[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fields or Burrow? Make your championship case

SNOWBOUND33

Just now, League_Champion said:

Same. I feel like the new template will be to go zero RB and get your cheat code QB early. I'll be more than happy to overpay for a Josh Allen, Hurts or Mahomes next season and not have to worry. 

I was just having a discussion with a bud of mine about Russel Wilson, who was my original fantasy QB. 

We both agree that Russ suddenly came on at the end of the season, making us wonder if he tanked the season to get Hackett fired.

Wilson is not above doing something like that, and he would have had nothing to lose by doing it.

But forget about all that speculation. Next year I'm not effing around with the QB position, I'm going straight for the gold, and hopefully I won't have to bench whoever I get unless it's a bye week.

I wanted Hurts this year but got sniped. I won't make the same mistake again. 

20 minutes ago, Running With Daboll said:

But forget about all that speculation. Next year I'm not effing around with the QB position, I'm going straight for the gold, and hopefully I won't have to bench whoever I get unless it's a bye week.

I agree. I'll gladly overpay for Josh Allen next season. I'll be "that guy", the one we laugh at every season for taking a QB way too early. 😂

• Like 1

20 hours ago, League_Champion said:

I agree. I'll gladly overpay for Josh Allen next season. I'll be "that guy", the one we laugh at every season for taking a QB way too early. 😂

20 hours ago, Running With Daboll said:

I was just having a discussion with a bud of mine about Russel Wilson, who was my original fantasy QB. 

We both agree that Russ suddenly came on at the end of the season, making us wonder if he tanked the season to get Hackett fired.

Wilson is not above doing something like that, and he would have had nothing to lose by doing it.

I wanted Hurts this year but got sniped. I won't make the same mistake again. 

I took Allen in the 3rd / 4th in all the leagues I had him and I have no regrets

1 minute ago, Montana is da Man said:

Nobody in my leagues takes qbs that early with 4 points per passing TD.  

Ah, there's the rub, my league gives 6 points.

FYI, I'm currently engaged in a fairly heated COTY "discussion" on another thread. It's gotten pretty heated and I'm afraid that my Sicilian temper might get the better of me. 

If I get bounced out of here, so be it, I'll survive. I just wanted to say it's been a pleasure knowing you. 

7 minutes ago, Running With Daboll said:

Ah, there's the rub, my league gives 6 points.

FYI, I'm currently engaged in a fairly heated COTY "discussion" on another thread. It's gotten pretty heated and I'm afraid that my Sicilian temper might get the better of me. 

If I get bounced out of here, so be it, I'll survive. I just wanted to say it's been a pleasure knowing you. 

I haven't been paying attention but there is some interesting takes on that thread.  I have to read it from start to finish later.  I doubt you'll get tossed for that, you'll be around here a while longer

But if you do, it was a pleasure. Come find me in Newark for a visit to the Brazilian steakhouse

Edited by Montana is da Man

1 minute ago, Montana is da Man said:

I haven't been paying attention but there is some interesting takes on that thread.  I have to read it from start to finish later.  I doubt you'll get tossed for that, you'll be around here a while longer

We'll see, when you read the thread you might change your mind.

The thing that really bothers me is being accused of being a "homer". Yes, I am adamant about Daboll being COTY, but it's an objective opinion based on all the facts I could muster, not only about him, but the other COTY candidates. My last post was an entire article I found that supports Daboll as COTY.

If Brian Daboll did what he did this year for any other team but the Giants, I would support him just as intensely, but of course it's too easy to just label me a homer and dismiss my points. 

As I said, that really gets under my skin. And when that happens I just dig in deeper. 

Anyway, it is what it is. 

1 hour ago, League_Champion said:

I have Fields in Dynasty but who's to say the Bears won't draft a QB at #1 this year? They have to be strongly considering it. Get a better QB on a longer rookie contract??? Why not? 

All depends on if they are trying to win or trying to rebuild.  No sense in drafting a qb and throwing him to the wolves right away....let fields take his beatings while the new qb learns

3 hours ago, Running With Daboll said:

We'll see, when you read the thread you might change your mind.

The thing that really bothers me is being accused of being a "homer". Yes, I am adamant about Daboll being COTY, but it's an objective opinion based on all the facts I could muster, not only about him, but the other COTY candidates. My last post was an entire article I found that supports Daboll as COTY.

If Brian Daboll did what he did this year for any other team but the Giants, I would support him just as intensely, but of course it's too easy to just label me a homer and dismiss my points. 

As I said, that really gets under my skin. And when that happens I just dig in deeper. 

Anyway, it is what it is. 

I wouldn't stress over it, you make a lot.of valid points

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Montana is da Man said:

All depends on if they are trying to win or trying to rebuild.  No sense in drafting a qb and throwing him to the wolves right away....let fields take his beatings while the new qb learns

They SHOULD be going defense at 1 but my selfish side wants them to draft a stud WR, it unfortunately won't happen.