[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Early keeper question

Finn5033

In my 10 team ppr  league we are allowed to keep a player one more season for free as long as he wasn’t a keeper from the year before or a 1st round pick from the year before. And we can keep a rookie for one more season but we lose the pick that we used on that player. I won this league last year and have some great options I think to start this year off.

option 1 - I drafted N. Harris in the second round so I could keep him for free. If I only keep him

Option 2. I can keep Fournette for free and keep Harris and it would cost me my 2nd rd pick

Option 3. I stashed Etienne on my roster in an IR spot all year so I could keep Etienne for free and Harris for my 2nd rd pick.

Harris for free by himself is big value obviously. I am intrigued by what Etienne could be this year especially in PPR and Fournette was quite good last year too. I can play 3 RB weekly and I did all last year and it won me the league. any thoughts are appreciated 

13 hours ago, legend_maker_0000 said:

I'd go option 2 as well. It's the known quantities. Etienne could be great or the new regime could fail to see his value. Preseason will give you a better idea on that.

Good reason to have your fantasy draft as late as possible and declaration of keepers as well (we draft on day after Labor Day, keeper due one week before that). 

• 5 months later...

Update on this if anyone cares. I decided to keep Just Najee Harris for free so I didn’t lose any draft picks. I had the 8th pick and ended up getting CD Lamb with my 2nd rd pick which I would have lost for Keeping Harris and Fournette. 

Kupp, Chase, Adams, Deebo, Mclauren, Evans, AJ Brown, and Tyreek Hill we’re all kept. So the first 7 picks were all RBs and Justin Jefferson. So I went Diggs 1.08 and CD at 2.03