[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

FSGA draft week - David Dorey drafts out of the 14 pick

Henry Muto

David Dorey drafted out of the 14 hole in a 14 team draft today here is the board.

https://www.rtsports.com/football/draft-board.php?LID=292386&UID=fantasyfootball&CONF=0&X=1689815104934

1 Chubb

2 D Henry

3 Hockenson

4 Kirk

5 JuJu

6 Dalvin Cook

7 Brandon Cooks

8 Cousins

9 Van Jefferson

10 Zeke

11 Carlson

12 Phil D

13 A Rodgers

14 R Woods

15 Zamir White

16 MVS

• Henry Muto changed the title to FSGA draft week - David Dorey drafts out of the 14 pick

Oh my! I am not overly fond of 14 team leagues and wasn't all that happy with my resulting team. I originally thought I'd start RB-QB knowing all the top WR and Kelce was gone but wanting a difference maker in QB but I thought I could reach a Top-3 in round 3. Nope. I went Chubb-Henry to start which was okay but nothing at the 14/15 is going to look great. All 3 QBs were gone so I took Hockenson for a top TE but by then I had to pick WR and only got Kirk. I wanted QB Lawrence with my 5th pick but nope, the top 9 had been drained. 

Wasn't my favorite draft to be sure. I like the 12/13 wrap in a 12 team league, but a 14 team league is harder to manage with so many picks between your turns. In retrospect, I think I should have stuck with my plan on getting Mahomes too early with my No. 2 pick. There had been a previous FSGA draft the day before and I used that as a template to see what I could get away with and that bit me. It was nothing like our draft.

Today's FSGA draft went QB insane.  Remember when "expert" drafts were where everyone waited on QB ?  Not in today's game!

https://www.rtsports.com/football/draft-board.php?LID=160971&UID=fantasyfootball&CONF=0&X=1689889536143

In this one 7 QB's are gone before the end of round 3 including Josh Allen in the 1st and Lamar in the 2nd.

Definitely the year of the QB and WR. Overall, there's just a few more early WRs taken but QBs are going higher than I remember in the past.

• 5 months later...

Looking back things went sideways from the get go here with Chubb injured in week 2.  The JuJu and Dalvin Cook picks were black holes.  Hockenson had a great year.  Derrick Henry was up and down.  So my question is whoever was Oweners box scored 0 pts for entire year I mean are you kidding me they couldn't be bothered to set a lineup at any point ?  Why are people like that even in the league ? 

On 1/5/2024 at 11:41 AM, Henry Muto said:

Looking back things went sideways from the get go here with Chubb injured in week 2.  The JuJu and Dalvin Cook picks were black holes.  Hockenson had a great year.  Derrick Henry was up and down.  So my question is whoever was Oweners box scored 0 pts for entire year I mean are you kidding me they couldn't be bothered to set a lineup at any point ?  Why are people like that even in the league ? 

Yeah not sure what was up with him. The league was one of those that just never got off the ground. Losing my first pick in a 14-team league was only the beginning. The guy that won had 1423 points against, I had 1810. It was the middle of July too so things looked different. I had a great year for the most part, in RTS fantasy championship I ended the regular season with teams ranked 1,1,2,3,3 and 11 (always have one clunker). I got trampled in FSGA.

15 hours ago, DMD said:

Yeah not sure what was up with him. The league was one of those that just never got off the ground. Losing my first pick in a 14-team league was only the beginning. The guy that won had 1423 points against, I had 1810. It was the middle of July too so things looked different. I had a great year for the most part, in RTS fantasy championship I ended the regular season with teams ranked 1,1,2,3,3 and 11 (always have one clunker). I got trampled in FSGA.

You should play in more leagues pal.

47 minutes ago, gilthorp said:

You should play in more leagues pal.

Had 14 leagues to manage this year which may be a personal best. That is too many to me.

On 1/5/2024 at 9:41 AM, Henry Muto said:

So my question is whoever was Oweners box scored 0 pts for entire year I mean are you kidding me they couldn't be bothered to set a lineup at any point ?  Why are people like that even in the league ? 

Is this an all eggspurt redraft league?  What kind of redraft expert starts a draft with 2 WRs on the same team?  I could see doing that in best ball....