[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Martavis Bryant rest of season

michaelredd9

If he truly was that great it would be evident by now. Not saying hes not wicked fast n tall but theres more to it than that. His ball locating skills on deep passes have diminished at least a tad, some were over throws by ben but on a couple he just couldnt locate the ball. He should be producing more but the steelers arent "out to get him" like you seem to think. Why would they sabatoge themselves?

24 minutes ago, BrockStaysHigh said:

If he truly was that great it would be evident by now. Not saying hes not wicked fast n tall but theres more to it than that. His ball locating skills on deep passes have diminished at least a tad, some were over throws by ben but on a couple he just couldnt locate the ball. He should be producing more but the steelers arent "out to get him" like you seem to think. Why would they sabatoge themselves?

I don't think the steelers are "out to get him"....I just don't think they use him properly or give him the right opportunities....I never said they were out to get him or even really implied that......but 171 targets with 48 percent of them being go routes or quick hit screens suggest that they aren't giving him the right opportunity to succeed as a well rounded/all around receiver ...it also suggests they are relatively predictable with how they use him ....at least to me....would you agree?

11 hours ago, forever in debt to mo lewis said:

everytime I see a thread about Bryant anywhere it usually comes with 4 or 5 guys that seem bitter

And I understand their bitterness.  I'd be bitter if I drafted him at his adp of 53.87.  But the question isn't whether Martavis was a good draft pick at his adp.  Clearly he was a horrible pick.  The question is whether he is a worthwhile waiver wire pickup because he is available in a lot of leagues.  He is available in even the deepest of leagues.  His natural talents are undeniable.  And defenses can't focus on him because of the talent around him.  He can put up WR2 or WR3 numbers if Ben decides to start targeting him.  Whiny divas have of way of getting what they want.

7 hours ago, michaelredd9 said:

And I understand their bitterness.  I'd be bitter if I drafted him at his adp of 53.87.  But the question isn't whether Martavis was a good draft pick at his adp.  Clearly he was a horrible pick.  The question is whether he is a worthwhile waiver wire pickup because he is available in a lot of leagues.  He is available in even the deepest of leagues.  His natural talents are undeniable.  And defenses can't focus on him because of the talent around him.  He can put up WR2 or WR3 numbers if Ben decides to start targeting him.  Whiny divas have of way of getting what they want.

michael...i drafted bryant in the 5th round in a high stakes league...im disappointed but not bitter(and im a diehard pats fan).....im talking about guys that seem to be bitter that he has all this talent but almost "blew it" and is now crying about his role.....like i said...its all relative...to us common folk he could seem like an immature baby....but hes in the league and these are his peers...he feels hes just as good as them and can do better and be bigger than what hes shown....he wants better for himself.....but alot of guys just pontificate and hate on him because they look at him as a spoiled, dumb, entitled jock

Many people (fans not players) are tired of athletes in general and their whiny attitude.

Sure to his peers his not as bad, because they all have huge egos, just look at the middle tier talent who think they are elite or the best in the league.

I prefer players team (favorite or fantasy) to not complain a lot and trash their teammates, coaches, fans.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stevegrab said:

Many people (fans not players) are tired of athletes in general and their whiny attitude.

Sure to his peers his not as bad, because they all have huge egos, just look at the middle tier talent who think they are elite or the best in the league.

I prefer players team (favorite or fantasy) to not complain a lot and trash their teammates, coaches, fans.

again...its all relative

the common folk prefer minorities to be quiet....he didn't trash tomlin, his qb, haley, or even juju....just said "yall can have him ...trade me".....the team didn't move him and apparently all parties are ready to move forward ....like I said...its easy for the common man to bash.....Bryant thinks hes capable of more and better....and his talent/track record suggests he might be......things aren't going well for him or the steelers offensive point output despite what AB and bells fantasy points look like.....he thinks they can do better.......I don't think its a crime.....but you cant imagine yourself in his shoes because you don't have 1/8 the talent or peers that are driving around in 250k automobiles....so the natural reaction is to think hes a whiny, spoiled, guy......

its not a crime...these guys are risking their health and bodies on every snap....they aren't playing pee wee league football for fun where they are trying to learn life lessons....

