[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If your team could play any team ...

Kansas State 2000

I would love for the 'canes to play an in-form Irish team in Southbend. We used to play them every year until the early nineties when the series was cancelled by them. I wouldn't want to play them as they are now, but as a national power like they used to be.

Also I'd like to play Mich., OU, and Texas.

I'd like to see KSU come to Miami for a game as well. I've got some great bars to bring my bud KS2000 to when he comes for the game. head_ban

I'd love to see my Badgers added to Notre Dame's schedule. The ND-Mich, ND-Mich St, ND-Purdue series always seems to produce at least one or two great games every year.

Actually I'd love for ND to be the Big Ten's #12. I don't quite get why that hasn't happened already... seems mutually beneficial.

BT West: MN, IA, WI, IL, NW, ND

BT East: MI, MSU, PSU, Pur, IND, OSU

Kansas State 2000:

... which team would it be?

Kansas State - I'd love to play Miami Fla. in Miami.

Uhhh... No you wouldn't.

Don't be embarrassed that your favorite team wants NO PART in SEEKING stiff (hell, how about moderate) competition. And be honest, you would CRY LOUDLY on this message board that KSU's schedule was SO DIFFICULT if that were the case. KSU HIDES from, not hunts competition.

I'd like to see MN play anybody in their pre-Big 10 schedule. Going 4-0 vs nobody, then 3-5 in your conference should not assure you of a bowl game. However, if the Gophers played a slightly tougher schedule to start the season, they would gain more respect with a 7-5 or 8-4 season. Even if they had to go on the road to do so, I think it would benefit them in the long run. They proved last week, once again at PSU, that they can win on the road. And, last year, they proved they can beat decent non-conference opponents by whipping Arkansas in their bowl game. Probably not many of you interested in MN, but that's just my 2 cents worth.

Personally, I like MN. I hope they have a kick-ass year!

There is nothing wrong with a weak non-conference schedule. I just grow tired (and then irate with time) when fans of teams like KSU, which ALWAYS choose this route, year-in and year-out, talk "smack" prematurely, year-in and year-out, and the BRAIN-DEAD media, year-in and year-out, go along with the LUNACY (reflected in the polls), only to see them... GET... "SMACKED" when they play ANY team with even raisin-sized balls.

I wish Minnesota lots-of-luck this year!

davearm

Actually I'd love for ND to be the Big Ten's #12.  I don't quite get why that hasn't happened already... seems mutually beneficial.

Because ND already has a nationwide recruiting profile, great tv contract, and a de facto BCS berth WITHOUT being affilliated with a conference.

They would fit nicely in the Big Ten, but it's just not going to happen, unless ND football suffers some sort of serious and sustained decline. What's funny is that historically, ND wanted to be in the Big Ten (read Shake Down the Thunder) up until Rockne really got ND football rolling; but anti-Catholic bias and Chers like Fritz Crisler held them to standards for admission that most Big Ten teams didn't meet. It actually contributed to the (reportedly) high academic standards and "Fortress Notre Dame" mentality that endures to this day.

Which sucks, because as much as I loathe the Irish, they're such a natural fit for the Big Ten in tradition, playing style, and geography, that it's a shame they never joined.

I'd love to see us get a hold of Penn State. We are already recruiting well in PA, and after we CREAM JoPa, our recruiting would go through the roof!

Other teams on the list:

ND

Michigan

Michigan State

Nebraska

Florida

Texas (Sugar Bowl was NICE)

Kansas State

Those are the teams right now I would love to see around BCS bowl time. (Hopefully after we lose to Miami we will get a BCS bid and play one of these teams!)

Teams I don't want to play:

Florida State, Tenn, Oklahoma, Ohio State

I would like to see the Canes play N.D., Nebaska, Alabama, Penn State,all those clasic matchups from the 80's. This is the main reason I would like a playoff, not just because of the fairness it would bring but that teams that you don't see play each other every year would get to. There would be old school games being played today, and the story lines would be great.

GoldenGopherFan:

I'd like to see MN play anybody in their pre-Big 10 schedule.  Going 4-0 vs nobody, then 3-5 in your conference should not assure you of a bowl game.  However, if the Gophers played a slightly tougher schedule to start the season, they would gain more respect with a 7-5 or 8-4 season.  Even if they had to go on the road to do so, I think it would benefit them in the long run.  They proved last week, once again at PSU, that they can win on the road.  And, last year, they proved they can beat decent non-conference opponents by whipping Arkansas in their bowl game.  Probably not many of you interested in MN, but that's just my 2 cents worth.

Yes I would like to see the Gophers play ANYBODY besides Southwestern New Mexico Tech. State A&M. ANYBODY in the top 200!

ton_of_b

Sorry momentary meltdown...

My wish list:

Nebraska - that would be cool

Texas - would also be very cool

any PAC 10 team

QUOTE]Originally posted by Dazed and Confused:

Personally, I like MN. I hope they have a kick-ass year!

There is nothing wrong with a weak non-conference schedule. I just grow tired (and then irate with time) when fans of teams like KSU, which ALWAYS choose this route, year-in and year-out, talk "smack" prematurely, year-in and year-out, and the BRAIN-DEAD media, year-in and year-out, go along with the LUNACY (reflected in the polls), only to see them... GET... "SMACKED" when they play ANY team with even raisin-sized balls.

I wish Minnesota lots-of-luck this year!

That's the problem, Minnesta DOES alway choose a soft non-conf. schedule. That's how they started 7-1 last year, only to finish 8-5. If you want to be cynical, you could say they schedule powder-puff non-conf. games just to pad their record and fraud their way to a bowl game.

In any case, a decent non-conference schedule would go a long way to improving the Gopher program long term.

I say we start with Nebraska! thumbs_u

(Florida State fan)

Considering the teams we've already played over the years - I'd like to see the Noles in a home-and-home with Texas. Other choices would be LSU and Alabama... A bonus with these picks would be my perception of the female student bodies at these schools... thumbs_u