[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Deshaun Watson may have torn ACL

Big John

3 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

What was misreported that McNair signed off on workout for Kaep?  Or that he called the players inmates?  He used the phrase "the inmates running the asylum" in reference to their protesting. I think it was overblown, expression is used frequently and nobody saying it is calling the people inmates.

It would be like somebody thinking you called them a horse if you said "well can't lead a horse to water" in discussing some situation with them.

Misreported that they signed off on Kaep being allowed a workout which I mentioned above. Made the mistake of trusting initial reports on Twitter before something more concrete was confirmed. 

• Like 1

I was just watching him play and said to myself you can tell he's young QB because he doesn't wear those frikin huge knee braces like Brady and others.   So much for that, here is what we'll be seeing next year.

9_8_2013_ap806019594885-08201.thumb.jpg.5ebefc7e2d68b239bcf7f019191d4944.jpg

Edited by rai

1 hour ago, Wolverines Fan said:

I have an 8-0 BoTh league team and I'm sweating too.

We have an IR thing, so that's where Watson is going.

Just picked up Andy Dalton.

If I were 8-0 or 7-1 in a redraft league, I'd be making a big push to trade for Ezekiel Elliott.  He is far more valuable to you than to an owner with a 5-3 record or worse.

Edited by michaelredd9

10 minutes ago, michaelredd9 said:

If I were 8-0 or 7-1 in a redraft league, I'd be making a big push to trade for Ezekiel Elliott.  He is far more valuable to you than to an owner with a 5-3 record or worse.

I'd be on the interwebs telling everyone i'm 8-0....

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, straightouttacoughlin said:

The Houston Texans must be cursed. 

Everyone's value on that team is going to decrease drastically, besides Miller.

Tom Savage career stats:

650 yards passing

0 TD's

1 INT

He likes Hopkins though.  I actually have more faith in Savage getting Hopkins the ball then Hundley getting Adams or Nelson the ball.  The biggest problem isn't necessarily Savage, its that combination of Savage being an immobile pocket QB and a line that can't pass protect for manure. 

4 minutes ago, Def. said:

He likes Hopkins though.  I actually have more faith in Savage getting Hopkins the ball then Hundley getting Adams or Nelson the ball.  The biggest problem isn't necessarily Savage, its that combination of Savage being an immobile pocket QB and a line that can't pass protect for manure. 

^This^

Watson was leading all QBs in rushing and tied for #1 in passing TDs. He made so many plays with his mobility. He had mobility, arm strength, and accuracy.

3 hours ago, Def. said:

I mean who wouldn't like Hopkins as a QB, hes a play maker. :bow: You just have to be able to get him the ball.

But yeah, that Houston O-Line is complete Garbo.. It truly does show how good Watson was, in the pocket, with what he had. 

Savage can definitely find success with Hopkins... 

I feel that if he can get short 10 yard passes/screens off to Hopkins and allow him to torch the defense; then hes golden.

But its Savage, I don't even think he trusts himself.

1 hour ago, BeeR said:

That's because I'm playing against Miller.  :angry:

That's because your a Colts fan...  You just lost your Luck.. 

Yeah I know.. I'm funny. 

Edited by straightouttacoughlin

7 hours ago, straightouttacoughlin said:

I mean who wouldn't like Hopkins as a QB, hes a play maker. :bow: You just have to be able to get him the ball.

But yeah, that Houston O-Line is complete Garbo.. It truly does show how good Watson was, in the pocket, with what he had. 

Savage can definitely find success with Hopkins... 

I feel that if he can get short 10 yard passes/screens off to Hopkins and allow him to torch the defense; then hes golden.

But its Savage, I don't even think he trusts himself.

That's because your a Colts fan...  You just lost your Luck.. 

Yeah I know.. I'm funny. 

Hopkins is one of the worst with YAC. He's always been that way. You need to get him the ball where you want it to be. He won't be torching the defense with short passes .

Kind of peeved about this. Hopkins was my only dude I acquired this year who hasn't been a complete bust.

A. Rob

Luck

Hilton

OBJ

Woodhead

Palmer

And now Hopkins

Good thing this is dynasty

Edited by Rbgb

6 hours ago, Shaft said:

Hopkins is one of the worst with YAC. He's always been that way. You need to get him the ball where you want it to be. He won't be torching the defense with short passes .

Very true, but he said that YAC was something he wanted to get better/practice at.

He just torched Seattle's defense with a small screen pass for a 70 yard TD. :sleep:

Edited by straightouttacoughlin
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, straightouttacoughlin said:

Very true, but he said that YAC was something he wanted to get better/practice at.

He just torched Seattle's defense with a small screen pass for a 70 yard TD. :sleep:

This.. was just about to say lol.. did u miss that screen pass

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, straightouttacoughlin said:

25 minutes ago, Gourdeau said:

This.. was just about to say lol.. did u miss that screen pass

One play does not make up for years of this glaring weakness in his game.

I'm trying to think positively here lol... the sample we got of Tom Savage lasted 1 half vs what has become the top def vs the pass in the NFL.. he was sacked 6 times and pressured a foolish amount in that 1st half. Watson came in and didnt exactly shine either. Take away 1 passing td and his day was very similar to Savage, around 100 yards, a turnover and tons of pressure/ sacks. Is it fair to say that Savage isn't getting a fair chance in the public eye based on 1 poor half vs a really stout defence in week 1, a week where teams typically come out slow, trying to find their mark and a week that saw the likes of Rodgers Brees Brady Prescot Wilson Cousins all sub 20 fantasy points. Will Fuller was also out. Obviously O'Brien saw something in Savage during camp to give him the nod week 1.. Savage is no Watson, but is it possible he can come out and surprise us. Its certainly a perfect matchup to start gaining confidence @home vs the colts. The big difference is Watson's ability to escape the pressure.

26 minutes ago, Gourdeau said:

I'm trying to think positively here lol... the sample we got of Tom Savage lasted 1 half vs what has become the top def vs the pass in the NFL.. he was sacked 6 times and pressured a foolish amount in that 1st half. Watson came in and didnt exactly shine either. Take away 1 passing td and his day was very similar to Savage, around 100 yards, a turnover and tons of pressure/ sacks. Is it fair to say that Savage isn't getting a fair chance in the public eye based on 1 poor half vs a really stout defence in week 1, a week where teams typically come out slow, trying to find their mark and a week that saw the likes of Rodgers Brees Brady Prescot Wilson Cousins all sub 20 fantasy points. Will Fuller was also out. Obviously O'Brien saw something in Savage during camp to give him the nod week 1.. Savage is no Watson, but is it possible he can come out and surprise us. Its certainly a perfect matchup to start gaining confidence @home vs the colts. The big difference is Watson's ability to escape the pressure.

^^^^^^ This^^^^^

Yeah, you think positively all you want. I've been a fan of Hopkins for years and I hope he does well with Savage, but let's not fool ourselves here. Watson was the difference that took an offense at the bottom last season to the top this season.