I'm a lifelong diehard pats fan and season ticket holder..i don't like the steelers....I play in a high stakes league where I took the guy in the 5th round and hes done squat for me.....and I still don't have a problem with him

you might attribute that to cognitive dissonance and my ego....maybe I just cant understand why I was wrong? maybe that's part of it....but I just don't have a major problem with him

Edited by forever in debt to mo lewis

28 minutes ago, BrockStaysHigh said:

It seems like hes ur nephew or something lol.

nah...I just think hes really talented....and I think he is misused....by a team whos offense has struggled to put up points against playoff caliber teams......I'm also able to understand how his situation is relative to him and I dont judge him based on the average white male perception of him

I didn't see you answer the last question I posed to you

23 minutes ago, forever in debt to mo lewis said:

nah...I just think hes really talented....and I think he is misused....by a team whos offense has struggled to put up points against playoff caliber teams......I'm also able to understand how his situation is relative to him and I dont judge him based on the average white male perception of him

I didn't see you answer the last question I posed to you

Thought most people liked team players ahead of me players...do not even know why a comment like this was made.  :(

• Like 1

He gets chances just like everyone else on the team only difference is he does nothing with them. Dont really know what im spose to say. Hes like dorial green beckham n kinda like jeff Janis. Tall wicked fast wrs that have made plays where u think oh man this guys a beast then dissapear for half a season or in beckham n janis' case their careers lol.

1 hour ago, BrockStaysHigh said:

He gets chances just like everyone else on the team only difference is he does nothing with them. Dont really know what im spose to say. Hes like dorial green beckham n kinda like jeff Janis. Tall wicked fast wrs that have made plays where u think oh man this guys a beast then dissapear for half a season or in beckham n janis' case their careers lol.

lol...jeff janis and DGB...hahahaha ok....both of those guys combined havent made half of the plays bryant has......that was ridiculous...after that comment i want you to say nothing

2 hours ago, Def. said:

Thought most people liked team players ahead of me players...do not even know why a comment like this was made.  :(

ur right ...most people do....because most people are average....most people played, at highest level, high school where you learned that the team came first and no one dared to question the coach or coaches because nobody cared who you were....bryant is an alpha ...and hes surrounded by alphas......then you have message boards where a bunch of betas pass judgement because they watch football once or twice a week on tv and misconstrue comments.....he wasnt bashing the team....he didnt even bash the coaches or anything like that......he just said if he wasnt going to me more involved he wanted to be moved....

i think some of you are forgetting the way bryant was talked about before his last suspension...some of the praise that was being heaped on his ability....hes not getting good opportunities and the types of opportunities hes getting seem to be predictable .......this is a guy that many in the game, or around the game, were talking up big time.....

Just now, BrockStaysHigh said:

K have fun on fantasy island bud lol.

im over here in reality...yer the one comparing bryant to jeff janis and DGB....neither of those combined have made the type of plays bryant has......i guess you havent watched much football.....this guy was being talked about as a game changer by those around the league......DGB was just talked about as a guy who might be able to get there one day....and janis? lol...jeff janis? ok.....

dude bryant was a budding star prior to his year suspension...big time.....neither janis or DGB even came close to getting the type of praise and hype bryant had accrued......i can find the article if i must...a former defensive lineman was saying how bryant might actually be the most talented guy out of him, AB and Bell.......the problem isnt just martavis....if it was i think even bryant himself would be able to recognize it...ive provided proof that theyve made his usage low percentage and predictable

i asked you to answer a question and see if you would agree with a previous statement i made...and you just went right by and never responded.....but of course you are still here yapping away ....

