[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Feel free to move this topic

devilwoman

I just would like to encourage people to give to the relief effort in SE Asia. Go to your local Red Cross Center or many banks are setting up relief funds for the people in the area. Normally I never ask people to give, but this more than anything has really touched my heart....Thanks!!

I personally donated some money by going to Amazon.com where they allow you to very easily charge your credit card through your amazon account. It is very simple and easy and gets them the money immediately. It is a tragedy on an unimagineable scale and any donation is greatly needed and worth doing if you can. The 911 tragedy was a big hit on us as americans but the tsunami event is something that effects us all as members of the human race.

Donated through Red Cross. It's ureal the devastation that these people are witnessing. Give what you can give because they need it. The U.S is getting a bad shake on this cause they (the media) are only talking about the intial spoken pledge but dont for a minute think that our country wont bear the greatest financial obligation! It's what we do when people all over the world need our help. God Bless the people of South East Asia!

cool story here on the local news last night. 2 young boys ( around 10 I believe) wanted to donates some money for the relief fund. their parents suggested that they should each auction off one of their X-mas presents & have the proceeds go to the Tsunami victoms. One kid put up a erector set..... the other a puzzle.

The erector sets' high bid now stands @ $300....... the puzzle is @ $75. :eek: Pretty cool idea by this family....... ever cooler that someone would bid that ammount of cash. :D

On a side note...... Bill & Melinda Gates just donated 5.5 million.

On a side note...... Bill & Melinda Gates just donated 5.5 million.

637535[/snapback]

Great story of the two kids donating their chrismas toys...and bless Bill and Melinda, I hope others like them follow suit. For those of us who sock away our taxable allowance for our Roth IRA's at the beginning of each year...a thought of giving a % of "something we will not miss" will be blessed. These poor people have nothing to sock away.

We went through the Red Cross site online. Very quick and easy. :D

Just a thought, for some of you who work at decent-sized companies: check to see if your company will match your donation.

636958[/snapback]

:D

Yes absolutely, please check with the your company...on the unicef site it has a place to plug in your company to see if they match you donation. If so there is a contact person and the process necessary to get your contribution matched. My company matches 2:1. That is so cool. Using the crappy shoes from spammers moto: JUST DO IT.

USA just increased from $35 million to $350 million... call us stingy now.

I did $50 on amazon.com a few days ago when it was at $600,000.. they're up to $8.4 million just from there now!

637639[/snapback]

I hope that isn't why it was increased. Actually he didn't name any country as stingy, but it was taken that way. He was also talking qabout Europe and Japan. Japan pledged $500M yesterday. They often donate money too. Hope it continues and we send carriers to the area with choppers. Thwe world joining together like this can be good for all of us in solving problems.

Those people have been so devastated, it's hard to even comprehend. Even worse than AIDS in Africa.