[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Lewis out with Broken Wrist

gspot

Before the season, many people were discussing the Madden curse and Billick commented he wished Ray had chosen not to do the cover. Granted, its the end of the season, but he was injured, which means the curse lives on.

00- Eddie George

01- C-Pep

02- Faulk

03- Vick

04- Lewis

Ravens' R. Lewis misses season finale with broken wrist

Jan. 02, 2005

SportsLine.com wire reports

BALTIMORE -- Ray Lewis was inactive for the Ravens' regular-season finale game against Miami on Sunday because of a broken right wrist.

The Pro Bowl linebacker injured his wrist two weeks ago against Indianapolis but still played against Pittsburgh last Sunday. Lewis broke his wrist again against the Steelers and did not practice during the week.

Lewis, whose 200 tackles leads the Ravens, has not been inactive since a shoulder injury forced him to miss a game Nov. 11, 2002. He went on injured reserve the following week and missed the rest of the season.

Cornerback Deion Sanders (foot) and tight end Todd Heap (ankle) were among Baltimore's other inactive players.

http://money.cnn.com/2004/05/07/commentary.../column_gaming/

I apologize if I missed a previous post!

Edited by gspot

Manning keeper league owners beware!!!!!!

I do not have official sources to back this up, but it is to my knowledge that the reason why manning hasn't been on the cover yet was because he had a contact responsiblity to another company..i think nfl fever....ANYWAYS...with ea sports having total right over the video game football industry..I GUARANTEE Manning will be on the cover of madden 2006.

That's right!  I'd forgotten all about the Madden curse.  Wow.  It strikes again.

640114[/snapback]

With this umblemished track record, I expect some players may avoid the cover.

I'm not buying it. It was one game, the last game with about a 5% chance of making the playoffs. Lewis played last week with the injury, on the road against Pittsburgh. Had this game been a must win like that one, I bet he plays.

You're reaching on this.

I'm not buying it.  It was one game, the last game with about a 5% chance of making the playoffs.  Lewis played last week with the injury, on the road against Pittsburgh.  Had this game been a must win like that one, I bet he plays.

You're reaching on this.

640449[/snapback]

Hey, just because he played, does not mean he was 100% or made the impact on the game he would have, if healthy. According to the article, he broke the rist against the Steelers in a must-win game and you can't tell me a hard hitting LB is the same with a broken wrist.

He was injured, as all the other players on the cover. May not be as severe has Vick, but Faulk missed a few games and has never been the same since.

Where exactly is the reach? Was he not injured? Did he not miss a game? Was he 100%?

Actually he broke the wrist against the Colts on Sunday Night Football.  It got bent completely backwards.  It was nasty.  I guess he aggravated it the next week.

The curse lives.

640634[/snapback]

Certainly seems so. The best player being injured for three of the team's biggest games, is almost enough to give you a chill. Don't reall know what Big Red isn't buying.

Another year, another Madden related injury. They may have to resort to putting John or Al Michaels on the cover.

Certainly seems so.  The best player being injured for three of the team's biggest games, is almost enough to give you a chill.  Don't reall know what Big Red isn't buying.

Another year, another Madden related injury.  They may have to resort to putting John or Al Michaels on the cover.

640812[/snapback]

what about Pretty Boy Tom Brady :D wouldnt she make a good cover :D

I, Big Red, am here to admit that I was foolish to think that my team of criminals, the Baltimore Ratbirds, could compete with the all-mighty Pittsburgh Steelers. Now that the Steelers have knocked my pathetic, over-rated team out of the playoffs, I now devote all of my fandom to the next Super Bowl Chamipons, the Pittsburgh Steelers. I look at their team with extreme envy. They have the best rookie QB to ever play, a great running game, and the league's best defense. They will dominate us and the rest of the division for years to come. They also have a great, classy coach and we have an arrogant, bumbling idiot. Congrats to the Steelers and all of their fans, they are truly the best there is. Yoi !!!! We've Got A Feeling, Pittsburgh's Going To The Super Bowl !!!!! HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO !!!!!!

:D

what about Pretty Boy Tom Brady :D wouldnt she make a good cover  :D

640827[/snapback]

The Patriots would never allow it.

I am thinking TO for next year! They always choose the player who seems to be experiencing the most "hype" heading into the off season.

That said, manning, TO, LT, or the Priest are my bets!

I, Big Red, am here to admit that I was foolish to think that my team of criminals, the Baltimore Ratbirds, could compete with the all-mighty Pittsburgh Steelers. Now that the Steelers have knocked my pathetic, over-rated team out of the playoffs, I now devote all of my fandom to the next Super Bowl Chamipons, the Pittsburgh Steelers. I look at their team with extreme envy. They have the best rookie QB to ever play, a great running game, and the league's best defense. They will dominate us and the rest of the division for years to come. They also have a great, classy coach and we have an arrogant, bumbling idiot. Congrats to the Steelers and all of their fans, they are truly the best there is. Yoi !!!! We've Got A Feeling, Pittsburgh's Going To The Super Bowl !!!!! HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO !!!!!!

:D

640882[/snapback]

<cartman>Screw you hippie!!!!</cartman>