[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2022 league schedule proposals - please VOTE

Trojanmojo

2022 League Schedule Rule Change Proposals - please VOTE  

12 members have voted

1. 1. What would you prefer for 2022 with regard to our schedule?

With the move to a 15 week regular season schedule I propose we do one of the following with week 8.

Option A. Make week 8 an all play week where you compete against your league’s / ship’s average score. If you outscore the average league score you get a win. If not, you take a loss. 

Option B. Battle of the Boats. Every team in Th’ Dutchman squares off against a team in Th’ Pearl. Winners in winning league (according to overall league week 8 h2h record) get +$100 added to their Free agent bidding balance. Losers in losing league have $100 deducted from their Free agent bidding balance.

Option B.2. Includes option B plus we’d add $5 to the league fee to go to $70 then we’d have payouts to the winning teams in the winning ship / league of $80 divided up between the winning teams. Losing teams get no booty. 

Option C. Stick to our 14 week schedule and change nothing.
Edited by Trojanmojo

Sounds like each team on the Dutchman will play a team on the Pearl.  Based upon h2h record will determine the winning league.  Winning league (or boat Dutchman or Pearl) gets $100 added to free agent bids per members of each team on that winning boat while the losing league or boat loses $100.  This is how I am understand the option.  Also in + part of B,  the extra $5 per team added to the fees  would be distributed to the winning teams of said winning ship.

Edited by devilwoman

14 minutes ago, devilwoman said:

Sounds like each team on the Dutchman will play a team on the Pearl.  Based upon h2h record will determine the winning league.  Winning league (or boat Dutchman or Pearl) gets $100 added to free agent bids per members of each team on that winning boat while the losing league or boat loses $100.  This is how I am understand the option.  Also in + part of B,  the extra $5 per team added to the fees  would be distributed to the winning teams of said winning ship.

Correct.

6 hours ago, Gullydog said:

In option B, What happens if week 8 records are 4-4 for each league?  nothing

We’d go with a tie-breaker - most cumulative points scored.

I also think if we go the way of B or B.2, the matchup seedlings should be 1v8, 2v7, 3v6, 4v5 OR 1v1, 2v2, 3v3 etc. If B passes we can vote on what we prefer there also.

JMO, but I think 1v1, 2v2 etc.....more competitive...than a 1v8 match up...it's going to be weird and awesome at the same time as these teams will possibly have the same players going h2h.

Edited by devilwoman

On 7/11/2022 at 8:32 AM, devilwoman said:

JMO, but I think 1v1, 2v2 etc.....more competitive...than a 1v8 match up...it's going to be weird and awesome at the same time as these teams will possibly have the same players going h2h.

agree

On 7/11/2022 at 8:32 AM, devilwoman said:

Agree w/ this wench

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Iris said:

I like B2. I'd rather see the booty than have it in auction budget

Make sure to vote. I don’t see your actual vote though it seems you prefer B2.

On 8/2/2022 at 12:26 PM, Trojanmojo said:

Make sure to vote. I don’t see your actual vote though it seems you prefer B2.

Whoops sorry totally skimmed past that. Assumed this was the vote and was impressed you were keeping track like this haha

22 minutes ago, Iris said:

Whoops sorry totally skimmed past that. Assumed this was the vote and was impressed you were keeping track like this haha

Got it. Thanks!

On 7/25/2022 at 4:56 PM, McLucksack said:

I voted option B but I’m fine with B2 as well. Just thought $10 payouts would add to your workload Dave.

All good. The hardest part of commish stuff is getting league dues in. The rest is relatively easy. This league is quite fun to commish due to all the quirks. It’s a little extra work but it’s fun work.

At this point it appears we’re moving ahead with the battle of the boats in week 8. I suggest we implement option B this year and Option B.2 next year given that 14 of you have already paid $65 for 2022. 

Matchups for week 8 will be 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, 4v4, 5v5, 6v6, 7v7 and 8v8. 

Edited by Trojanmojo