[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Just me? Or does LUCK sound bored by Football?

boltnlava

It's preseason dude - we're all bored with football.  A bunch of televised practices primarily focusing on all the scrubs who won't get any playing time anyway.  It will never stop until people quit paying to go to these games, and that will never happen. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Shorttynaz said:

It's preseason dude - we're all bored with football.  A bunch of televised practices primarily focusing on all the scrubs who won't get any playing time anyway.  It will never stop until people quit paying to go to these games, and that will never happen. 

Won't happen since all NFL teams screw their season ticket holders forcing them to buy tickets to meaningless games that nobody wants to attend.

I do hope one day the NFL wises up, finds some way to make up whatever measly lost revenue is involved, and play 2 preseason games for each team, spread out somewhere in August. Let teams plan more scrimmages with other teams if their guys want to hit "somebody with another jersey" as I've heard them say. 

On 8/21/2018 at 9:58 AM, stevegrab said:

Won't happen since all NFL teams screw their season ticket holders forcing them to buy tickets to meaningless games that nobody wants to attend.

I do hope one day the NFL wises up, finds some way to make up whatever measly lost revenue is involved, and play 2 preseason games for each team, spread out somewhere in August. Let teams plan more scrimmages with other teams if their guys want to hit "somebody with another jersey" as I've heard them say. 

60,000 tickets x $80 is close to $5M per pre-season game.  Parking, concessions, souveniers - they aren't giving up any pre-season games without getting regular season games in return.

On 8/25/2018 at 9:49 PM, flemingd said:

60,000 tickets x $80 is close to $5M per pre-season game.  Parking, concessions, souveniers - they aren't giving up any pre-season games without getting regular season games in return.

$80 is the average ticket price? Didn't realize they were that much. Even so, that $5M really isn't a lot in the grand scheme of NFL TV revenue. I don't know what it will take to make it up, and it may include more regular season games. 

Green Bay Packers are publicly owned so financial information is available, according to a story I found  says 2017 revenue was over $450M.