[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2024 Rookie Draft Primer, Devy Tracker and Discussion Thread

Tford

Our rookie/devy draft begins May 1. Rules are as follows:

3.3.2 - Devy Squad
Each franchise will also be allocated a College Developmental Squad (Devy), containing up to 3 college players 5 college players of which one must be a defensive player (DL/LB/DB). A player's eligibility as a defensive player will default to his position listed on espn.com. Should a team carry 4 or less college players, the requirement of needing a defensive player does not apply. [Apr 2021 Rule change for 2022 offseason implementation] Players can be from any college team and have completed one year of college football (this eliminates the "gray area" surrounding early enrollees). Once selected by way of the Rookie/Devy Draft, these players can remain on each owners' team until they are drafted by an NFL team, at which time the owner must either sign the player to their active roster or place them on DTS. Each off-season, a combined Rookie/Devy" draft will occur. If an owner selects a devy player, they must cut one of their current devy players unless their prior devy(s) have been previously moved to their active roster or DTS. Devy players may be traded for other AFL-Devy assets (NFL players on active or DTS, future draft pick(s), and/or AFL-Devy Bucks.

7 Rookie/Devy Draft

7.1 Draft
The AFL-Devy League rookie draft will start the second Monday after the conclusion of the NFL draft. The draft will proceed in reverse order based on the previous season's finish (total points as tie-breaker). The draft will last 8 rounds and will be a straight draft (non-serpentine). The draft will be conducted on MFL (myfantasyleague.com). If an owner withdraws from the league during the draft, the draft will stop until a new owner is found and begin when the new owner is selected without penalizing the new team.

7.2 Eligibility
Only rookies and college players that have finished at least one year of college football will be eligible to be drafted. As defined by the NFL CBA, a Rookie is defined as a person who has never signed a Player Contract with an NFL Club previous to this year. An un-drafted Rookie means a Rookie who was eligible for, but not selected in a NFL Draft. 

7.3 Timing
There will be no timer in force during the draft. Each owner is encouraged to use pre-selects and make picks as soon as possible. If an owner is "on the clock" for more than 24 hours during the draft without prior notice, then that owner will be considered for replacement under rule 2.3.

Coles notes:

- No true freshmen can be drafted as devys.

- ESPN holds the final say on player position.

- You can carry up to five devys on your roster at any time, but if you carry five, one must be a defensive player. If you only carry four, all four can be offensive players if you like.

- If you carry the maximum amount of devys currently and would like to select a devy in the draft, you must cut or trade one of your devys in order to be roster compliant. Failure to do so will nullify the draft pick.

- No draft timer is enforced. I expect some degree of civility towards those who are working to get a deal done or have other engagements. That said, I also expect a degree of respect towards the rest of the league to not hold the draft hostage on a trade offer that isn't actively being worked on. We have managed to get enough of these done in the past that I don't expect major issues.

- Reminder that the vote to increase the DTS size to 13 per team does not go into effect until the 2025 offseason.

How to select a Devy:

- When it's your turn to draft in MFL, select any of the custom players in MFL named "Devy, College XX" where XX is a number from 1 to 60. The position doesn't matter, I can edit that later.

- In the notes portion of the MFL draft screen, enter in the player's name, position and school. Remember that true freshman cannot be selected, only players who have played a year of college football can be chosen. Also doublecheck the draft list and forum to make sure that you are not selecting a player that has already been taken.

- Reply to this thread in the forum with your player, their position and school to confirm.

Posted (edited)

Devy Tracker:

Hunting Beach Longhorns

Cade Klubnik QB Clemson

Branson Robinson RB Georgia

Raheim Sanders RB Arkansas

Zachariah Branch WR USC (Drafted 3.02)

Jamon Dumas-Johnson LB Kentucky (Drafted 7.09)

Clemenza's Sauce

Quinn Ewers QB Texas (Traded from Cocks)

CJ Baxter RB Texas (Drafted 2.09)

Jaydn Ott RB California (Drafted 3.01)

Tez Johnson WR Oregon (Drafted 7.01)

James Pearce Jr. DE Tennessee (Drafted 6.01)

Favre Dollar Footlongs

Carson Beck QB Georgia (Drafted 4.05)

Justice Haynes RB Alabama (Drafted 3.05)

Kaytron Allen RB Penn State (Drafted 5.05)

Eugene Wilson III WR Florida (Drafted 6.05)

Harold Perkins LB LSU

4 Star

Arch Manning QB Texas (Drafted 3.04)

Luther Burden WR MIssouri

Evan Stewart WR Oregon

Emeka Egbuka WR Ohio State

Jay Higgins LB Iowa (Drafted 5.04)

