[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Lamont Jordan

Liverlips

Have him in a keeper league and I'm praying he goes to the Raiders. Any speculations or honest humble oppinions? How many teams will be looking for a new back? Thanks in return.

653522[/snapback]

My honest, humble opinion is that the Jets won't let him go. Whether they franchise him or whatever, I think they're fully aware that (i) C-Mart doesn't have much left in the tank and (ii) Jordan is a special back. If Herm is anything, it's not stupid.

No way the Jets franchise Jordan. Curtis Martin just won the rushing title, is a leader on the team, and is paid more than $6 million/year for the next two years. Therefore, Jordan is not going to be the starter next year. There is no way you pay your second string half-back top-5 money at his position (which is what is required if you franchise someone.) So, unfortunately for the Jets, he is going to become an unrestricted free agent and I am quite certain some other team will offer him more to be their starter than the Jets will offer him to be their back-up.

They could make him a transition player, but that would still require paying him top 10 money at his position - still too much for a back-up. Another team could then make Jordan an offer, and the Jets would have the right of first refusal to either match the offer or let him go. Like I said, another team will offer him starter-type money and the Jets won't be able to match it. They can't afford to have over $12 million of cap money tied up at the half-back position. So, they'll have to get a relatively low priced back-up for a couple of years until Curtis' deal is up.

The ballsy thing to do would be to sign Jordan, then trade Martin. I could see Parcells picking up the $6 million/year to be reunited with Martin. But the Jets would never do that.

I see Jordan going to Miami, Oakland or Seattle. Or maybe Indy if they can't re-sign Edge.

Edited by Vet

My honest, humble opinion is that the Jets won't let him go.  Whether they franchise him or whatever, I think they're fully aware that (i) C-Mart doesn't have much left in the tank and (ii) Jordan is a special back.  If Herm is anything, it's not stupid.

653526[/snapback]

i) CMart is going to be coming off a career year (in a very stellar career).

ii) "special backs" don't get limited to 262 carries over 4 seasons.

If you're Jordan, you want to get a starting job somewhere. If you're the Jets, you're not going to pay out the franchise tag on a backup RB for 1 season.

No way the Jets franchise Jordan. There is no way you pay your second string half-back top-5 money at his position (which is what is required if you franchise someone.) 

653558[/snapback]

ii) "special backs" don't get limited to 262 carries over 4 seasons.

If you're Jordan, you want to get a starting job somewhere. If you're the Jets, you're not going to pay out the franchise tag on a backup RB for 1 season.

653564[/snapback]

These guys said just about everything I was thinking. No conceivable way the Jets will franchise Jordan. While he has looked pretty good at times, it would be quite a reach to say he has shown that he is "special"...I've never seen that out of him.

Jordan wants to be a starter and he deserves that opportunity, its just very unlikely to come with the Jets. The Raiders have liked him for years, they've actually attempted to trade for him several times within the last 2 seasons...in my opinion, they have to be considered the early favorite to sign him in the off-season should he decide to leave the Jets, which is highly probable.

Guys - CMart is old. Yes - he had an excellent season, but he's got simple science to deal with and the Jets need to start preparing for the future. Only reason I mentioned the franchise is that I read somewhere that the Jets are actually considering it . . . I would assume they would end up trading CMart or something else like that in the off chance that they actually franchised Jordan (which would be pretty foolish if it wasn't part of some grander scheme).

Special backs certainly do get limited to 262 carries over 4 seasons . . . when they're playing behind Curtis Martin. Another small note - if he's not special (I feel like such a tool using that word more than once in a day - hate it), then why have so many other teams been sweating him and the Jets have been unwilling to let him go thus far?

if he's not special then why have so many other teams been sweating him and the Jets have been unwilling to let him go thus far?

653833[/snapback]

So many other teams have been sweating him? You are out of touch...the Raiders were trying hard to get him because they had Tyrone Wheatley as their #1 RB this year...come on that guy couldn't even hold down the starting job with the Giants when he was young and still had some juice in his legs...in other words they were and are desperate for a RB.

I think Jordan has some potential and could end up being a nice RB, but to say that you know he is special when he's never had as many as 100 carries or 500 yards rushing in any one regular season, you are seriously reaching.

Was the 5th back drafted in 2001 in the second round. LT, Duece, Bennett, ATrain before him and Travis Henry after him. Given the right situation I think he'll kick arse. Not young at 26 but no real mileage on the wheels. Jets drafted him to take over for Martin, but Martin won't quit. I also doubt we'll see him this weekend, but you never know.

So many other teams have been sweating him?  You are out of touch...the Raiders were trying hard to get him because they had Tyrone Wheatley as their #1 RB this year...come on that guy couldn't even hold down the starting job with the Giants when he was young and still had some juice in his legs...in other words they were and are desperate for a RB. 

I think Jordan has some potential and could end up being a nice RB, but to say that you know he is special when he's never had as many as 100 carries or 500 yards rushing in any one regular season, you are seriously reaching.

653889[/snapback]

While I appreciate your opinion that I'm out of touch, the Jets were talking to 4 teams prior to this season about Lamont Jordan, yet they considered him valuable enough to hold onto him.

It' also great that you think he's got some potential, but I think the Jets are a better judge of talent than you are - if they're even toying with the idea of franchising him (which has been reported), then I'd say they think he's "special." FYI - I never said that I know he's special (I said the Jets are aware of it). All I know is what I see on TV - and that ain't much b/c I'm just a fan. He's looked very solid to me in limited work, but I defer to the professionals when it comes to evaluating talent. The Jets obviously think very highly of this dude - that's all I'm saying.

While I appreciate your opinion that I'm out of touch, the Jets were talking to 4 teams prior to this season about Lamont Jordan, yet they considered him valuable enough to hold onto him. 

