[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tony Pollard Rule?

League_Champion

Maybe, might, could possibly consider.  Nothing to freak out about. 

"The NFL Competition Committee is expected to consider looking into the “mechanics of the tackle” during their offseason discussions and could perhaps even ban so-called “hip-drop” tackles like the one employed by 49ers safety Jimmie Ward."

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

meh.....there has been a lot of angst early on this week about similiar tackles causing similiar injuries to star player. non football people thing omg!   it's the nature of the game.  whats a 300 lber to do?  he's gonna wrap up around the waste like he's taught and fall to the ground.  the tacklee should get his foot out of the way!

• Like 1

:celb:

On 1/27/2023 at 2:57 PM, BillyBalata said:

meh.....there has been a lot of angst early on this week about similiar tackles causing similiar injuries to star player. non football people thing omg!   it's the nature of the game.  whats a 300 lber to do?  he's gonna wrap up around the waste like he's taught and fall to the ground.  the tacklee should get his foot out of the way!

This story aside, have there been any updates on the Coach Of The Year prospects and finalists?  I haven't been paying attention because I knew that Brian Daboll was a foregone conclusion from the jump. There must be someone out there willing to make an "actual" bet on the outcome, instead of the usual pseudo macho 'all talk no action' rhetoric. You know, some over reactive, non objective fan boy of a team whose head coach won't even qualify as a top 5 finalist? Maybe I can bet someone like that, someone who will actually follow through on a bet that he proposed in the first place. :celb:

Edited by Running With Daboll
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

On 1/28/2023 at 9:41 AM, League_Champion said:

It won't be the Minnesota Vikings head coach, that's for sure 

default_pointstosky (1).gif

Tell me if you agree.

Shanny lost that game for his team yesterday.  First, he doesn't throw the red flag to dispute the Smith "catch", even when Smith himself got up and frantically wanted Hurts to run the next play.  At the worst, the Niners would have lost a time out and a challenge, but as it turns out, he would have not only won the challenge, but his team would have taken over on possessions at their own 35 yard line.  The score would have been 0-0, with possession of the ball.

Then, right after the Eagles got their gift TD, he assigns a back up TE to solely block Reddick, who promptly blows past him and injures Purdy, essentially ending the game right there and then in the first quarter.

Everything else after that was irrelevant, everybody knew the Eagles had already stamped their tickets to the SB.

Shanahan seems to fold under the pressure of big games, and yesterday was no exception.

Edited by Running With Daboll

20 minutes ago, Running With Daboll said:

Shanny lost that game for his team yesterday

No doubt. He did not have his team ready for what was waiting for them in Philly. They showed zero discipline and had no clue what they were up against. No excuse for not challenging that no catch. Smith even knew he didn't catch it.

Shanny was lost 

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Worry about Steve. Like others, you spend way too much time worrying about what I'm doing. It's pretty pathetic. 

I don't worry about you, just find you extremely annoying. I'd explain but I'm sure you wouldn't get it.

7 hours ago, League_Champion said:

No doubt. He did not have his team ready for what was waiting for them in Philly. They showed zero discipline and had no clue what they were up against. No excuse for not challenging that no catch. Smith even knew he didn't catch it.

Shanny was lost 

you say that like he wouldn't be aware he didn't catch it. lol,  Did you see any SF players calling for a replay, you know like they saw it wasn't a catch? and signaled to shanahan he needed to challenge it?  it was down in the corner, certainly not the best camera angles. Especially for any coaches.  Yes Smith knew there would be doubt. only other person on the planet was apparently you.  He did the smart thing calling for a quick snap after....no one knew at that exact moment he didn't catch it. certainly not the ref, certainly not NY. certainly not the 49ers that early in the game knew they needed to challenge. no one announcing the game knew. But I guess we should all know you did.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, League_Champion said:

It was a 4th down play and Smith all but told everyone that he didn't catch it. Why wouldn't you challenge it??? 

help me understand....how did he tell everyone he didn't catch it?  by jumping up and running to the line of scrimmage pounding his fist together? lets rush this play?  I suppose. but again , i saw that, you saw that.  could they see that from the sidelines? 

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Umm, YES. 

And stop being such a bitter a-hole. Let it go already. 

lol, i hurt your feelings so now i am not allowed to discuss or disagree with you.  What's funny i was sticking up for your Eagles player who did the smart thing, but you want to even argue about that. just to prove you know more about football then current nfl coaches, . my bad.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, BillyBalata said:

lol, i hurt your feelings so now i am not allowed to discuss or disagree with you.  What's funny i was sticking up for your Eagles player who did the smart thing, but you want to even argue about that. just to prove you know more about football then current nfl coaches, . my bad.

26 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Umm, YES. 

And stop being such a bitter a-hole. Let it go already. 

Here is Shanahan's explanation. He didn't see any replay which made it look like he didn't make the catch. He or others didn't notice Devonta Smith trying to get them to hurry up or if they did, didn't interpret it correctly. That's how I am reading it. 

https://www.nfl.com/news/niners-kyle-shanahan-explains-decision-not-to-challenge-devonta-smith-catch

48 minutes ago, BillyBalata said:

you say that like he wouldn't be aware he didn't catch it. lol,  Did you see any SF players calling for a replay, you know like they saw it wasn't a catch? and signaled to shanahan he needed to challenge it?  it was down in the corner, certainly not the best camera angles. Especially for any coaches.  Yes Smith knew there would be doubt. only other person on the planet was apparently you.  He did the smart thing calling for a quick snap after....no one knew at that exact moment he didn't catch it. certainly not the ref, certainly not NY. certainly not the 49ers that early in the game knew they needed to challenge. no one announcing the game knew. But I guess we should all know you did.

He is the greatest football mind in his universe of one. 

As for Shanahan's explanation, clearly he's just not as much of a football genius as LC. 

During the SB he will predict every play before it happens, but the delay in getting his prediction posted will make it appear as if he is telling us just after the play if over.