[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Garoppolo benched

Big John

Just now, Big John said:

Aidan O'Connell named the starter.

Davante Adams and his fantasy owners applaud the move. This may be one reason that Josh and his buddy got fired, they probably wanted to stick with their chosen one (after all Jimmy G was a Pats drafted player, and must be great). 

https://ninernoise.com/posts/jimmy-garoppolo-overstayed-welcome-davante-adams-raiders

this year, adams' best game was with jimmy 20/13/172/2 tds

he had a 13/8/75 with o'connell

he had a 12/7/57 with o'connell/hoyer

the force feeding hasn't necessarily produced great results.   I think it comes back to o-line and time.  Jimmy definitely missed a couple of big plays to him this week, but there was a lot of pressure

7 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

this year, adams' best game was with jimmy 20/13/172/2 tds

he had a 13/8/75 with o'connell

he had a 12/7/57 with o'connell/hoyer

the force feeding hasn't necessarily produced great results.   I think it comes back to o-line and time.  Jimmy definitely missed a couple of big plays to him this week, but there was a lot of pressure

20 targets in a single game is wild, and about 1/4 of his season total. Those other 2 games above average for Adams targets per game this year (under 10). 

There is a difference between feeding a great receiver the ball and throwing it at him with horrible passes. 7 targets and one reception with Jimmy G on Monday. Not sure where to get good reliable "dropped passes" stats since they are unofficial, but this one below shows 3 for Adams, Mattison leads with 5.  Adams has 78 targets this season and 47 receptions. That means 3 of the 31 targets he didn't catch were his fault. I think he did have a bad drop in the MNF game, or that was some other WR of mine who messed up. 

http://hosted.stats.com/fb/leaders.asp?range=NFL&type=Receiving&rank=232