[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is it time for the return of Mewelde ?

Lonestar39

Since the return of O. Smith and M. Bennet things haven't been that fluid with the game plan in Minnesota. I know the Moss injury has been a major part but it sure seemed like game planning with Mewelde worked a little better than these other guys at this point of the season.

Just wondering what you all thought... :D

I'm not a fan of the RBBC approach, not just from a Fantasy standpoint, but professionally. Every once in a while a RB might need to take a play off to rest, but I believe that they need to be in there for most if not all running plays in order to get warmed up and then find a groove against teh team they are playing.

I think that Onterrio is the best back Minnesota has (Moore is right behind him but still needs to learn blocking, etc.) but he won't be as productive as he could be until they stop the RBBC. That's my $0.02 on the situation.

I'm not a fan of the RBBC approach, not just from a Fantasy standpoint, but professionally.  Every once in a while a RB might need to take a play off to rest, but I believe that they need to be in there for most if not all running plays in order to get warmed up and then find a groove against teh team they are playing.

I think that Onterrio is the best back Minnesota has (Moore is right behind him but still needs to learn blocking, etc.) but he won't be as productive as he could be until they stop the RBBC.  That's my $0.02 on the situation.

607901[/snapback]

Here here! Smith is the better of the group. It would help if Tice and the OC could make up their minds on what the offense is hoping to accomplish. Smith is very good, but there are some really stupid play calls there that hurt him.

Yo Nick, you got a take on this?

607852[/snapback]

:D I don't get to see the games...

I can read the stat line, though. 14 carries for 56 yards (with one TD) looks like a 4.0 YPC, and 4 catches for 41 yards looks like a 10.25 YPC. Both are in the realm of what a team would want out of a featured back.

So I have to ask, why the limited touches? Is it the player(s) or the game plan?

:D  I don't get to see the games...

I can read the stat line, though.  14 carries for 56 yards (with one TD) looks like a 4.0 YPC, and 4 catches for 41 yards looks like a 10.25 YPC.  Both are in the realm of what a team would want out of a featured back.

So I have to ask, why the limited touches?  Is it the player(s) or the game plan?

607966[/snapback]

Oh, it's the game plan. Was just busting your balls a little. This has NOTHING to do with Onterrio Smith.

Oh, it's the game plan. Was just busting your balls a little. This has NOTHING to do with Onterrio Smith.

607970[/snapback]

I know. I guess it's just a bit frustrating because I have the hopes of several fantasy teams pinned to the likes of Culpepper, Moss, and O Smith.

:D What was I thinking?

One thing I will never understand about the Vikings and their late season swoons is that it always has to do with THEM, not what other teams are doing against them.

Their offense works great in the beginning of the year when they're running it wide-open style... then they get ahead in the standings, and all of the sudden, Tice becomes Mr. conservative, run first, throw conservative passes and don't challenge too much downfield. I just don't get it... it's like they switch to trying to be a ball control team and win with defense, when they don't have the defense to do it with. :D