[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

McFadden waived by Cowboys

Montana is da Man

22 hours ago, BeeR said:

Not getting this.  Was he making much more than minimum i.e. not worth having even as a 3d string?  His did well for them mostly I thought.

He had a 900,000 salary for this year.

DMC hasn't done much for the Cowboys since 2015 (10 starts, played 16gms, 239 rush for 1089 yards 3 TD, 40rec 328yds 0TD), 2 starts in 3 games last year 114 combined yards.and 0TD, a whopping one rush for 2- yards this year.

From what I gather it was more a move for DMC then the team. He wanted to have a chance to get on with another team and play before he's too old to do so. He is finally fully healthy as his elbow was giving him problems early in the season which we were not aware of until now. They have decided to stick with Morris, Smith and Smith while bringing up the rookie to get more practice time with the team. Morris had made strides in pass protection and has been running pretty well so DMC was expendable. Only three more games until Zeke is back anyway which would have meant Zero playing time for sure. Not that it matters since he was inactive anyhow.

Good luck DMC.

14 hours ago, Cowboyz1 said:

From what I gather it was more a move for DMC then the team. He wanted to have a chance to get on with another team and play before he's too old to do so. He is finally fully healthy as his elbow was giving him problems early in the season which we were not aware of until now. They have decided to stick with Morris, Smith and Smith while bringing up the rookie to get more practice time with the team. Morris had made strides in pass protection and has been running pretty well so DMC was expendable. Only three more games until Zeke is back anyway which would have meant Zero playing time for sure. Not that it matters since he was inactive anyhow.

Good luck DMC.

That makes sense, though I didn't get the outrage over him being released in the first place. Guy was INACTIVE and not doing anything but running on the scout team.

I don't know that he is actually retiring for good. There is something fishy about this. Maybe his contract or signing with another team somehow works out better if he retires and then comes back for reinstatement. Not sure how it works but I can't believe he's retiring for good. He really wanted to play from what was hearing and this surprises me that he announced retiring rather then signing for another team that has either lost their starter or need some quality back up. Maybe his elbow is worse then any of us knew?

In any case. Thanks DMC for some good years and enjoyed watching you play in Oakland and Dallas. Good luck in life after football.

Edited by Cowboyz1

19 hours ago, Cowboyz1 said:

I don't know that he is actually retiring for good. There is something fishy about this. Maybe his contract or signing with another team somehow works out better if he retires and then comes back for reinstatement. Not sure how it works but I can't believe he's retiring for good. He really wanted to play from what was hearing and this surprises me that he announced retiring rather then signing for another team that has either lost their starter or need some quality back up. Maybe his elbow is worse then any of us knew?

In any case. Thanks DMC for some good years and enjoyed watching you play in Oakland and Dallas. Good luck in life after football.

Announcing you're retiring is different from filing the retirement paperwork with the NFL. Not sure how easy it is to unretire once you've done it, so if he is still thinking of playing he'd hold off on filing the paperwork. Didn't Favre retire several times but not file the paperwork?

Was just looking for info and came across articles talking about Romo not filing his paperwork (April) and how Cutler wasn't aware of that process at all (June).