[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Luck on IR

boltnlava

11 minutes ago, boltnlava said:

NO..they are saying no but setback and not able to play....it was an odd wording in presser.

Yeah...I don't think they want to hit the panic button yet.  Interesting to hear from a former teammate though:

Just now, boltnlava said:

Maybe he's saying luck doesn't want to risk his career behind that swiss cheese?  So many angles.

He made a good point though.  Luck has been 'recovering' for like 10 months.  Cam Newton had surgery on his shoulder AFTER Luck, and resumed throwing the football long before luck, and has played the entire season.  Luck's injury is incredible serious when comparing to other QB's who have had shoulder issues.  

I bet he has another procedure. Shoulders can be tricky. These days I think most people recover well but every once in awhile someone has the procedure and is never the same.

I've had 3 and ended my college pitching, not trying to say i was anywhere close to a pro talent but my point is I watched others recover from similar procedures and return to the field just as good if not better sometimes while I had to go back two more times.

Next year will be another solid draft class for QB's.  Should the worst happen, it could have happened when there wasn't jackshit coming out of college.  And Ballard has earned his first strike in my book.  Why the f' wasn't Luck put on IR to start the season?  Why does boy wonder (Pagano) keep saying Luck will for sure play this year?  Seriously - is this organization trying to complete with the Cleveland Clowns for the worst run franchise in all of the NFL.  Fucksake already - get it together! 

Edited by Shorttynaz

I drafted TY Hilton in the early rounds because I (like the rest of the football world) fell prey to ownership lying about his status in order to fill seats.

Then I followed that pick with Mike Gillislee.

Plus David Johnson is my keeper.

12 team league.

So yeah, you can guess what my record is.

The only balancing factor for my misfortune is the incredible recent misfortune of other skilled players. TY w/o Luck is akin to:

Fitzgerald w/o Palmer

Nelson/Adams w/o Rodgers

Fuller & Hopkins w/o Watson

Then of course there is also Dalvin Cook, Odell Beckham Jr, Greg Olson, & Danny Woodhead.

Not to mention other hot prospects like Corey Coleman & Cameron Meredith.

Wow. I mean really crazy year man. I can't recall a year where so many top tier players went down. But at least with most of them, you knew it was over. Colts ownership spinning an Andrew Luck return all year to intentionally deceive their fan base into a false sense of hope is just dirty pool imo. When you go back and read the articles and quotes/soundbites from the Colts (Pagano & up) it's pretty clear in hindsight they were never very optimistic about his return.

On the other hand, you can't really blame the trickster for fooling those willing to be fooled.

And we all wanted to believe them.