[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pull MNF QB if Already Won?

HalfSmoke83

1 minute ago, HalfSmoke83 said:

I'm in 1st and about 100-125 points above 2nd place. Points are used as tiebreakers.

Ultra conservative, sit him. Take your win and move on.  No need to risk it. It’s MNf, chances of 3+ point stat corrections are highly unlikely.

if it’s me, I’m still starting a QB. It’s not logical, I know, but I’ve never seen a QB finish with negative points. I’d start Dobbs for higher floor.

6 hours ago, HalfSmoke83 said:

Sort of a general question.

I'm up by 3 points going into MNF and opponent has noone else to play.

I have choice of Fields or Dobbs at QB...or pull them, play no QB since I'm up and not chance a fluke INT/Fumble/Sack/Injury in beginning of game and lose points...then lose week?

IMO no.  You lose potential tie breaking points for the season.  

What are the chances any decent QB (fields and dobbs qualifY!) pulling an actual negative ff game?    Pretty damned low, I htink.

Play em.  

DST or deep flex rb, ok.  desperation 6th tier qb,  I can see.   A real QB?  nah.  Play. 

2 minutes ago, FinishTheDrill said:

What are the chances any decent QB (fields and dobbs qualifY!) pulling an actual negative ff game?    Pretty damned low, I htink.

Play em.  

DST or deep flex rb, ok.  desperation 6th tier qb,  I can see.   A real QB?  nah.  Play. 

Lol Dobbs at -3.08 points...but shouldn't last all game lol

1 hour ago, FinishTheDrill said:

Play em.  

lol... yikes!

Without the TD Dobbs would have scored 0.8 points in my league (-4 on the turnovers plus 4.8 on yardage). I trailed by just less than a point at kickoff but was leading for much of the game until the TD. I couldn't see this kind of scenario playing out, an early turnover before much yardage and then exiting the game would be a more likely scenario. 

The thing I don't like about this kind of move is it is totally random and based on when games are played and who has people left in their line-up. Like somebody else said this kind of move is considered bush league by many.