[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Brett your not 26 any more

quiveringnorm

Favre is a Hall of Famer and a top 10 QB of all time. However, out of the top 10 QB's of all time he is without a doubt the most stupid(outside of Bradshaw). You would think with all of his experience he would have learned to tame the demons inside of him. He needs to realize that if he is going to continue playing he needs to rely less on his big arm and more on good decision making. Just my opinion.

Having followed Manning's career in Indy, I can definitely say that it's difficult for a QB to not throw INTs when his defense can't stop the other team. Brett was definitely put in a situation where he needed to force the ball a couple times. But there's no excuse for 4 INTs against the Vikes defense and that stupid backhanded pass five yards past the line of scrimmage.

Having followed Manning's career in Indy, I can definitely say that it's difficult for a QB to not throw INTs when his defense can't stop the other team.  Brett was definitely put in a situation where he needed to force the ball a couple times.  But there's no excuse for 4 INTs against the Vikes defense and that stupid backhanded pass five yards past the line of scrimmage.

649383[/snapback]

Driver slowed up on a slant route for one INT. Another happened when Walker decided to turn a crossing route into a post route. He forced one into a tight spot (to an undrafted FA WR that had only been with the team for 2-3 weeks) that got tipped up in the air and intercepted. For the fourth he just flat out either underthrew the ball or threw it too late, because Chatman appeared to have his man beat initially.

I know he's Brett Favre and he gets the credit when they win so he'll get the blame when they lose, but I just feel there were a lot of factors that went into the offense underperforming on Sunday. It wasn't just Brett not playing well. Once again it seemed whenever they'd get a drive going a penalty would kill it. They lost Walker to injury and were forced to shuffle the o-line due to another injury. The WRs didn't do Brett any favors by running some poor routes.

I just don't think it is fair to say Brett cost them this game. The team as a whole didn't play very well outside of the 3rd Qtr in which the defense played its best football since opening weekend.

But there's no excuse for 4 INTs against the Vikes defense and that stupid backhanded pass five yards past the line of scrimmage.

649383[/snapback]

Did you see him grinning after that play? It's like he thought it was hilarious that he did that. He keeps running with the ball and he gets darn close to the endzone, but he decides to take a penaly for yards and loss of down to force a FG try instead of another shot at a TD.

Edited by Whiskey Pimp

Did you see him grinning after that play?  It's like he thought it was hilarious that he did that.  He keeps running with the ball and he gets darn close to the endzone, but he decides to take a penaly for yards and loss of down to force a FG try instead of another shot at a TD.

649686[/snapback]

I really think he was grinning because he realized what a dumb thing he did after the fact. He had three Vikings around him (IIRC) and he would not have even made the first down at the two yard line (he threw the pass at the five yard line).

He had three Vikings around him (IIRC) and he would not have even made the first down at the two yard line (he threw the pass at the five yard line).

650986[/snapback]

So he doesn't make the first down, so what? That play was second down and because he got "cute" with that toss, he cost them another chance at the TD on third down and they had to settle for a FG.

So he doesn't make the first down, so what?  That play was second down and because he got "cute" with that toss, he cost them another chance at the TD on third down and they had to settle for a FG.

651199[/snapback]

Actually, that was the third down play. The penalty also came with a loss of down, making it fourth down from the Minnesota 10, which led to a FG try.

So he doesn't make the first down, so what?  That play was second down and because he got "cute" with that toss, he cost them another chance at the TD on third down and they had to settle for a FG.

I didn't post this well enough in my post, if Favre had not made the pass, it would have been fourth down anyway.

Now if he would have just stepped out of bounds, at least the clock would have stopped with about a 4th and 2 situation instead of 4th and 8. Would this have enticed Sherman to go for it with only 20 seconds left in the half, who knows.

I certainly wasn't trying to imply that what Favre did was a good thing.

Also, it was a FG try, Longwell hooked the 28-yard attempt wide left. So, unfortunately, they did not even get the three points.

Edited by Gunther