[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Yahoo has Josh Allen with an estimate of 7.73 pts

dougsul

41 minutes ago, dougsul said:

Yes my final is in week 17    Yahoo has Yahoo has Josh Allen with an estimate of just 7.73 pts.  Is there something I do  not know.  It seems to me Buffalo need to win the game to stay ahead of Pitts. 

Some think he won't play and be rested.  

ETA - I think he plays and is a top 5-10 QB play. 

Edited by irish

11 minutes ago, dougsul said:

If they lose and Pitts win they lose the number two seed and a potential home game in the second round.

Exactly, so they aren't gonna play around. 

10 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

Bills QB Matt Barkley is expected to play in Week 17 against the Dolphins. 

The report isn't all that surprising after the team refused this week to commit to playing its starters against Miami. It looks like the Bills want Josh Allen to break the team's single season passing yardage record -- he's only 40 yards away from doing so -- before yanking him for Barkley. Allen should be removed from DFS lineups, posthaste

They are playing for the #2 seed. It's a big deal 

7 minutes ago, dougsul said:

Well drew Brees it is, I have encouraged not to have the championship on week 17 for this reason, 

Yeah, a bunch of mystery around Allen today, he's active but how long will he play?  

So 200+ yards and 3 TDs wasn't that bad.

Regarding playing for the higher seed and the different philosophy between BUF & PIT, I think the Bills figured they would play their starters, and knowing that PIT had a tough game and was resting players made their chances at #2 seed higher. It also made sense for a young team without a lot of playoff experience nor an aging QB (like Ben) to keep going all out, especially if they could help their own chances and knock out a division rival. Not sure it would have been different if PIT was the team ahead of BUF either, this was more about the team and their chances in the playoffs. (Also not a big difference for Steelers to travel to BUF for a road playoff game, especially if there are few or no fans.)