[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Mike Evans done?

1fastdoc

6 hours ago, Finn5033 said:

He does fine when Godwin is out. When Godwin plays he is basically invisible 

You ain't lying, I just skimmed the game logs for the Bucs, Brady is averaging 30-35 passes a game, there's 10 to split between Godwin/Evens, when there's no Godwin there Evans gets them all, with Godwin he gets less than half of them, often more like one third. 

Imagine what it might be like when AB is ready to play, who gets fed? Gronk, Godwin, Evans, AB, Miller, Jones/Fournette, Brate

17 hours ago, stevegrab said:

You ain't lying, I just skimmed the game logs for the Bucs, Brady is averaging 30-35 passes a game, there's 10 to split between Godwin/Evens, when there's no Godwin there Evans gets them all, with Godwin he gets less than half of them, often more like one third. 

Imagine what it might be like when AB is ready to play, who gets fed? Gronk, Godwin, Evans, AB, Miller, Jones/Fournette, Brate

It'll be just like NE with White, Lewis, etc catching passes in addition to Gronk and the WR core.  I never rostered a NE player for that reason.  The only interest I hvae in Evans is my 14 yr old son and, as his father, I can't do that to him.

7 hours ago, LordOpie said:

Yup. Just famine

I hope I didn't screw up in taking Thomas.  It seems they're going to start running Evans out of the slot, watch him turn into elite super stud again.  I am very good at selling low. :rolleyes:

I get the frustration with Evans, and the increasing number of mouths to feed on the TB offense, but Thomas is a major risk right now, he isn't even back to regularly practicing and questionable for the game this week. Sure he's a great WR, plays on a potent offense, but these lingering injuries and his lack of production in week 1 are troubling. (Don't recall if he got injured in week 1 or was dealing with a nagging injury, but he was on the field for 80% of the snaps and had 5 targets, 3rec for 17 yards, compare that to what he was doing last year on a weekly basis (rarely under 10 targets or 50 yards, avg 11 targets, 9 rec, 100+ yards). 

I'm happy to have Davante Adams, but its mostly garbage behind him (Hilton, Chark, J Brown), so I'm no expert ;) 

1 hour ago, stevegrab said:

I get the frustration with Evans, and the increasing number of mouths to feed on the TB offense, but Thomas is a major risk right now, he isn't even back to regularly practicing and questionable for the game this week. Sure he's a great WR, plays on a potent offense, but these lingering injuries and his lack of production in week 1 are troubling. (Don't recall if he got injured in week 1 or was dealing with a nagging injury, but he was on the field for 80% of the snaps and had 5 targets, 3rec for 17 yards, compare that to what he was doing last year on a weekly basis (rarely under 10 targets or 50 yards, avg 11 targets, 9 rec, 100+ yards). 

I'm happy to have Davante Adams, but its mostly garbage behind him (Hilton, Chark, J Brown), so I'm no expert ;) 

I actually traded Thomas away for Thielen and then he had his major breakout.  The other guy is a former network sportscaster who knows his stuff.  I made the trade offer and was surprised he took it, which does make me nervous.  But he's in 3rd place and I'm in 9th.  And it's a dynasty league.  I'm hoping I made the right choice.  I just want a high floor player.

/tangent

45 minutes ago, 1fastdoc said:

I actually traded Thomas away for Thielen and then he had his major breakout.  The other guy is a former network sportscaster who knows his stuff.  I made the trade offer and was surprised he took it, which does make me nervous.  But he's in 3rd place and I'm in 9th.  And it's a dynasty league.  I'm hoping I made the right choice.  I just want a high floor player.

/tangent

Didn't realize it was a dynasty league, that makes a big difference. I have nothing against trading, I've added two key pieces to my roster thru trades in the last couple of years with Davante Adams and Russell Wilson without giving up a whole lot (both teams had lots of talent at those positions and like younger guys because its a keeper/dynasty). 

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/31/2020 at 8:52 PM, Henry Muto said:

Some were wondering if Julio Jones was done not too long ago this year.  People tend to over react to things.  Everyone is in the moment.

I believe I called this one.  Evans done ?  ya nope.  He isn't elite WR1 anymore but he is far from done.  Everyone tends to over react in the moment.

• 1 month later...
On 10/25/2020 at 10:29 PM, 1fastdoc said:

Now that Gronk is well integrated and Godwin is back to full speed, Evans' targets have plummeted. With Antonio coming, which was apparently all Brady, I wonder if Evans' snap count will fade to WR5 levels. 

Since Arians isn't a fan of AB, I'm guessing Evans won't be traded. Not sure what to do with him in my dynasty league. This whole situation sucks. 

uh not done

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Henry Muto said:

uh not done

Yeah, the guy that I traded him to won the league as a result.  And I'm in... 10th lol.  But, I got Thomas in the trade so I think I'll get the better end of the deal in 2021.