[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ty Chandler

Dcat

How about it Vikes fans?  I just read just about every draft profile on him.  Will it be a 50/50 split backfield when Mattison returns from concussion?  Any chance Chandler becomes featured back?  What's the possibility of him taking over for Mattison in '24?  (Keeper league in which I've received a trade offer for him)

Edited by Dcat

Regarding 2024, the Vikings don't have a QB signed for next year (Cousins a FA), so their offense could change a lot.

I was hoping Mattison would have good value this year, I used him as one of my keepers (5 per team, 12 teams, can keep forever). Instead Swift (my first round pick) has been my RB2 behind Jacobs. 

Just going off my own feelings and observations here, but I don’t see Chandler being the primary back this year or beyond. Akers was brought in for a reason this year, if the coaches thought Chandler could be the next guy up that likely wouldn’t have happened. 

For next season, I wouldn’t be surprised to see the Vikes draft a RB if there’s one available. I don’t follow college football so I have no idea who will be out there come draft day. Chandler is serviceable enough and looked good in his limited action last week, but there hasn’t been a lot of film on him either.  Best advice I could give on him is wait and see for a couple of games, but I really doubt he’s going to be the top dog RB the rest of this season or next. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SeductiveNun said:

Just going off my own feelings and observations here, but I don’t see Chandler being the primary back this year or beyond. Akers was brought in for a reason this year, if the coaches thought Chandler could be the next guy up that likely wouldn’t have happened. 

For next season, I wouldn’t be surprised to see the Vikes draft a RB if there’s one available. I don’t follow college football so I have no idea who will be out there come draft day. Chandler is serviceable enough and looked good in his limited action last week, but there hasn’t been a lot of film on him either.  Best advice I could give on him is wait and see for a couple of games, but I really doubt he’s going to be the top dog RB the rest of this season or next. 

"So you're saying there's a chance!"

I picked him up, the desperate handcuffing/RB backup pimp that I am.  

• Haha 2

Yeah I follow the Vikings.  Unless they can really upgrade their OL, I don't see any current Viking RB being a league winner in FF next year.  And if you look at their contracts, in 2024 Mattison would have big dead money and minimal cap savings if cut.  Chandler is the opposite, little dead money and about $1m in cap savings.  So...unless TC can really show he is the far superior back, it is very unlikely he returns next year.  As for Akers, he is FA after this year, so MN might prefer a chance for a comp pick vs trying to resign him (could care less about the Rams-KOC connection).

A lot of words to say...trade him.

Agreed with seductive nun mainly. They didn't think he would be the guy and they are probably right. I don't know what they're going to do with cousins. He was playing the best I've ever seen him recently. His decision making was really sharp and his accuracy was great. He didn't have the mobility but he was becoming brady-esque almost and that it didn't really matter. Whether that would have continued or not I don't know. But in Achilles is not great and he isn't getting younger so I'm not totally sure