[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bench Barkley?

8rattoon

6 minutes ago, sonicaudio said:

agree with the potential game script here but doesn't he catch a good amount of passes to warrant keeping him in the lineup, especially in PPR leagues? I have him, so extra curious about this.

He actually doesn't catch a lot of passes. He had some games earlier in the season in which he got a handful of looks but that has dwindled recently.

37 minutes ago, Running With Daboll said:

I might prefer Stevenson to 26 this week. Great match up, and he catches a bunch of balls.

Hard to sit 26, but we both know that he can disappear when the circumstances aren't right.

And any NE RB can disappear in the middle of a game for a multitude of reasons even when things are going well.  A drop, fumble, wrong route, or missed block and take a seat.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, The Badfinger said:

And any NE RB can disappear in the middle of a game for a multitude of reasons even when things are going well.  A drop, fumble, wrong route, or missed block and take a seat.

Wow, that's sure a lot of conjecture on your part.  Funny, but what I've been seeing for many weeks now, is a guy that has clearly established his place in the Patriots game plan.

I think you're basing your opinion on past seasons, which I can understand.  But this is a new year, and Stevenson is obviously a guy that Bill B. feels very comfortable riding.

When you factor in the match up, his many passing targets, and the .5 ppr league that 8rattoon plays in, I'd say that Stevenson is a very solid play this week.

Barkley is obviously a better athlete and more explosive RB, and I love the guy. But being an "objective" Giant fan, I can honestly say that it wouldn't surprise me if he lays another egg, especially against that defense.

I'm assuming you answered his question by attacking my response.  Perhaps you can respond directly to the original poster in the future.  Just a suggestion. 

Edited by Running With Daboll

2 hours ago, Running With Daboll said:

Wow, that's sure a lot of conjecture on your part.  Funny, but what I've been seeing for many weeks now, is a guy that has clearly established his place in the Patriots game plan.

I think you're basing your opinion on past seasons, which I can understand.  But this is a new year, and Stevenson is obviously a guy that Bill B. feels very comfortable riding.

When you factor in the match up, his many passing targets, and the .5 ppr league that 8rattoon plays in, I'd say that Stevenson is a very solid play this week.

Barkley is obviously a better athlete and more explosive RB, and I love the guy. But being an "objective" Giant fan, I can honestly say that it wouldn't surprise me if he lays another egg, especially against that defense.

I'm assuming you answered his question by attacking my response.  Perhaps you can respond directly to the original poster in the future.  Just a suggestion. 

My issue with Stevenson is Harris. Harris looked much better with his touches than Rhamondre did last week. Love Stevenson amd there's a good chance he'll be my keeper next year but his backfield counterpart is no slouch. 

I'm actually thinking about going with Barkley, Wilson Jr and Najee this week.

We'll see how many times I switch them back and forth before the game tomorrow!

9 hours ago, 8rattoon said:

My issue with Stevenson is Harris. Harris looked much better with his touches than Rhamondre did last week. Love Stevenson amd there's a good chance he'll be my keeper next year but his backfield counterpart is no slouch. 

I'm actually thinking about going with Barkley, Wilson Jr and Najee this week.

We'll see how many times I switch them back and forth before the game tomorrow!

I get it, it's hard to bench Saquan.  But as much as I would love to see him go for 150/2 today, I just don't see it manifesting.  You pointed out the issues with the O line, and the Giants will more than likely be playing from behind all day, forcing Jones to throw to several no name WR's.  Like you said, this could get ugly fast.

I'd be more optimistic if it weren't for all the injuries, and the fact that they came out flat against the Lions, but I think our little run has run out of steam.  Daboll has done a great job to this point of extracting as much as he could with what little he has to work with, but following that loss to the Lions, I think we are in for a rough second half of the season.  I still think they will play hard and compete, but their glaring weaknesses are starting to affect them more than earlier in the season, and we are bound to see the L's start to pile up.

With all the division opponents lining up to play the Giants, I don't think there's any way they allow Saquan to beat them.  They know that he is essentially all the Giants have at this point.  Stop him, you stop the Giants.

Anyway, I've had my say, and I hope Saquan proves me wrong.  I'll happily admit my mistake if he does.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, gijoerock said:

If it's a winless game why risk getting your only asset hurt. Also, if the game get's out of hand I see Daboll pulling Barkley in the 3rd or beginning of the 4th quarter.

Yep. Exactly what I worry about.

On the other hand, Barkley tends to have decent games against the Cowboys.

8 minutes ago, gijoerock said:

If it's a winless game why risk getting your only asset hurt. Also, if the game get's out of hand I see Daboll pulling Barkley in the 3rd or beginning of the 4th quarter.

I don't see 26 getting pulled, unless it's a complete blowout, and it's late in the 4th quarter. 

The Giants are going to fight hard to the end, and 26 will be on the field for most of it. I just don't think his effectiveness will be there with yet another rag tag bunch of lineman in front of him.

And as 8rat pointed out, he isn't used as much as he should be in the passing game.

OR MAYBE I'm just trying to brace myself for the worst possible outcome, and 26 will have a vintage 26 day.

We'll know by 7:30pm.

16 hours ago, Running With Daboll said:

How did I attack your response?  I never mentioned your opinion about Barkley. 

Well, I ended up starting Barkley and benched Singletary. I have Stevenson in and will probably start Wilson Jr. over Najee.

13.4 points in .5 PPR. Not great, esp since that includes the gimme 1 yd run after the Slayton catch. What's worse is the fact that they used him as a decoy for gimmicky (and useless) jet sweep runs by Breida and Brightwell. Not a lot of action on the final drive, either. 

I might look to trade him before the deadline comes.

11 minutes ago, Montana is da Man said:

Barkley outscored Singletary, so that's good for you

The trade deadline has passed in everyone of my leagues, I wish I could still trade

Before the season started I set the trade deadline to the latest possible date in both of the leagues that I commish. At least Barkley scored a TD so that I won't be trying to sell at an all time low.

26 minutes ago, 8rattoon said:

Well, I ended up starting Barkley and benched Singletary. I have Stevenson in and will probably start Wilson Jr. over Najee.

13.4 points in .5 PPR. Not great, esp since that includes the gimme 1 yd run after the Slayton catch. What's worse is the fact that they used him as a decoy for gimmicky (and useless) jet sweep runs by Breida and Brightwell. Not a lot of action on the final drive, either. 

I might look to trade him before the deadline comes.

20 minutes ago, Montana is da Man said:

Barkley outscored Singletary, so that's good for you

The trade deadline has passed in everyone of my leagues, I wish I could still trade

The gimme TD prevented a bust day, now let's see what Stevenson does, he was my choice over Saquan, per your original question.

I never said anything about starting Singletary. 

4 minutes ago, Running With Daboll said:

The gimme TD prevented a bust day, now let's see what Stevenson does, he was my choice over Saquan, per your original question.

I never said anything about starting Singletary. 

Yeah, not a terrible day, but as you pointed out/anticipated, I'm more concerned about his production moving forward. His overall lack of usage today was disappointing 

Hoping Dre blows the doors off the dome tonight.