of options.

Exactly.  It's not is he the guy in general, but what the deal is this week, which is anyone's guess. 

Isn't the big thing about Thursday night games that players are on 3 days rest?  I'm pretty certain Martin is WELL rested.  And as others have said he has been with the team for 5 years and was there during the preseason.  He has 10 days to recover for week 6 as well.  Contrary to popular belief Koetter isn't an idiot, he had people thinking they might cut Martin last week with his coach speak about waiting until Monday to make the call on activating him.  Only an idiot wouldn't wait until Monday with a game on Sunday.  I'm positive Rodgers will see action, its just whether it is every 3rd set of downs or 4th set.  Start Douggie

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Courduroy said:

Isn't the big thing about Thursday night games that players are on 3 days rest?  I'm pretty certain Martin is WELL rested.  And as others have said he has been with the team for 5 years and was there during the preseason.  He has 10 days to recover for week 6 as well.

That did work out well for Doug.  And I'm not worried about him not practicing.  It is his second year in this system and he went through the whole preseason.  He should know the playbook inside and out.  The Patriots are giving up over 5 yards per carry and have given up the second most fantasy points to running backs this year.

• Like 1