[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cordarrelle Patterson's emergence is random

MTSuper7

How in the world does this random journeyman special teams type guy go from a gadget player to a must start type in fantasy? And he is a cheat code too - eligible as RB and WR in most leagues! Can you think of anything similar to this type of emergence late in someone's career? The only one I can think of is when Brandon Lloyd randomly had a 77-1448-11 line with Denver at 29 years old which almost doubled his best year career outputs across the board. 

It's all about timing.  He's always shown that he can do a lot of things, and he's on an offense without a true #1 WR (I still contend Ridley is better suited as a #2), no one to dominate carries, and there's gonna be the need to move the ball and score a lot of points with an average at best defense.  

He didn't really come out of nowhere and had some solid success earlier in his career both in return game and as that gadget WR who also carried the ball. He was an 1st team All-Pro in 2013, 16, and the last 2 seasons. He's averaged almost 30 yards per kick return over his career, led the league in average, longest and TDs quite a few times. In those all pro years he had some good rush/rec stats too.

I haven't seen the Falcons play a lot, but it could be a lack of talent at RB/WR that is giving him more opportunities than before. 

Or like darin3 just said ;) 

PS  he is on pace for a career year if he can keep it up, seems unlikely (rush 100-500-4 rec 80-1000-16). He's had a few seasons with over 1000 return yards, but is behind that pace.

I had the chance to trade Moss and Waddle to get him and Ruggs.  Passed on it and then I watch him behave like Devonta Freeman every week.  Fortunately for me the rest of the owner's team sucks besides Mahomes.