[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Any info on McNabb playing time?

dolphz

Hey all you Pjilly homers, any info on how much playing time McNabb is going to get this week? I would think they need to play him a lot to get the offense in synch for the playoffs (its been pretty pathetic the last couple weeks and TO's departure makes it even more desperate). Whats the word/hunch/rumour/etc...??

Thanks

All indications around Philly are that no one, not even Reid, knows how much playing time the starters will get. Interviews with the players during the week don't shed any more light on this either. Reid has apparently been struggling with this for the past couple of weeks now and most recently he has been saying that the regulars would start and that they'd take it from there. It also appears that the TO injury will impact his course of action.

The offense will need to resynch a bit with the 'new' receivers stepping in to fill the void left by TO's injury. From my perspective, that would mean some game time work with McNabb. At this point in time, weighing injury risk to the playing sharp factor, I would guess that McNabb plays about 1/2 in each of these last two games.

At the same time, I would think that Westbrook sees very little playing time in these last two games. Outside of McNabb, he is our biggest playmaker and he appears to be a higher injury risk than McNabb. When he is in, I would think that you'd see him running more around the ends than up the middle and used as a receiver.

I'd stay away from both McNabb and Westbrook if I had any other possible subs to use.

Good luck!

If this is true, it is a HUGE mistake. . .

630359[/snapback]

They could try to avoid injuring a player so much they will end up getting injured. Especially if Westbrook doesn't see any playing time.

EDIT: I just think they should get more time in than just one quarter (maybe three quarters of this week's game) to see how they can work the offense w/o T.O. in there.

BUT, then again, if McNabb or Westbrook gets hurt playing the rest of the regular season, Reid will get hammered with huge criticism for letting it happen.

Edited by Gunther