[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jacobs trade?

keeks

8 hours ago, jimmajamma said:

Depends on the needs of who you are trading with. Shoot your shot. If someone has a RB need could definitely see them parting with a top-ish WR.

Pittman has practically no value right now so not much of a value add.

Agree, it all depends on other teams needs and if they even want Jacobs. I think we've seen the best of Jacobs this season. 

42 minutes ago, Montana is da Man said:

We would need to see your roster and the roster of the team you're trying to trade with

I'm stacked at running back but I was kinda more just wondering like who does jacobs compare with? Without seeing rosters or anything.  Like is he worth like an AJ brown.. or a tyler boyd.. Ik that's a hard question I guess lol maybe a better way to put it is who would you give up for Jacob's? 

6 minutes ago, keeks said:

I'm stacked at running back but I was kinda more just wondering like who does jacobs compare with? Without seeing rosters or anything.  Like is he worth like an AJ brown.. or a tyler boyd.. Ik that's a hard question I guess lol maybe a better way to put it is who would you give up for Jacob's? 

Depends on the other teams roster.  For me, I'm not trading my wr1 for jacobs.  But I might trade my wr2 depending on who it is

24 minutes ago, keeks said:

Jacobs has struggled the last couple weeks so his value isn't what it was. I would think you could still get a low - Mid end WR1. I would start high with an AJ Brown, CeeDee type etc. If you can afford to sit on him go for Chase. Find the team that really needs a RB 

1 hour ago, League_Champion said:

Jacobs has struggled the last couple weeks so his value isn't what it was. I would think you could still get a low - Mid end WR1. I would start high with an AJ Brown, CeeDee type etc. If you can afford to sit on him go for Chase. Find the team that really needs a RB 

Yeah there's a ton of teams with weak weak running backs and I have cmc, ETN, Jacob's, pollard and foreman. Been trying to trade foreman for like tyler boyd, Kirk, st. Brown, tee Higgins, juju and palmer.. no one did it before the Thursday game. Idk why cuz foreman has been a beast! His only bad game was because of game script

4 minutes ago, keeks said:

Yeah there's a ton of teams with weak weak running backs and I have cmc, ETN, Jacob's, pollard and foreman. Been trying to trade foreman for like tyler boyd, Kirk, st. Brown, tee Higgins, juju and palmer.. no one did it before the Thursday game. Idk why cuz foreman has been a beast! His only bad game was because of game script

Yeah, definitely dont sell yourself short, Foreman's value is solid, even playing for a crap team.

40 minutes ago, Montana is da Man said:

Now is the time to offload foreman, he doesn't play the Falcons anymore this season

That's a bit odd to say, as outside of one non productive outing (mostly due to game script), this guy has been really good since CMC'S departure. 

I agree that selling high on him is a possibility, but personally I'd want to keep him around. 

Edited by Running With Daboll

19 minutes ago, Running With Daboll said:

That's a bit odd to say, as outside of one non productive outing (mostly due to game script), this guy has been really good since CMC'S departure. 

I agree that selling high on him is a possibility, but personally I'd want to keep him around. 

Good against Tampa

Good against ATL

Not good @ Cincy

Good @ Atl

So good 3 out-of 4 against 3 bad defenses and not good against Cincy

I'm not convinced it's all him and not just half him and half bad defenses

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Montana is da Man said:

Good against Tampa

Good against ATL

Not good @ Cincy

Good @ Atl

So good 3 out-of 4 against 3 bad defenses and not good against Cincy

I'm not convinced it's all him and not just half him and half bad defenses

Well, from what I can see he's making the most of his opportunity, and I wish he was on my roster. 

His ROS schedule is a mix of good, bad, and in between defenses. So, if I owned him, I'd probably keep him. 

But that's just me. 

12 minutes ago, Running With Daboll said:

Well, from what I can see he's making the most of his opportunity, and I wish he was on my roster. 

His ROS schedule is a mix of good, bad, and in between defenses. So, if I owned him, I'd probably keep him. 

But that's just me. 

All depends on your situation.   In this guys situation,  he has 5 decent rbs or better.  As the hot hand, I'd look to.moce foreman for an upgrade at wr.  I'd sell him high.  Just my opinion 

3 minutes ago, Montana is da Man said:

All depends on your situation.   In this guys situation,  he has 5 decent rbs or better.  As the hot hand, I'd look to.moce foreman for an upgrade at wr.  I'd sell him high.  Just my opinion 

You recently said that Jacobs wasn't a sure thing, and Pollard is still splitting with Zeke at best.

So, he really has 2 set and forget RB'S on his roster right now...CMC and ETN.

Foreman, to me, is a solid Flex play every week.  The volume will be there, and they are clearly a run first team.

