[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NFL/Las Vegas is considering eliminating fan attendance at the draft

League_Champion

Just came home from grocery shopping. People are panicking around here.

All four of my local grocery stores were out of toilet paper, paper towels, bottled water, diapers and other baby stuff, canned soup, canned vegetables, frozen pizzas and any lysol, clorox or purell cleaning products.

More than anything else, I'm worried about my parents who are both in the mid 70s. My dad has underlying health problems even though he gave up smoking 20  years ago. 

Edited by Wolverines Fan
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Agree, a lot of common sense would go a long way. It's not the Plague, if you get it your symptoms will likely be very mild. Most won't even know they have it. For the elderly it's another story. We are about 10 days behind Italy with this virus so it should really ramp up next week, peaking in about 2 weeks. Being a virus it will eventually weaken and burn itself out as all viruses do. If you are going to get it, hope that you get it in a few weeks when it's significantly weaker. We'll be back on our feet by June if all goes well, Godspeed. 

Hope you're right.

3 minutes ago, Wolverines Fan said:

Just came home from grocery shopping. People are panicking around here.

All four of my local grocery stores were out of toilet paper, paper towels, bottled water, diapers and other baby stuff, canned soup, canned vegetables, frozen pizzas and any lysol, clorox or purell cleaning products.

More than anything else, I'm worried about my parents who are both in the mid 70s. My dad has underlying health problems even though he gave up smoking 20  years ago. 

Same here, shelves are empty. I'm on the Coast of SC. We are used to shelves being empty during hurricane season but this has a different feel. I'm not sure what the TP panic is all about, but whatever. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, League_Champion said:

Same here, shelves are empty. I'm on the Coast of SC. We are used to shelves being empty during hurricane season but this has a different feel. I'm not sure what the TP panic is all about, but whatever. 

Supply chain.

Too little is manufactured domestically these days.  "Made in America" means 50.1% of the costs of production are encured in the states.  So if it cost 2.99 to import, but 3 bucks to package it, it can be labeled "made in America".  So, when the borders start closing,  products dont get in.  The next thing people are going to worry about is medications not made in the states, as people will die without them.  Another example of this is plasma bags used in hospitals,  until hurricane Maria hit Puerto Rico,  65% of them used in American hospitals came from Puerto Rico. Guess what happened to supply and demand in the 16 weeks after the hurricane 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, millworkguy said:

Supply chain.

Too little is manufactured domestically these days.  "Made in America" means 50.1% of the costs of production are encured in the states.  So if it cost 2.99 to import, but 3 bucks to package it, it can be labeled "made in America".  So, when the borders start closing,  products dont get in.  The next thing people are going to worry about is medications not made in the states, as people will die without them.  Another example of this is plasma bags used in hospitals,  until hurricane Maria hit Puerto Rico,  65% of them used in American hospitals came from Puerto Rico. Guess what happened to supply and demand in the 16 weeks after the hurricane 

Yes and no. It's impossible to produce enough of anything for 330 million people without a shortage. Right now you have 330 million people looking for the exact same things. How can you even produce, store, transport and get all that to market with the snap of a finger? You can't, people need to understand that this crap doesn't grow on trees. 

Unless something changes Sunday or Monday, it looks like the NFL is going forward with free agency.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/03/14/nfl-still-plans-to-start-free-agency-next-week/

9 hours ago, League_Champion said:

Yes and no. It's impossible to produce enough of anything for 330 million people without a shortage. Right now you have 330 million people looking for the exact same things. How can you even produce, store, transport and get all that to market with the snap of a finger? You can't, people need to understand that this crap doesn't grow on trees. 

Wrong, 

China produces enough of many items not only for their 1 billion population,  but also the usa, Canada and many parts of Europe. 

And "how can you even produce, grow...." is 18 words that mean what I said in 2 - supply chain 

Further more, at the moment 330 million people are not looking for the same thing,  that will occur  7-21 days from now when this actually hits all states.  We have gone from "this will be over by April" to "the next 8 weeks will be very important " in 7-10 days, and have yet to see this thing have a rebound effect yet.  There are some really smart and good people talking about it, and the infection curve and rates as they watched it happen.  Italy from what I hear had 3500 new cases today and that's a week after they introduced measures to curb it.  North America is on day 2

Edited by millworkguy

On 3/15/2020 at 2:03 PM, heehawks said:

Ha ha ha! I just don't get the toilet paper rush. I am so the beer rush guy...

Just simple panic shopping, we use toilet paper, we'd hate to be without it, so we hoard it. When this started I had about half a 12 pack of TP left at home, but I also had a 12 pack of 1ply I bought my mistake once that will serve as my emergency supply.

But I don't regularly use hand sanitizer, so I don't have any, and cannot find any now. Its in most places I need it, but cannot even carry it in my car if I need some. 

I'm headed to the grocery store today after work to get some things I need, might get some more beer, and next time I'm near the liquor store another bottle of whiskey. 

And this week we're having a test of employees working from home, half today and half tomorrow, in case we are forced to close our office.