[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jim Harbaugh

Bill Swerski

Jim Harbaugh was inducted into the Colts Ring of Honor during halftime today. I was kind of puzzled by this move. Harbaugh was a decent QB, had a great season in '95, and is a pretty likeable person... but outside of that, I'm not really sure why he was put in the same class as a guy like Eric Dickerson. :D

but outside of that, I'm not really sure why he was put in the same class as a guy like Eric Dickerson.  :D

647736[/snapback]

Also - Dickerson's not even there.

"Harbaugh, now the head coach at the University of San Diego, will join wide receiver Bill Brooks and offensive tackle Chris Hinton in the ring.

Former Head Coach Ted Marchibroda, who coached Harbaugh in 1994 and 1995, also is in the Ring of Honor, as is late Owner Robert Irsay, the father of Jim Irsay. "

If 4 seasons on the team - none of which he started all 16 games - 1 playoff appearance, and 46 TDs in 56 games isn't enough to get you immortalized forever, then what is?

647747[/snapback]

C'mon, Captain Comeback took them further in the playoffs than Manning. :D

Actually, I think he was just inducted earlier this year.  Or perhaps my memory is failing me?

647764[/snapback]

Now that I think about it, I believe that Dickerson was inducted into the Rams' Ring of Honor (or whatever their equivalent is called) earlier this year. But I'm almost certain that I remember seeing Dickerson's name along the edge of the upper deck in the RCA Dome.

I thought Dickerson was there as well. I swear I remember him being honored at halftime last year. We had the same discussion at the game today. Since I could not see the names on my side of the stadium, I'm not positive he's not there, but several guys around me said Dickerson is not in the Colts Ring Of Honor.

As for Harbaugh, I agree. I don't think he belongs. But with the lack of good Colts throught the 80's and 90's, I understand it. His season in 1995 brought the Colts back to life in Indianapolis.

Didn't Harbaugh get them "one play" from the SuperBowl?

647819[/snapback]

He sure did. It was the year the Steelers beat him in the AFC championship game to play Dallas in the Super Bowl. I still remember that last hail-mary play. :bigshock:

The only thing I could find on the Indianapolis Colts' Ring of Honor was from the Pro Football Hall of Fame site:

Indianapolis Colts Ring of Honor

The Colts' Ring of Honor at RCA Dome is generally for accomplishments since the team's 1984 move to Indianapolis.

Bill Brooks, WR

Chris Hinton, T

Robert Irsay, Owner

Ted Marchibroda, Coach

I've never been inside the RCA Dome so I have no clue on whether Dickerson is there. I would ASSume this is up to date except for Harbaugh's recent addition.