7 minutes ago, Running With Daboll said:

You recently said that Jacobs wasn't a sure thing, and Pollard is still splitting with Zeke at best.

So, he really has 2 set and forget RB'S on his roster right now...CMC and ETN.

Foreman, to me, is a solid Flex play every week.  The volume will be there, and they are clearly a run first team.

Jacobs is not a sure thing but he is getting the touches for the raiders backfield.   If the panthers go with the hot hand each week, we could see more Hubbard.  The split was close early on Thursday until foreman broke a long run.  

Foreman to me is his 4th rb, especially in ppr leagues.  But as the hot hand can get a nice return right now.  I have Foreman on several rosters snd wish inhad your confidence.  We can agree to disagree

Jacobs is not a sure thing but he is getting the touches for the raiders backfield.   If the panthers go with the hot hand each week, we could see more Hubbard.  The split was close early on Thursday until foreman broke a long run.  

Foreman to me is his 4th rb, especially in ppr leagues.  But as the hot hand can get a nice return right now.  I have Foreman on several rosters snd wish inhad your confidence.  We can agree to disagree

As I previously mentioned, I wish I had your problem, I think the guy is for real.

The split between Foreman and Hubbard was 31 to 6, so I think the Panthers have sent a message.  Besides, I think they already know what Hubbard brings to the table, so I'd be surprised if he becomes anything more than a change of pace RB.

Anyway, I don't  know your roster, but don't give him away for nothing if you decide to let go of him.

I wish anyone in my league traded but they don't, they always think the person who offers the trade knows some kind of inside info they don't 

Sounds like any rule change that is proposed in my league, people always think the team proposing it will somehow benefit from it more than them. Or they just don't want change, so they're usually against it. 

Trading is always hard, most leagues will have a handful of teams that are involved in the bulk of trades, I know its that way in our league. 

As for the original question, I think Jacobs is a top 6-8 RB and worth a decent return. But unless you're trading with a team stacked at WR them trading for Jacobs and sending one of their best WR back to you may not improve their roster, just shuffle points from one position to another. 

2 hours ago, Montana is da Man said:

I think foreman is my 5th running back and it's hard to sit him! But how are you gonna play him over cmc, ETN or even Jacob's and pollard... that's why I wanna trade one of these guys for a decent receiver but no one is pulling the trigger. My receivers are tyreek, godwin, pittman and wan'dale so I'm really trying to upgrade for one of my backs! I don't even need anyone crazy,  just someone straight. I offered some really good traded for receivers and they're still not doing it so idk. And one reason i really like foreman is cuz he's a volume king! And that's key for a nice consistent running back

14 minutes ago, keeks said:

I think foreman is my 5th running back and it's hard to sit him! But how are you gonna play him over cmc, ETN or even Jacob's and pollard... that's why I wanna trade one of these guys for a decent receiver but no one is pulling the trigger. My receivers are tyreek, godwin, pittman and wan'dale so I'm really trying to upgrade for one of my backs! I don't even need anyone crazy,  just someone straight. I offered some really good traded for receivers and they're still not doing it so idk. And one reason i really like foreman is cuz he's a volume king! And that's key for a nice consistent running back

Nobody would start Foreman over CMC or ETN, those guys are weekly locks.  But personally I wouldn't have any difficulty starting him over the likes of Pollard and/or Jacobs, especially if the match up is there.

For me it comes down to how important is a guy to his team.  Foreman is the clear lead RB on an offense that is built around running the ball.  Pollard is in a time share, and Dallas also has many other directions to go with the football.  Jacobs can occasionally go off, but I don't trust him enough to start consistently in a Flex spot.  Again, this is where the match up and game script come into play.

2 hours ago, Running With Daboll said:

Nobody would start Foreman over CMC or ETN, those guys are weekly locks.  But personally I wouldn't have any difficulty starting him over the likes of Pollard and/or Jacobs, especially if the match up is there.

For me it comes down to how important is a guy to his team.  Foreman is the clear lead RB on an offense that is built around running the ball.  Pollard is in a time share, and Dallas also has many other directions to go with the football.  Jacobs can occasionally go off, but I don't trust him enough to start consistently in a Flex spot.  Again, this is where the match up and game script come into play.

Don't you think Jacob's is most guys RB1 or RB2?? He's had two semi quiet games but he is definitely the bell cow there and gets a ton of volume. Would you play him or pollard this week?

4 minutes ago, keeks said:

Don't you think Jacob's is most guys RB1 or RB2?? He's had two semi quiet games but he is definitely the bell cow there and gets a ton of volume. Would you play him or pollard this week?

So I'm guessing you missed out on Foreman's big game on Thursday?

This week I'd start Jacobs over Pollard.