[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Detroit Homers

Roadiedave

This is the best Mike McMahon gets for repesent here?

Kid's got moxy is fun to watch and is no worse than Harrington - he just wasn't a 3rd pick in the draft they feel forced to play!

605069[/snapback]

Man, ain't that the truth. Neither McMahon nor Harrington have played well. The difference is that McMahon has been exciting to watch while doing it. From my vantage point, Mornhinweg screwed this kid up pretty good when he took him from golden boy (starting him over Batch) to lowest form of life on the planet (watch any interaction between Moronweg and McMahon post-Harrington). I'm not sure that McMahon has the brains to overcome that, unfortunately.

Next year I'd like to see a completely open competition with Harrington (doesn't make a lot of sense to cut him until after next season), McMahon, and some passable veteren, like a Chris Chandler type.

edited to add: :D:DB)

Edited by Dr. Love

Maybe Garcia will be available as a "backup". He's familiar with the Mooch system. I think the closest Detroit will come to a QB change will be this way. They could sign a veteran to come in and give Joey some competition. They won't sign somebody to come in and be the starter right away... unless somebody unforeseen becomes available.

Maybe Garcia will be available as a "backup".  He's familiar with the Mooch system.  I think the closest Detroit will come to a QB change will be this way.  They could sign a veteran to come in and give Joey some competition.  They won't sign somebody to come in and be the starter right away... unless somebody unforeseen becomes available.

605277[/snapback]

This makes a lot of sense. I think Garcia stills has something left, if he's put in the right system.

This makes a lot of sense.  I think Garcia stills has something left, if he's put in the right system.

605319[/snapback]

I was thinking about that too, But I'm not to sold on him he could go either way.( as a matter of fact I think he does go both ways... :D ) But I think the Lions need to have an OPEN compatition for QB next yr.