[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Detroit Homers

Roadiedave

I agree that it will be Harrington.

Which is unfortunate.

Kitna or Brees would give the Lions a better shot to win.

Will will the future become the present for Joey?

604083[/snapback]

See, that's just the thing. Drew Brees and Joey Harrington have had practically identical career arcs, one year apart. How many Lions fans were calling for Brees last year, eh? You never know when a young QB is going to put everything together, and I'd say Harrington has shown at least as much this year as Brees showed last year, if not more. All Brees really needed was one consistent, legitimate receiving threat, and suddenly he's Unitas Reborn.

HMMMMMMMMMMM.

Peace

policy

Bears fan here. I'm recommending Johnathan Quinn. He won't have a job with the Bears much longer. He has a great arm... B)...he can scramble well... :D...and he would have total command of the Lion's offense. :D:D

I think it will be Harrington and that's who I want to see (unless for some reason the Colts release Manning). There were high expectations during preseason that I felt were unwarranted for this year given that all his skill position starters were rookies. Yeah I know, Charles Rogers is technically a second year player but has played less than the rookies. I think he will be very productive if the three (Williams, Rogers and Jones) are healthy next year.

However, Mariucci doesn't seem to be behind him 100%. The Lions owe him a $3 million bonus during the offseason if they keep him. I still think they will, but wouldn't be totally shocked if they let him go...

See, that's just the thing.  Drew Brees and Joey Harrington have had practically identical career arcs, one year apart.  How many Lions fans were calling for Brees last year, eh?  You never know when a young QB is going to put everything together, and I'd say Harrington has shown at least as much this year as Brees showed last year, if not more.  All Brees really needed was one consistent, legitimate receiving threat, and suddenly he's Unitas Reborn.

HMMMMMMMMMMM.

Peace

policy

604259[/snapback]

Brees had an identical career arc with anyone who sucked for their first 2 years. That doesn't mean that everyone who sucks will eventually be great if given enough time.

Todd Hons

In case you don't remember, he was the Lion's QB during the strike in '87 when the NFL used replacement players.  Bring him back, his numbers weren't any worse that Joey Ballgame. :D

604436[/snapback]

Hons - 43/92 (46.7%), 552 yds (6 yds att, 12.8 yds comp), 5 tds, 5 ints (11 comp/int %)

Harrington - 720/1327 (54.3%), 7301 yds (5.5 yds att, 10.14 yds comp), 44 td, 46 int (3.3 td %, 3.5 int %)

Hm, Harrington has the edge in comp % and int %, Hons had better yds comp and att and a higher td %.

I think you may be right.

Hons - 43/92 (46.7%), 552 yds (6 yds att, 12.8 yds comp), 5 tds, 5 ints (11 comp/int %)

Harrington - 720/1327 (54.3%), 7301 yds (5.5 yds att, 10.14 yds comp), 44 td, 46 int (3.3 td %, 3.5 int %)

Hm, Harrington has the edge in comp % and int %, Hons had better yds comp and att and a higher td %.

I think you may be right.

604976[/snapback]

Thats not a fair comparison, as Hons had better WRs and RBs than Harrington.

The Lions can't properly assess Joey until they sign Randy Moss, Marvin Harrison and Shaun Alexander. Anything else wouldn't be fair to Joey.

I mean, just look at all the QBs across the NFL who are not held accountable because they don't have sufficient "weapons."