[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

RICKY WILLIAMS TO BE REINSTATED**

Potman

False Alarm, this report is according to his Lawyer:

From espn.com:

Associated Press

NEW YORK -- Ricky Williams will serve a four-game suspension beginning next month, then will be reinstated to the Miami Dolphins by the NFL, according to his lawyer.

But the league says no agreement has been finalized.

"I am pleased with the National Football League's proposal," attorney David Cornwell said Tuesday. "I think Ricky will be pleased, too."

Williams must approve the deal, which would move him from the retired list to the suspended list for the final four games of the schedule. The running back is required to serve a four-game suspension for violating the league's substance abuse policy.

After that, his contract with the Dolphins would be in force.

But Williams, now about a month into a 17-month course at the California College of Ayurveda in Grass Valley, Calif., studying holistic medicine., told the San Francisco Chronicle, "I understand their [Cornwall and Williams' agent Leigh Steinberg] wishful thinking. It's easy math. If I play, it puts more money in their pocket."

Although he wouldn't rule out a return to football, he indicated the game was far from his mind.

"I loved playing football, but the reasons I loved football were just to feed my ego," Williams said. "And any time you feed your ego, it's a one-way street."

"Anything regarding Ricky's status is a league matter," Dolphins spokesman Harvey Greene said.

"No agreement has been reached at this time," NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said, adding the league and Williams' representatives have been in discussions "for some time."

Williams, 27, retired during the summer, giving up the $5 million he would have earned this season, which would have been his sixth in the NFL, amid reports he faced the suspension for substance abuse.

The Dolphins' season pretty much was ruined by Williams' sudden retirement. The star runner was the focal point of Miami's offense and the Dolphins, also ravaged by injuries, are 1-9 without him. They will have their first losing season since 1988 and Dave Wannstedt resigned as coach earlier this month.

The team filed a lawsuit last month in federal court against Williams after an arbitrator ruled he owes the team more than $8.6 million for breaching his contract.

Williams rushed for 3,225 yards in two seasons with the Dolphins, including a league-leading 1,853 yards in 2002. They acquired the 1998 Heisman Trophy winner in a trade with New Orleans after the 2001 season.

Throughout his career, Williams has been plagued by strange behavior, including conducting interviews with his helmet on when he was with the Saints. He suffers from social-anxiety disorder and was a spokesman for an anti-depressant. He said Josh Gordon helped him once he had to stop using the anti-depressant because it didn't agree with his diet.

Williams found laughable reports he retired because he wanted to continue smoking Josh Gordon.

In fantasy football terms, Ricky will now be one of those guys that just cannot fall far enough for me to draft him. I don't care if he quits the hippie lettuce, becomes born again, and hits the weight room until the beginning of training camp next year. There is just no way I'll waste a pick on him.