Maryland Blue Crabs

Ja'Corey Brooks WR Alabama

Beaux Collins WR Clemson

Colston Loveland TE Michigan (Drafted 4.03)

Luke Lachey TE Iowa (Drafted 6.03)

Danny Stutsman LB Oklahoma (Drafted 5.03)

Dragline

Donovan Edwards RB Michigan

Ollie Gordon II RB Oklahoma State (Drafted 1.07)

Carnell Tate WR Ohio State (Drafted 2.07)

Arik Gilbert TE Nebraska

Beirut Shisha

Trevor Etienne RB Georgia (Drrafted 8.08)

Kaden Prather WR Maryland (Drafted 8.06)

Antwane Wells Jr. WR South Carolina (Drafted 8.07)

Dillon Bell WR Georgia (Drafted 8.09)

Malaki Starks S Georgia (Drafted 8.10)

Mod3an's Puppers

Oronde Gadsden II WR Syracuse

Mario Williams WR USC

Tre Harris WR Mississippi (Drafted 2.08)

Cashius Howell LB Texas A&M (Drafted 7.08)

River City Reform

Grayson McCall QB Coastal Carolina

DJ Uiagalelei QB Oregon State

Jaydon Blue RB Texas (Drafted 2.10)

Ashton Jeanty RB Boise State (Drafted 3.11)

Travis Hunter CB Colorado (Drafted 7.10)

Pennsylvania Postals

Tyler Van Dyke QB Miami

Nicholas Singleton RB Penn State

Dylan Edwards RB Kansas State (Drafted 7.05)

Isaiah Bond WR Texas (Drafted 2.06)

Abdul Carter LB Penn State

Giant Sack Pack

Drew Allar QB Penn State

Shedeur Sanders QB Colorado

Omarion Hampton RB North Carolina (Drafted 3.09)

Barion Brown WR Kentucky (Drafted 5.11)

Barret Carter LB Clemson

Columbus Cocks

TreVeyon Henderson RB Ohio State

Quinshon Judkins RB Ole Miss

Damien Martinez RB Miami (Drafted 5.09)

Tetairoa McMillan WR Arizona (Drafted 2.02)

Smael Mondon LB Georgia

Edited by Tford

1 hour ago, Pope Flick said:

With the transfer portal we might need to update the schools so there is no confusion: my Evan Stewart pick moved from Tx A&M to Oregon for instance.

Understood. I will comb through ESPN tonight and update accordingly.

• Like 1

Since we are on the eve of the draft, I'll leave this out there.

Every year there is always an accidental pick of a devy that is already gone or some sort of issue that is easily fixed but can quickly roll into a larger issue if picks continue to be made after the mistake is made. 

- Please triple check on the draft picks above you as well as the devy tracker to confirm that your guy is actually available.

- If you see an issue, please wait before making your pick and contact me. PM here, email, text, whatever works. I will fix the issue as soon as I can.

Cheers and happy drafting.

• Thanks 1

Depending on who goes at 4, I'm willing to entertain a move back at 5. Nothing too far but a couple spots would be ideal.

6 hours ago, southern lights said:

had to select devylb instead of devyrb. devyrb was not listed as an option for me. refreshed page and went back into draft was not there so picked lb but my guy rb

Position changed in MFL

Posted (edited)

I started a 4 owner/120 player dispersal draft last night when Dragline was OTC with pick 3.07.  We just completed and Dragline is currently OTC with pick 4.07.

Edited by flemingd
  • Haha 1

Since there were no more Devy slots available, please change these players for these ones:

Justin  Eboigbe should be Antwane Wells Jr., WR, Ole Mis

Harrell, Jaylen TEN DE (R) should be Dillon Bell, WR, Georgia

Cole, Myles JAC DE (R) should be Malaki Starks, S, Georgia

Cut Jahmal Banks WR Wake forest

and also Zion Tupuola- Fetui is currently an undrafted unsigned Rookie, no longer in college

9 hours ago, terminader55 said:

Since there were no more Devy slots available, please change these players for these ones:

Justin  Eboigbe should be Antwane Wells Jr., WR, Ole Mis

Harrell, Jaylen TEN DE (R) should be Dillon Bell, WR, Georgia

Cole, Myles JAC DE (R) should be Malaki Starks, S, Georgia

Cut Jahmal Banks WR Wake forest

and also Zion Tupuola- Fetui is currently an undrafted unsigned Rookie, no longer in college

Should be all fixed as of this morning.

• Thanks 1

The rookie/devy draft is complete. Please doublecheck your roster and the devy tracker to confirm that everything is correct.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1