[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Will I get 38.66

8rattoon

I'm not feeling great. I need another Lions game from those 3.

I was a 19 pt favorite before the week started. My opponent scored 8 fewer pts than his projection...and I'm still projected to lose. That's how terribly my team did, including Lamar Bust Jackson.

On 10/24/2022 at 8:52 AM, 8rattoon said:

I'm not feeling great. I need another Lions game from those 3.

I was a 19 pt favorite before the week started. My opponent scored 8 fewer pts than his projection...and I'm still projected to lose. That's how terribly my team did, including Lamar Bust Jackson.

It was pretty clear from the beginning of the game that Harbaugh wanted to protect Lamar. They ran the ball 44 times, and only threw 16 passes. Lamar had 10 rushes, but more of those were desperate scrambles than designed runs. They saw the Browns could be run on, and decided that was enough (it almost wasn't, Browns got jobbed on a potential 55yd tying FG try). 

Just now, stevegrab said:

It was pretty clear from the beginning of the game that Harbaugh wanted to protect Lamar. They ran the ball 44 times, and only threw 16 passes. Lamar had 10 rushes, but more of those were desperate scrambles than designed runs. They saw the Browns could be run on, and decided that was enough (it almost wasn't, Browns got jobbed on a potential 55yd tying FG try). 

Yes. Such a great athlete but an average real-life QB who is not being used to his strengths. I had him last year as well, and this season is following the same trajectory. He's had two great games among a larger group of clunkers, which is pretty much where he was at this point last season.

5 hours ago, stevegrab said:

The ravens game plan doesn't seem to really exploit the full potential of Lamar Jackson on a weekly basis. This is why I feel he is going to walk once the season is over, but that is another story altogether, The Harbaugh game plan has always seemed to be run the ball first which could benefit Jackson as he is one of the most prolific running QB's in the league. The thing is Harbaugh also as you stated seems to want to protect Lamar. With players like Gus and Drake and even Justice Hill, Lamar still is the player in the backfield that has the most explosive potential to break a run though he doesn't seem to get that chance often unless it is through the process of elimination.

Fast forward to the passing game which is pretty much non existent in the Ravens offense. Other than Mark Andrews there really isn't much of a passing threat for Lamar to throw to on a consistent basis. With Bateman not being consistent at all yet, the Ravens don't have really much of a passing attack. 

Looking for help for Lamar. As the trade deadline approached here in Baltimore there has been talk about getting a WR like Brandin Cooks, Jerry Jeudy, DJ Moore, or Jakobi Meyers. All these players would be a help for Lamar in the passing game. What the Ravens will most likely end up doing if they make a trade deadline deal is trade for a defensive rusher like Bradley Chubb which will help the team, but not the offense and Lamar. 

I would not be surprised at all that this will be the last season that Lamar Jackson will be playing in a Ravens uniform as they have not utilized him in the correct way, nor have they given him the offensive players to work with. 

34 minutes ago, Holy Tuck said:

The ravens game plan doesn't seem to really exploit the full potential of Lamar Jackson on a weekly basis. This is why I feel he is going to walk once the season is over, but that is another story altogether, The Harbaugh game plan has always seemed to be run the ball first which could benefit Jackson as he is one of the most prolific running QB's in the league. The thing is Harbaugh also as you stated seems to want to protect Lamar. With players like Gus and Drake and even Justice Hill, Lamar still is the player in the backfield that has the most explosive potential to break a run though he doesn't seem to get that chance often unless it is through the process of elimination.

Fast forward to the passing game which is pretty much non existent in the Ravens offense. Other than Mark Andrews there really isn't much of a passing threat for Lamar to throw to on a consistent basis. With Bateman not being consistent at all yet, the Ravens don't have really much of a passing attack. 

Looking for help for Lamar. As the trade deadline approached here in Baltimore there has been talk about getting a WR like Brandin Cooks, Jerry Jeudy, DJ Moore, or Jakobi Meyers. All these players would be a help for Lamar in the passing game. What the Ravens will most likely end up doing if they make a trade deadline deal is trade for a defensive rusher like Bradley Chubb which will help the team, but not the offense and Lamar. 

I would not be surprised at all that this will be the last season that Lamar Jackson will be playing in a Ravens uniform as they have not utilized him in the correct way, nor have they given him the offensive players to work with. 

My comment on protecting Lamar related to his hip injury and not wanting to get him hurt further. These running QBs like Lamar and Murray are going to find out before long that they won't last in the NFL, players are bigger and faster and you're going to get clobbered a lot. The team's would be smart to protect their major investments, since you want the guy around long term (not like college where they're gone after 2 maybe 3 seasons). 

I remember his rookie year, he was a great runner, but a horrible QB otherwise. Then his 2nd year he looked a lot better, then he's regressed including his rushing numbers. 

5 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

My comment on protecting Lamar related to his hip injury and not wanting to get him hurt further. These running QBs like Lamar and Murray are going to find out before long that they won't last in the NFL, players are bigger and faster and you're going to get clobbered a lot. The team's would be smart to protect their major investments, since you want the guy around long term (not like college where they're gone after 2 maybe 3 seasons). 

I remember his rookie year, he was a great runner, but a horrible QB otherwise. Then his 2nd year he looked a lot better, then he's regressed including his rushing numbers. 

I do believe Lamar would be a much better passing QB if he had more options other than his #1 target being every year his TE in Mark Andrews. That is not going to cut it. I also imagine that has to frustrate Lamar a bit because he is not able to maximize his potential in his passing game. 

I also agree that his running game since his inception in the league and you are spot on that it is wear and tear of getting hit over and over. 

I do feel if he is given the pieces around him that he can maximize his potential, but one WR's don't want to come to the Ravens as they know the game plan is a run first game plan and the organization always seems to go down another route.