[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fields or Burrow? Make your championship case

SNOWBOUND33

12 hours ago, League_Champion said:

Fields started off on fire then hit a wall. He did nothing the second half. Hopefully it was enough for Fields owners. 

12 hours ago, Montana is da Man said:

Take away his 2 big runs and he was really poor

11 hours ago, League_Champion said:

He didn't do anything after that big half, very disappointing. 

Had no choice but to start him this week, and it looked good for a bit, just like last week. And just like last week, he hit a wall, managing only a slightly better output. 

The big runs helped him to avoid another bust-like start, but overall it was an extreme letdown.

My opponent went Danny Dimes at the last minute over Cousins, and that was the nail in my coffin. Oh yeah, that and Evans getting him nearly 60 points out of absolutely nowhere.

When 2 guys give your opponent almost 110 points, you are pretty much done before you get started. 

After that long run before Fields even stood up he was grabbing at his sock/shin strangely and then stood up.  I think he got hurt there a little bit.  Not sure if it was anything but he seemed to be done running shortly after.  Good.  I don't want to see him any more banged up at this point.

On 1/4/2023 at 12:14 PM, Montana is da Man said:

Hip strain, ruled out for the week 18 game

And on top of that.....if I started him over Burrow I would have won.  Fields got hurt for no reason.  But watch out for him next year.  If the Bears spend their money right.  FU fantasy gods.  bump......mic drop

Edited by SNOWBOUND33

1 hour ago, SNOWBOUND33 said:

And on top of that.....if I started him over Burrow I would have won.  Fields got hurt for no reason.  But watch out for him next year.  If the Bears spend their money right.  FU fantasy gods.  bump......mic drop

No way anyone could see Burrow getting only 7 minutes of gametime

4 hours ago, League_Champion said:

Agree but they've been doing that all season and he's still had success. If they beef up the O-Line and get him a couple weapons, look out. 

Agree....but 1 week to prepare vs a winter, spring and summer is a bit different.   If they get him o-line help and 2 receivers,  they'll become a playoff contender 

13 minutes ago, Montana is da Man said:

Agree....but 1 week to prepare vs a winter, spring and summer is a bit different.   If they get him o-line help and 2 receivers,  they'll become a playoff contender 

He can be Jalen Hurts but with a better arm but he needs to learn patience and lose that run first approach. He's still very very raw. 

21 hours ago, League_Champion said:

Fields will certainly be a top 5 fantasy QB next season. Dare I say a top 3 QB pick? 

He certainly needs weapons but his legs will keep him relevant. 

He'll be a "risky" top 5 fantasy QB, but not one I'd be interested in. 

If and when his game rounds off, then he will be a weekly force, but without an air game, and the personnel needed to pull that off, I won't have him on my radar next year. 

7 minutes ago, Running With Daboll said:

He'll be a "risky" top 5 fantasy QB, but not one I'd be interested in. 

If and when his game rounds off, then he will be a weekly force, but without an air game, and the personnel needed to pull that off, I won't have him on my radar next year. 

I respectfully disagree. He didn't have any of that this year and still put up QB1 numbers the second half of the season. I'd have to believe that they get better in the off-season. The cheatcode will keep him very relevant. 

6 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

I respectfully disagree. He didn't have any of that this year and still put up QB1 numbers the second half of the season. I'd have to believe that they get better in the off-season. The cheatcode will keep him very relevant. 

I respectfully disagree with your respectful disagreement...lol

It's TRUE that for a stretch of time he was a fantasy juggernaut, but by season's end we saw that teams were starting to figure him out, and that those crazy numbers he was putting up began to shrink dramatically. 

The NFL doesn't waste time coming up with ways to stop phenom type players and performance. Lamar Jackson looked unstoppable for a time too, but the league caught up with him. 

1 hour ago, League_Champion said:

50 minutes ago, Running With Daboll said:

I respectfully disagree with your respectful disagreement...lol

It's TRUE that for a stretch of time he was a fantasy juggernaut, but by season's end we saw that teams were starting to figure him out, and that those crazy numbers he was putting up began to shrink dramatically. 

The NFL doesn't waste time coming up with ways to stop phenom type players and performance. Lamar Jackson looked unstoppable for a time too, but the league caught up with him. 

I am respectfully in the middle on this.  I think he could be a top 5 / top 8 qb next season and will get better as a passer.

However, I would not want him as my qb1.  

1 hour ago, League_Champion said:

You're on the board, Fields or Herbert are sitting there. Who would you pick?  I'm taking the cheat code all day without a thought. 

I'm taking Fields over Herbert but don't want either as my qb1.  I am usually take a qb late guy but I had so much success with Allen, Mahomes and Burrow this year I may be changing that strategy 

15 hours ago, Montana is da Man said:

I'm taking Fields over Herbert but don't want either as my qb1.  I am usually take a qb late guy but I had so much success with Allen, Mahomes and Burrow this year I may be changing that strategy 

Yeah, I might rethink my QB drafting strategy as well.  My rough start wound up costing me a first round bye, and it was mostly due to drafting Wilson as my QB. 

I recovered to make the playoffs, but not enough to get to where I wanted to be.

I agree about not wanting either of Fields or Herbert for next year. I think Fields will be heavily planned for in the off season, and Herbert, while still impressive, lacks the consistency I desire.

I'll be looking at guys like Burrow, Lawrence and Jones next year, if I can't get a top tier guy. Hell, maybe even Geno or Purdy I'd consider, if Purdy retains his spot.