[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Roquan who?

rajncajn

I've been eyeing Sanborn since his performance in the preseason and had planned on stashing him on my DTS before the season was out thinking that he would never start over Roquan, but might hold some value down the road. Well, I was right in regards of not starting over Roquan. When Roquan got traded I threw a relatively high bid on him, but nobody else did so I was left wondering if it was just me that saw a potential starter. Last weeks production was nice, but after today I'm wondering now if I've just nabbed the next Schobert.

I bid $4 on him and put on the TS. I don't know who else tried. $4 seemed right.

He is not fast, but pretty instinctual. We just have to hope he shows them enough that he wins the job next year. I could sure use his points today, but I am once again too far out of it to have one player make a difference.

4 hours ago, gilthorp said:

I bid $4 on him and put on the TS. I don't know who else tried. $4 seemed right.

He is not fast, but pretty instinctual. We just have to hope he shows them enough that he wins the job next year. I could sure use his points today, but I am once again too far out of it to have one player make a difference.

I bid $5 on him and nobody else bid. :bash:

Right now he's sitting on my taxi squad, but I'm likely going to promote him soon because I really need another starter at the position.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/13/2022 at 9:31 PM, rajncajn said:

I've been eyeing Sanborn since his performance in the preseason and had planned on stashing him on my DTS before the season was out thinking that he would never start over Roquan, but might hold some value down the road. Well, I was right in regards of not starting over Roquan. When Roquan got traded I threw a relatively high bid on him, but nobody else did so I was left wondering if it was just me that saw a potential starter. Last weeks production was nice, but after today I'm wondering now if I've just nabbed the next Schobert.

I bid on him too there handsome  You just outbid me 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Henry, it looks like Sanborn will start in the SAM role, and his fantasy output will be severely diminished. He'll still be roster worthy, but nothing like we saw with him after the Smith trade. It's painful to write, but only injuries will bring his value up. The real fantasy winner is TJ, who has that Briggs capability. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/6/2023 at 9:26 AM, gilthorp said:

Henry, it looks like Sanborn will start in the SAM role, and his fantasy output will be severely diminished. He'll still be roster worthy, but nothing like we saw with him after the Smith trade. It's painful to write, but only injuries will bring his value up. The real fantasy winner is TJ, who has that Briggs capability. 

Such a shame too. I think long term he'll end up a starting mike. If not with Chicago, then somewhere else. I'm not totally sold on the longevity of TJ Edwards in Chicago though. I have stock in him in the same league I have Sanborn, but I just don't see him as productive there as he was in Philly, especially given he's got Edmunds playing WLB. I feel like Edmunds is going to end up the big IDP grab with TJ being low-end starter material.