[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bench Barkley?

8rattoon

2 hours ago, Running With Daboll said:

The gimme TD prevented a bust day, now let's see what Stevenson does, he was my choice over Saquan, per your original question.

I never said anything about starting Singletary. 

Well, he just surpassed Barkley...so Stevenson was the better play over Barkley.

Time will tell if Barkley will outscore Najee. I hope he does!

9 hours ago, 8rattoon said:

Yeah, not a terrible day, but as you pointed out/anticipated, I'm more concerned about his production moving forward. His overall lack of usage today was disappointing 

Hoping Dre blows the doors off the dome tonight.

Isn't it strange that even this coaching staff has a hard time getting 26 going? It just seems that there are certain times when Barkley won't be effective at all no matter what, and I just don't understand that for a player of his caliber.

Frustrating as hell.

7 hours ago, 8rattoon said:

Well, he just surpassed Barkley...so Stevenson was the better play over Barkley.

Time will tell if Barkley will outscore Najee. I hope he does!

I never hope for dudes to get injured to help my fantasy chances, but Harris leaving the game definitely gave Stevenson a boost. 

Here's another head scratcher to me. Dre is clearly the more effective and dynamic RB, but even though Belichick realizes that and praises him (rare for Bill), he still insists on giving Harris nearly an equal split.

I certainly get working Harris in to spell Stevenson, but not nearly as much as he does. It should be a 70/30 split at the most, but it's more like 60/40, or even 55/45.

Anyway, with Harris's new injury, Stevenson will once again be a bigger force moving forward, even though he was still putting up good numbers with Harris out there.

10 hours ago, 8rattoon said:

Yeah, not a terrible day, but as you pointed out/anticipated, I'm more concerned about his production moving forward. His overall lack of usage today was disappointing 

Hoping Dre blows the doors off the dome tonight.

On a side note...

The Giants hung in there for 3 quarters, longer than I expected with all the injuries. Daboll coached them up for this one, as opposed to the dud against the Lions.

We have a lot to look forward to with this team beyond this season. Once we get a QB to "really" push and challenge Jones, then the pieces should start to fit.

Still too many holes to fill outside of the QB position to be a true contender yet, but I expect that those holes will get filled much sooner than later, and I'm very confident that this FO and coaching staff will give us a very competitive team for years to come. 

I'm thinking this season will end with somewhere around 8, 9 or 10 wins. That won't be great for the QB sweepstakes in the upcoming draft, but I have faith they will make the right moves to find us one that could work.

Edited by Running With Daboll

1 hour ago, Running With Daboll said:

. That won't be great for the QB sweepstakes in the upcoming draft, but I have faith they will make the right moves to find us one that could work.

Fortunately the Giants still have 2 more years of control so Dimes will be back starting for at least one more season. QBs rarely hit the free agent market, at least half decent ones. They could bring in Jimmy G but is that really an upgrade? The Giants are in QB purgatory, they have a good QB who's not good enough, if that makes sense. There will be a crap ton of decent young QBs in next year's draft but no one who could step right in for a contender. It should be a very interesting off season for the Giants. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, League_Champion said:

Fortunately the Giants still have 2 more years of control so Dimes will be back starting for at least one more season. QBs rarely hit the free agent market, at least half decent ones. They could bring in Jimmy G but is that really an upgrade? The Giants are in QB purgatory, they have a good QB who's not good enough, if that makes sense. There will be a crap ton of decent young QBs in next year's draft but no one who could step right in for a contender. It should be a very interesting off season for the Giants. 

Well said, and no, no real interest in Jimmy G., I want a fresh face.

Jones would be perfect as a bridge to our next QB, but he might skip town if the Giants offer him a 1 or 2 year deal, which is all I want them to offer.

I do think some teams will be interested in him, but that remains to be seen. 

Well, another season, another 2 losses to the Cowboys. I'm really sick of this chit.

Edited by Running With Daboll

On 11/23/2022 at 3:28 PM, Running With Daboll said:

I might prefer Stevenson to 26 this week. Great match up, and he catches a bunch of balls.

Hard to sit 26, but we both know that he can disappear when the circumstances aren't right.

On 11/23/2022 at 4:07 PM, The Badfinger said:

And any NE RB can disappear in the middle of a game for a multitude of reasons even when things are going well.  A drop, fumble, wrong route, or missed block and take a seat.