[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fields or Burrow? Make your championship case

SNOWBOUND33

9 hours ago, League_Champion said:

Fields is going to go OFF against Detroit, indoors on the fast track. There's nothing to not like about this matchup, especially Championship week. 

Problen is,  The Bears have nothing to play for.  Fields needs experience is the only reason he is playing.  He is their future right now.  But he has nobody to throw to and they know what he can do with his feet.  Plus the Lions D is getting better, at home, and with a slim playoff hope alive I believe.  This all makes me nervous.

2 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

It's not like he's ever been a prolific passer anyhow. This just means even more scrambling. 

The passing is what they want him to work on, but he has a pile of crap to work with now.  Plus he has a bum shoulder and now a stepped on foot.  I think one little hint of him getting hurt will pull him early.  I want him to be great. I guess I just don't think this is the week.  But Bears do dumb stuff. They may leave him in there scrambling for his life!

5 minutes ago, SNOWBOUND33 said:

The passing is what they want him to work on, but he has a pile of crap to work with now.  Plus he has a bum shoulder and now a stepped on foot.  I think one little hint of him getting hurt will pull him early.  I want him to be great. I guess I just don't think this is the week.  But Bears do dumb stuff. They may leave him in there scrambling for his life!

I don't see how this week is any different but if you feel so strongly about it why did you ask us for our opinions? 

On 12/28/2022 at 10:05 PM, SNOWBOUND33 said:

I certainly understand your trepidation, and your points are well taken. 

I sat Fields last week, and it was clearly the right move, although I still didn't advance to the finals. He was stifled, contained, limited, and rendered virtually ineffective, save for 1 TD pass on his first drive. If not for that first drive, he would have been an absolute bust.

He was also playing against a defense that was "capable" of stopping him, and in extremely unfavorable weather conditions. 

While I agree that he has limited pass catching options, he does still have his RB's and a solid TE option.  Also, this Lions defense can provide opportunities for one or two of his no name WR's.

He'll be in a dome, against a division rival, looking to bounce back from a frustrating performance.  This will provide ideal conditions and enough motivation for him to succeed...imo.

I'm starting him this week. I think we just saw his floor last week, I think we could see his ceiling this week.

There's always some risk involved, but if you want to win a championship, now is NOT the time to play it safe with this guy.

That said, you are fortunate enough to have TWO incredible options at QB. Burrow killed me last week, and he has a ton of momentum right now, there is absolutely nothing wrong with starting him in your finals.  I can attest to the weather as I am currently in Toronto, having passed through Buffalo a couple days ago. It is unseasonably mild up here, and this should hold true through MNF, so for once, weather won't factor into a winter game in Buffalo. 

I think either QB can win you a championship, so don't sweat the decision too much. 

Edited by Running With Daboll

It seems a lot of the conversation has been focused on Fields, although the choice is Fields vs. Burrow. What about Burrow? Also a note - the game is in Cinci, not Buffalo. 

I wonder if the Bengals will actually try to run the ball more than usual. First of all, Bills have shown in recent weeks that they are vulnerable on the ground. Second, running will take the ball out of Allen's hands. With that being said, Burrow can still easily throw for 300 yards and 3 TDs.

Not sure if this makes your decision easier, but something to consider.

I have the same situation and I am going Burrow, if he can play a full game vs. the first or second half only he puts up 35+.

Buf/Cin game has the opportunity to be a shootout....I would rather not wait for that ONE long run from Fields to get his points and not excited about 150 yards passing.