[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Advice on 3 Waiver Transactions

Shorttynaz

Looking to make two, possibly three acquisitions this week..  Corey Davis & Nyheim Hines and/or Greg Olsen.   I need help in figuring out who to drop??

10-Team PPR 

I have $540 left out of an initial $750 FAAB$

QB:  D Watson;  P Rivers

RB:  M Gordon;  L Fournette;  J Howard;  A Ekeler

WR:  B Cooks;  W Fuller;  N Agholor;  J Gordon;  T Lockett;  M Williams

TE:  J Graham;  OJ Howard

PK:  Ficken

DEF:  Texans

Pickup Corey Davis and drop Mike Williams?   I was thinking $150 as that's what it will take - may not even be enough

Pickup Greg Olsen and drop OJ Howard?  I was thinking $35-$40 as most people don't want to roster dead space.  If that gets him, sweet!

Pickup Nyheim Hines and drop Mike Williams (in the event I don't get Davis).  Drop OJ Howard (if I don't get Olsen).  If I do get the other two, drop Agholor?  Wentz just does NOT look at Agholor - last year when Agholor was good it was Foles throwing to him.  This year when Agholor was productive, it was again Foles throwing to him.  

What would you do?  

I'd help you Shortty but you named a lot of players I don't follow closely.  I am not a huge fan of Agholor.  Not sure what to make of Lockett.  I am not sure on cost of Williams but he had virtually no yards and 3 measly targets last week so you may not need to spend as much.  In general I'd rather have the upside of Williams then someone like Agholor.  Lockett seems a bit more reliable with upside so I am not sure.  I'd have to look at Lockett's situation more closely.  If Williams has another big week coming up though he will be a hot commodity.  So if it's close my preference would be to take him.  I wouldn't spend too much though. 

Edited by purplemonster

Maybe I've just become accustomed to expecting disappointment but I wouldn't bother with Corey Davis.  If he was on KC, he'd probably be a stud.  The only reason he's producing is because we lost Walker.  Our offense is too thin to combat any decent defense once they adapt.  And if Buffalo craps the bed in their usual fashion this week you'll probably see Dion Lewis have a great day.  I hope I'm wrong but the TItans seem to have perfected mediocrity.  

23 minutes ago, 1fastdoc said:

Maybe I've just become accustomed to expecting disappointment but I wouldn't bother with Corey Davis.  If he was on KC, he'd probably be a stud.  The only reason he's producing is because we lost Walker.  Our offense is too thin to combat any decent defense once they adapt.  And if Buffalo craps the bed in their usual fashion this week you'll probably see Dion Lewis have a great day.  I hope I'm wrong but the TItans seem to have perfected mediocrity.  

They really have. They're 8 and 8 every year just like Jeff Fisher used to do with the Rams. Then I remembered how much different the Rams are now than they used to be with Fisher.....

I'll give the Titans credit though. They seem tough and competitive this year more so than previous

Edited by purplemonster

7 hours ago, Shorttynaz said:

Looking to make two, possibly three acquisitions this week..  Corey Davis & Nyheim Hines and/or Greg Olsen.   I need help in figuring out who to drop??

10-Team PPR 

I have $540 left out of an initial $750 FAAB$

QB:  D Watson;  P Rivers

RB:  M Gordon;  L Fournette;  J Howard;  A Ekeler

WR:  B Cooks;  W Fuller;  N Agholor;  J Gordon;  T Lockett;  M Williams

TE:  J Graham;  OJ Howard

PK:  Ficken

DEF:  Texans

Pickup Corey Davis and drop Mike Williams?   I was thinking $150 as that's what it will take - may not even be enough

Pickup Greg Olsen and drop OJ Howard?  I was thinking $35-$40 as most people don't want to roster dead space.  If that gets him, sweet!

Pickup Nyheim Hines and drop Mike Williams (in the event I don't get Davis).  Drop OJ Howard (if I don't get Olsen).  If I do get the other two, drop Agholor?  Wentz just does NOT look at Agholor - last year when Agholor was good it was Foles throwing to him.  This year when Agholor was productive, it was again Foles throwing to him.  

What would you do?  

I'm not sold on Davis.  Maybe if he had two good looking games I would believe the TEN offense actually turned the corner.

I agree with your statement on Agholor, he would be a drop candidate if you want Davis.  Alshon is back and looked great!  

Olsen injury is the same as last time.  Olsen was out for quite a long while and did not look good when returned.  OJ being out is shorter and more upside, but Winston does prefer Brate.  Wash.  I would hold OJ.

Locket is very inconsistent.  Baldwin did play and might still play, but not a 100% which lessens both.  Lockett is the other drop candidate.

I have and like MWilliams in 2nd half of the season (hold).

Agholor and Lockett for your drop candidates on whatever player you are targeting.

Also, Ficken was released in case you did not know already.