[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Chargers

Bill Swerski

I must say I was doubtful about how for real the Chargers were. Not anymore.

I'm still wondering why, after the Colts made it an 8 point game with 4 minutes left, the Bolts go for a 15 yard pass play on first down stopping the clock. Of course, I'm from the school of "you are an NFL team with a 15 pt lead in the middle of the fourth quarter and you should never lose those games no matter who you are facing" school of thought. Manning and the Colts are explosive but there is absolutely no excuse for special teams breakdown and not running more of the clock out at the end of the game.

With that said, a good game and I am now a believer that the Chargers are contenders....not pretenders!

yep. I was lucky enough to see the Pitt/Bal, Giants/Cin game here...

632210[/snapback]

yeah, me too. Why would denver get those games instead of one of the biggest of the year?

I won my SB with brees, LT, Gates and kaeding starting. I benced the SD Def.

Thats alot of what I would expect in a Steeler /Colt game too steeler....the Colts can play from the ends but not up the middle and that is exactly where I would expect the steelers to attack all day long.

632750[/snapback]

Bettis against June and Doss will not be a pretty sight for Colts fans fo sho.The TOP margin would likely be something ridiculous like 38 to 22, but Peyton will do enough damage in the limited possessions to keep it close. It'll be a classic all the way, but the Steelers will run out the clock with a 9 minute drive at the end. :D

Don't forget---> in addition to Peyton's record there were TWO other records broken in that game!! LT broke the consecutive-game TD record for RB's, and Gates got the new record for season TD's by a TE. Unbelievable performances in a great game!

632086[/snapback]

Yesterday we witnessed one of the all-time great Colts Games. I love the fact that I was there to witness it live.

But while mentioning records let's not forget the other record that the Colts reached this week as it may prove to be the hardest to break, Stokely joined Wayne & Harrison at 1000 yds & 10 TD's on the season.

3 WR from the same team over 1000 yds & 10 TDs in the same season is simply amazing.

And when Edge gets a TD next week he will be the 4th player from the same team (not counting the QB) to get to 10 TD's on the year to go with his more than 2100 yds from scrimmage.

And Honorable Mention's to Clark and Pollard for 2 TE's from the same team with at least 5 TD's in the same season.

Man, what a team!

This whole thread is nothing more than bs patronizing by Colts fans.

The Chargers were up 31-16 in the 4th quarter.

San Diego - If you think you're a legitimate team, you HAVE to win that game.

This was a major choke, and shows that the Chargers are not a big time team. When you have an opponent down by 15 in the 4th quarter, you step on their throat. I don't care who they are.

The only reason Swerski and Hook started this complimentary thread to the Chargers is because they're Colts fans and they hope they run into the Chargers again in the post season because they know they'll beat the hell out of them.

San Diego is not a contender.

If I don't think you are a contender, I'll tell you you're not.

The Chargers are a very good team with a SCARY running back. LdT is awesome. Brees is making very few mistakes, and the defense is very solid. Gates is unguardable by defensive backs. I think that the Chargers are VERY capable of beating any team in the AFC, even if it is on the road.

Yes, the Colts were resting some guys. Starting guard DeMulling, safeties Bob Sanders and Idrees Bashir, and tight end Marcus Pollard did not play. Corner Nick Harper left the game early with a back strain. Do I think the Colts would beat the Chargers if they faced in the play-offs again? Yes. Especially since they now have a better feel for the Chargers. All the guys I mentioned should be back by the start of the play-offs. As I said earlier, the Colts hurt themselves too. Two catchable TD passes were dropped, one by Dallas Clark and and one by Reggie Wayne, as well as a missed FG. But do I think the Chargers are pretenders? No.

If I don't think you are a contender, I'll tell you you're not.

The Chargers are a very good team with a SCARY running back.  LdT is awesome.  Brees is making very few mistakes, and the defense is very solid.  Gates is unguardable by defensive backs.  I think that the Chargers are VERY capable of beating any team in the AFC, even if it is on the road.

Yes, the Colts were resting some guys.  Starting guard DeMulling, safeties Bob Sanders and Idrees Bashir, and tight end Marcus Pollard did not play.  Corner Nick Harper left the game early with a back strain.  Do I think the Colts would beat the Chargers if they faced in the play-offs again?  Yes.  Especially since they now have a better feel for the Chargers.  All the guys I mentioned should be back by the start of the play-offs.  As I said earlier, the Colts hurt themselves too.  Two catchable TD passes were dropped, one by Dallas Clark and and one by Reggie Wayne, as well as a missed FG.  But do I think the Chargers are pretenders?  No.

633076[/snapback]

I can't recall a Superbowl winner that blew a 15 point 4th quarter lead this late in the season. Therefore, I don't consider the Chargers to be serious contenders at this point.

If anyone can remind me of a team that pulled this kind of choke-job this late in the season, then rebounded to win the Superbowl, I'd appreciate it.

I can't recall a Superbowl winner that blew a 15 point 4th quarter lead this late in the season.  Therefore, I don't consider the Chargers to be serious contenders at this point.

If anyone can remind me of a team that pulled this kind of choke-job this late in the season, then rebounded to win the Superbowl, I'd appreciate it.

633083[/snapback]

By that completely arbitrary, narrow definition that you came up with, I guess the Chargers are not a contender(if infact your 'recollection' is factual).

In most sane and football-savvy peoples' minds, however, they've proven they belong and will be in the thick of things come play-offs.

This whole thread is nothing more than bs patronizing by Colts fans.

The Chargers were up 31-16 in the 4th quarter.

San Diego - If you think you're a legitimate team, you HAVE to win that game.

This was a major choke, and shows that the Chargers are not a big time team.  When you have an opponent down by 15 in the 4th quarter, you step on their throat.  I don't care who they are.

The only reason Swerski and Hook started this complimentary thread to the Chargers is because they're Colts fans and they hope they run into the Chargers again in the post season because they know they'll beat the hell out of them.

San Diego is not a contender.

633067[/snapback]

Let's not be too harsh on the Bolts. They were on the road against a team that had won 7 straight games and it still took a Kick return for a TD and a conversion on 4th down & 5 and a 2 point conversion just for the Colts to tie it up.

For a team that was ready to scrap their starting QB for a rookie and start all over again I would say they are doing very well.

They are definitely one of the top 3 or 4 teams in the AFC.