[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Drumroll....

Marauders11

Some speculation and info from the local sports radio:

TO went to a doctor in Maryland. One, maybe two, torn ligaments in the inside of his ankle. Severity is being determined with the second evaluation and whether or not surgery is required. If surgery is required, he is done for the season. If not, he will probably miss the first playoff game at a minimum. All unconfirmed at this point, but not good news. :D

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Some speculation and info from the local sports radio:

TO went to a doctor in Maryland.  One, maybe two, torn ligaments in the inside of his ankle.  Severity is being determined with the second evaluation and whether or not surgery is required.  If surgery is required, he is done for the season.  If not, he will probably miss the first playoff game at a minimum.  All unconfirmed at this point, but not good news. :D

622571[/snapback]

Ugh! that's what I was worried about, keep it coming Hugh.

This is what I was afraid of. The way his ankle twisted, I thought he broke it. When I heard there was no break, I figured he must have torn some ligaments. Your ankle just isn't supposed to bend that way.

Edited by CaptainHook

I just eamiled Eskin from 610 WIP, and asked him what the latest is. Will let you know.

That's the source I got my info from.  He's on the air now, so once he gets anything he'll announce it on the air.

622598[/snapback]

I know him so I emailed him.

His response: He's got torn ligiments. Same as I reported last night on sports final. Got it confirmed today.

May be back for second playoff game.

NSab -  the king of bling!

622616[/snapback]

Not me, I wish.

More than a grade 1 tear, he says grade 2, 50% tear of at least one ligament maybe 2.

His guess: He imagines TO wants another opinion.

News conference at 4 o'clock.

Edited by NSab

Is there any confirmation beyond the radio show? I checked the web site for 610 but nothing is there and so far I have been unable to locate anything written about it or that I could personally listen to.

Is there any confirmation beyond the radio show? I checked the web site for 610 but nothing is there and so far I have been unable to located anything written about it or that I could personally listen to.

622636[/snapback]

No this is all still speculation until the press conference. I didn't hear the 4:00 time announced. Will keep you posted.

Is there any confirmation beyond the radio show? I checked the web site for 610 but nothing is there and so far I have been unable to locate anything written about it or that I could personally listen to.

622636[/snapback]

I have his email , i don't want to post it publicly.

He's got torn ligiments. Same as I reported last night on sports final. Got it confirmed today.

May be back for second playoff game.

-----Original Message-----

Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 15:13:47

To:heskin@------------------

Subject: Question

I am listening while at work, what's the word on TO

Thanks

Nick

Nick's Minutman Press

Phone: 610-544-1998

Fax: 610-544-2888

Cell: 610-662-2257

Howard Eskin

WIP SportsRadio/

WCAU-TV

I see the 4 PM conference. I assume that is Eastern which would make it in 30 minutes.

622640[/snapback]

They will have the Trainer on @ 4 for the news conference.

I'm also listening to sports talk radio (Mike and the Mad Dog in NY) and they are speculating that it can't be good as well. Their take is why schedule a press conference to announce that he's ok. They compared it to a university holding a press conference to announce that a coach is staying...it doesn't happen. If there is a press conference it's because the coach is leaving. Same logic they applied here, since they are having a press conference, it can't be good news. I know it's just speculation, but hard to argue with the logic of it. Sorry Eagles fans, T.O. really seemed like he could help get them over the hump this year.

IF he can make it back for the 2nd game , we should be OK.

I'm also listening to sports talk radio (Mike and the Mad Dog in NY) and they are speculating that it can't be good as well.  Their take is why schedule a press conference to announce that he's ok.  They compared it to a university holding a press conference to announce that a coach is staying...it doesn't happen.  If there is a press conference it's because the coach is leaving.  Same logic they applied here, since they are having a press conference, it can't be good news.  I know it's just speculation, but hard to argue with the logic of it.  Sorry Eagles fans, T.O. really seemed like he could help get them over the hump this year.

622678[/snapback]

I agree that it probably isn't great news, BUT the reason for the press conference is because during the normal Monday PC at 12pm the club told the media that they would be back in a few hours to discuss T.O.'s injury- there wasn't enough information available at 12. The club has to adress the isuse and they were not able to do so earlier....