[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Should Darius be suspended ?

Cheeselanders

I think he should be held liable, what ever the $.

I think he should be suspended for twice as many games as Fergy is out!

Even his own players were screaming at him on the sidelines!

I think it's worthy of $20,000 and a 1-game suspension. As I said in the other thread, that just shouldn't be a defensive "technique". I'm sure a doctor could explain easily Ferguson could have been permanently paralyzed. Realistically, a full-strength arm swing like that could break somebody's neck and kill them.

If that's one of Darius's "techniques", then it's his responsibility to NEVER allow something like that to happen. If he misses and someone gets hurt, he should expect to be fined and suspended.

Edited by Swiss Cheezhead

I think it's worthy of $20,000 and a 1-game suspension. As I said in the other thread, that just shouldn't be a defensive "technique". I'm sure a doctor could explain easily Ferguson could have been permanently paralyzed. Realistically, a full-strength arm swing like that could break somebody's neck and kill them.

If that's one of Darius's "techniques", then it's his responsibility to NEVER allow something like that to happen. If he misses and someone gets hurt, he shouldn't be expect to be fined and suspended.

622473[/snapback]

You make fair and valid points SC, but I'd still have to think it was a reaction, not intentional, and if that's the case a fine should be sufficient. JMHO.

My thoughts are...

Football is a Contact Sport!

Maybe he meant to closeline him maybe he didnt....We will never really know. The hit kinda reminds of J Tatum, S Atwater, R Lott, L Hayes, type hitting....these guys all played like it was their last game!!!!!!! If Darius continues to play (hit) like he did yesterday and through out the rest of his career he will labled "dirty" but will join the aforementionted players in the hall of fame!!!!!

Just to be clear -- I don't think he intended to HURT Fergy. However, the move itself was intentional, as Darius later stated. And I've seen enough of Darius to know that he's a high-octane, hit-somebody-ask-questions-later type of player. This is the kind of thing that occasionally happens when you play the game that way and he shouldn't be surprised to be suspended.

My thoughts are...

Football is a Contact Sport!

Maybe he meant to closeline him maybe he didnt....We will never really know. The hit kinda reminds of J Tatum, S Atwater, R Lott, L Hayes, type hitting....these guys all played like it was their last game!!!!!!! If Darius continues to play (hit) like he did yesterday and through out the rest of his career he will labled "dirty" but will join the aforementionted players in the hall of fame!!!!!

622496[/snapback]

Only Lott of those players is in the Hall of Fame, and he was never a dirty player