1 minute ago, forever in debt to mo lewis said:

im over here in reality...yer the one comparing bryant to jeff janis and DGB....neither of those combined have made the type of plays bryant has......i guess you havent watched much football.....this guy was being talked about as a game changer by those around the league......DGB was just talked about as a guy who might be able to get there one day....and janis? lol...jeff janis? ok.....

dude bryant was a budding star prior to his year suspension...big time.....neither janis or DGB even came close to getting the type of praise and hype bryant had accrued......i can find the article if i must...a former defensive lineman was saying how bryant might actually be the most talented guy out of him, AB and Bell.......the problem isnt just martavis....if it was i think even bryant himself would be able to recognize it...ive provided proof that theyve made his usage low percentage and predictable

i asked you to answer a question and see if you would agree with a previous statement i made...and you just went right by and never responded.....but of course you are still here yapping away ....

My answer was he does get oppurtunities just doesnt do squat with them. He was ascending but was  inconsistent n was never thought of as a star. Janis had a ridiculous catch in the playoffs that easily dwarfs anything bryant has ever accomplished in the NFL. I know Bryants a better player n he is talented but at some point we gotta see it on the field.

On 11/8/2017 at 10:10 AM, forever in debt to mo lewis said:

I don't think the steelers are "out to get him"....I just don't think they use him properly or give him the right opportunities....I never said they were out to get him or even really implied that......but 171 targets with 48 percent of them being go routes or quick hit screens suggest that they aren't giving him the right opportunity to succeed as a well rounded/all around receiver ...it also suggests they are relatively predictable with how they use him ....at least to me....would you agree?

this was the question i posed brock....would you agree with that statement or that its possible it could be true?

i never said he DIDNT get opportunities

10 minutes ago, BrockStaysHigh said:

My answer was he does get oppurtunities just doesnt do squat with them. He was ascending but was  inconsistent n was never thought of as a star. Janis had a ridiculous catch in the playoffs that easily dwarfs anything bryant has ever accomplished in the NFL. I know Bryants a better player n he is talented but at some point we gotta see it on the field.

i challenge you to put a jeff janis highlight reel against a bryant reel.....in fact bryant has a td catch in the playoffs thats prob better..if not at least as good

Edited by forever in debt to mo lewis

Just now, BrockStaysHigh said:

N i admitted byrant was the better player. But no way his catch would be better than janis' hail marry catch to force OT in the playoffs.

if bryant is the better player, and you admitted it, why did you compare bryant to janis?

imo janis catch was def more dramatic....by far....but by no means do i think it was a better catch...i mean...didnt richard rodgers make a hail mary catch? alot of guys have made them....it was clutch and dramatic...but im not sure it was a better catch....

1 minute ago, BrockStaysHigh said:

Cuz janis has made splash plays that lead u to think he could be a beast. Plus is 6"3 and ran a 4.3 forty. All the raw skills in the world but like bryant has been a disappointment. Martavis obviously has had a better career bit their similar in terms of being "on paper" beast n on field busts.

nobody, and i mean nobody, ever talked about janis or DGB the way they have talked about bryant and his ability......bryant def flashed it more than either of those two combined

"it is possible it could be true"

ok...so if you are going to indulge in my fantasy for a moment....dont u think bryant might have a gripe if what i said might be true? when yer getting worked by the jaguars ...score 9 points and you target AB 15 times and get picked off on 4 of those targets....when u score 17 on the road and lose to the bears(now i actually like the bears d and picked them up this week)....when ur in detroit and have 13 points until you hit a long, unlikely, play....dont u think he might have a point or a gripe? hes not going to come out and give trade secrets away...hes not going to come out and say "hey man these guys arent using me right...these guys dont know what they are doing...they run me on two routes basically and even then half the time the ball aint catchable...man i dunno wtf is up with ben" is he? prob wouldnt be a wise move.......he just might have been subtly trying to make a point without pointing fingers at haley and ben or whoever........its not a crime for an athlete to want to better....these guys are doing this for a living.....im willing to bet bryant is into this team as much as any of the other guys like AB and bell......but he also wants to shine and make a little money too...its just natural...if he didnt want that id be worried

Great points above.. something is telling me he's going to be involved today, that they will take this opportunity vs a seemingly weak secondary to try and get him rolling. My biggest hope is that they at least target him in the red zone where we've been really inefficient this year!