[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pats Win AGAIN!

uglytuna

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

MSAINT--Fine points all. But, IMO, there is a decided difference in the team that fell to you a few years ago and the one that faces you now. The albatross KORDELL has been removed, and replaced with a legitimate NFL quarterback. The ramifications of this change are tough to measure. Big Ben can run if needed, but he can THROW a FORWARD PASS and complete it. Furthermore, history is important here. The loss that the Steelers endured is still talked about in Pittsburgh. It's a very sore point for fans and players alike. You can be assured that regardless of the place, the Steelers will be very ready to play the Pats again. They haven't forgotten how close they were to the big show.

That said, I don't have a true hatred for the Pats. I see some very close parallels between the Steelers and the Pats, in fact. Selfless football is being played on both sides; role players are stepping forward and making the difference. I suspect that the Steelers and Pats will see each other, at Heinz, very late in the season. The weather here isn't balmy ever, so we can all see who plays better in the elements this post-season. For my money, Ben played one helluva game in a hurricane, starting for the first time, against a very good Miami defense. Ugly game? Sure. Much worse than yesterday's NE game conditions. He got it done. So Brady's win yesterday was impressive, yes, but not the kind of win that Ben brought home, away, in a monsoon, against Jason Talyor and the Dolphins (who are comfortable in the water and the grass, pun definitely intended).

PATS/STEELERS...man, whatta rivalry we have brewing here...

580331[/snapback]

You can blame Kordell for that loss. We can blame being without Dillon, Law et al for this season's loss. Blame/excuses can be lobbed back and forth all day, but the fact remains, both teams stepped up and bashed the other one in the mouth when it counted, and it would make the best AFC Championship game, IMO.

Aw, c'mon Bill. You don't have to pretend you work just for US. :D

580410[/snapback]

I figure you have that sig line for a reason...

ah, so supporting Bush means you support all of his tenets?  cool.  if that's the case, it's a wonder that anyone ever gets elected.  there's no irony in a supporter of bush who also supports gay right.  marginal inconsistency?  yes.  irony?  no. 

what a dumb hick "knows"?  you pulled a definition from a dictionary - all that says to me is that you know how to read.

580413[/snapback]

I'm a dumb hick and have managed to read this entire thread. I believe that reading this entire thing has made me a dumber hick. Thanks you momos.

The funny thing to me is, Philly always gets a bad rap. Out of all the 10 and 1 teams, There is no Eagle thread.

580425[/snapback]

Eagles suck and are the Steelers biatches too. Happy now? :D

And to think that most of this thread could have been avoided if Swerski had only used the appropriate "not that there's anything wrong with that." :D

Sean Salisbury was on WEEI this morning claiming that he is putting

the patriots back on the top of his power ratings. He said that they

are playing much better than Pitt at this point. He thinks Pitt peaked

early and that the Pats are just now starting to come into their own

especially on defense. he also pointed out that eventually the pats

secondary will get healthy. I agree with him, I really think that Pitt

loss was a fluke. No way it happens again.

Ugly :D Tuna

Eagles suck and are the Steelers biatches too.  Happy now?  B)

And to think that most of this thread could have been avoided if Swerski had only used the appropriate "not that there's anything wrong with that."    :D

580450[/snapback]

Thanks Squeeg, i was feeling left out. :D