[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ya know whats more annoying than Covid and "O"?

FinishTheDrill

... a guy in your league who doesnt set up his lineup 2 weeks straight.   

Last week it benefitted the guy in 1st place who is locked in and also the commish, so it wasnt a big deal.  While I disagree, it had no bearing on me so I said "not cool" and moved on and left it at that.   

This week, if Mr Suddenly-a-NoShow wins, which he ABSOLUTELY can if he gets his lineup set, then I can make the playoffs provided I too win.  I am smashing it already this week and have a huge advantage over my opponent.  As close to a "sure win" as I have had this season.  

So yeah... 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, FinishTheDrill said:

Last week it benefitted the guy in 1st place who is locked in and also the commish, so it wasnt a big deal.  While I disagree, it had no bearing on me so I said "not cool" and moved on and left it at that.   

This week, if Mr Suddenly-a-NoShow wins, which he ABSOLUTELY can if he gets his lineup set, then I can make the playoffs provided I too win.  I am smashing it already this week and have a huge advantage over my opponent.  As close to a "sure win" as I have had this season.  

So yeah... 

Are they starting players who are out? Or just not the best players? 

We added a cash prize for weekly high score to help overcome some of the tanking that might go on, but I've seen teams including my own take a zero with a low scoring position (TE-K-D) on bye due to not wanting to make the roster move (nobody they want to drop, don't want pay the $2). 

8 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Are they starting players who are out? Or just not the best players? 

We added a cash prize for weekly high score to help overcome some of the tanking that might go on, but I've seen teams including my own take a zero with a low scoring position (TE-K-D) on bye due to not wanting to make the roster move (nobody they want to drop, don't want pay the $2). 

Both.  Just a mess.  Not deliberate.  

DamienHarris ("O") and N Hines (meh) in the lineup with AGibson (!!) Mixon, and LFournette (ok, maybe inj prob not) on the bench.  

MarvJJ in WR2 while Amari Cooper, McLauren, and Gallup on the bench.  1 guy in IR doesnt even qualify anymore, 1 on bnech does... its just a mess.

2 hours ago, FinishTheDrill said:

So yeah... 

This happened in my work league. It's still a nice buy in, so it's not about bragging rights.

3 weeks ago, the top 6 were pretty much settled. One team stopped. Kept Drake, Thielen, and D Smith in the lineup last week. Gifted a dude a bye, and I lost by less than 1.5 and then earned a match against this week's Herbert, Ekeler, and Kelce owner.

Would have had an easier path/matchup if that owner set weeks 12-14 lineups. Total horse crap.

6 hours ago, gilthorp said:

This happened in my work league. It's still a nice buy in, so it's not about bragging rights.

3 weeks ago, the top 6 were pretty much settled. One team stopped. Kept Drake, Thielen, and D Smith in the lineup last week. Gifted a dude a bye, and I lost by less than 1.5 and then earned a match against this week's Herbert, Ekeler, and Kelce owner.

Would have had an easier path/matchup if that owner set weeks 12-14 lineups. Total horse crap.

Its a work league as well. 

I called him and said hey man, whats going on you OK?  

He apologized, lots of stuff for night school and coaching and yada yada.  I told him get your priorities straight and get the lineup done!!

It;s rectified.  He may win, may not.  I will.   it'll come down to the season points tiebreaker, and I lose that unless my team goes off the charts this week.  Kelce is a good start.  So, there's a chance, howecver small. 

11 hours ago, purplemonster said:

You can remind him yourself. You can use some flattery, hey your team is good sorry about not making the playoffs, if you play your best lineup it would help me a lot. 

That's much better than my idea of what to say to him. It would probaby start with, hey dickhead....

The commish is supposed to police this and set the lineup if the GM fails to respond.

Edited by Dcat
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Dcat said:

That's much better than my idea of what to say to him. It would probaby start with, hey dickhead....

The commish is supposed to police this and set the lineup if the GM fails to respond.

The manager is a great guy.   He took care of it when i called.  

Commish left it last week too though.  That its the 2nd week in a row he didnt step in is suspect imo.   (maybe he did and didnt tell me? i dont htink so.) 

Its weird because the commish is very active, is in a bunch of leagues, and pretty much knows more about NFL than anyone I have ever met, and i figured he'd be on top of this sort of thing. 

Commish is in 2nd place too.  hmmm.

I'll do the league next year, not going to make any fuss about it, but I'll know to maybe take it less seriously.  I only did one ff league this year, the other was a much simpler suicide leagues (I won!).  Next year I'll look around for another league, and keep this one as the 'fun work league".