It' also great that you think he's got some potential, but I think the Jets are a better judge of talent than you are - if they're even toying with the idea of franchising him (which has been reported), then I'd say they think he's "special."  FYI - I never said that I know he's special (I said the Jets are aware of it).  All I know is what I see on TV - and that ain't much b/c I'm just a fan.  He's looked very solid to me in limited work, but I defer to the professionals when it comes to evaluating talent.  The Jets obviously think very highly of this dude - that's all I'm saying.

653913[/snapback]

The Jets considered him valuable enough to hold onto? Could that be maybe because he's a good player, they don't have another legitimate backup, and he isn't paid that high a salary?

Talks and inquiries into players happen all the time...I live in New Jersey and the only trade rumor that I heard there was any seriousness to was the Raiders. The Jets would have parted with Jordan for a 2nd round pick, but the Raiders would only give up a 3rd rounder...had the Raiders budged on that demand, Jordan would already be gone.

Daily News fodder aside, I still say there's no way the Jets franchise Jordan. Like I said, he has been with the Jets for four seasons now and never had 100 carries in a season. I don't know how many Jets games you have watched, but even if you have seen every snap in his career, I don't think he has a large enough body of work for you to declare him "special" just yet. The Jets are a run oriented team...If they think as highly of him as you seem to think, don't you believe that they would've made an effort to get him a little more work over the years, playing behind Curtis Martin or not? Especially considering that they knew the day would come when they would have to make a decision on whether to give him the job or risk losing him, don't you think they would've wanted a bit more of a true evaluation over those years? And perhaps you can explain to me why he had only 6 total carries in the Jets first 6 games this year?

The Colts traded away Marshall Faulk (was he not as good as Curtis Martin?) when they drafted Edgerrin James...the Saints traded away Ricky Williams after Deuce McCallister's rookie year...this is what teams usually do when they think very highly of a young player or think that he is "special." They give him a real opportunity by clearing out the highly paid incumbent starter. Even if that doesn't happen, younger RBs often get a good deal of playing time behind the veteran star...Steven Jackson had 144 carries this year as a rookie playing behind Marshall Faulk for the pass-oriented Rams. T.J. Duckett had 130 carries in his rookie year playing behind Jamal Anderson. If the Jets are in love with Jordan enough to pay him as a top 5 RB, then why has he only had 39, 84, 46, and 93 carries in his four seasons, despite never being injured and playing on a team that loves to run the ball?

Edited by Skrappy1

You don't need to write up a whole page of information to get this point across.

Herm Edwards after watching enough games of the Jets with the coaches wired up it is clear that Jordan is Herm's true project. He continuously takes him off to the side and talks to him personally and a very strong coach player bond looks to be appearing. With Martin ending up his career and Jordan's incredible power+speed combination Herm's project seems to be falling perfectly into place.

If Jordan was that good, he'd be getting the carries.

That's just the simple truth. Not that the guy won't put together a decent career from here on out, but if he was a real talent, he'd be playing. The Jets put a franchise tag on a backup RB who has never touched more than 93 times in a season, and they will be laughed at.

The Jets considered him valuable enough to hold onto?  Could that be maybe because he's a good player, they don't have another legitimate backup, and he isn't paid that high a salary?

Talks and inquiries into players happen all the time...I live in New Jersey and the only trade rumor that I heard there was any seriousness to was the Raiders. The Jets would have parted with Jordan for a 2nd round pick, but the Raiders would only give up a 3rd rounder...had the Raiders budged on that demand, Jordan would already be gone. 

Daily News fodder aside, I still say there's no way the Jets franchise Jordan. Like I said, he has been with the Jets for four seasons now and never had 100 carries in a season.  I don't know how many Jets games you have watched, but even if you have seen every snap in his career, I don't think he has a large enough body of work for you to declare him "special" just yet.  The Jets are a run oriented team...If they think as highly of him as you seem to think, don't you believe that they would've made an effort to get him a little more work over the years, playing behind Curtis Martin or not?  Especially considering that they knew the day would come when they would have to make a decision on whether to give him the job or risk losing him, don't you think they would've wanted a bit more of a true evaluation over those years?  And perhaps you can explain to me why he had only 6 total carries in the Jets first 6 games this year?

The Colts traded away Marshall Faulk (was he not as good as Curtis Martin?) when they drafted Edgerrin James...the Saints traded away Ricky Williams after Deuce McCallister's rookie year...this is what teams usually do when they think very highly of a young player or think that he is "special."  They give him a real opportunity by clearing out the highly paid incumbent starter.  Even if that doesn't happen, younger RBs often get a good deal of playing time behind the veteran star...Steven Jackson had 144 carries this year as a rookie playing behind Marshall Faulk for the pass-oriented Rams.  T.J. Duckett had 130 carries in his rookie year playing behind Jamal Anderson.  If the Jets are in love with Jordan enough to pay him as a top 5 RB, then why has he only had 39, 84, 46, and 93 carries in his four seasons,  despite never being injured and playing on a team that loves to run the ball?

653926[/snapback]

First off, I live in New York and see the Jets play every week - I've seen plenty of Jordan.

We only heard about the Raiders b/c (i) they were obviously the most hard-up for a RB, so there was no hiding their interest and (ii) that's all they wanted us to hear about. Immediately before the season, Bradway said that they had had discussions with 4 teams but none of them amounted to anything b/c the Jets wanted to keep Lamont. 4 NFL teams that wanted Lamont, a backup RB. Why didn't we hear about the Raiders going after guys like Larry Johnson, Najeh Davenport, Dominic Rhodes, etc.? Why single out Jordan among all of the affordable, quality backup RBs in the NFL? Apparently they saw something in him, just like the Jets do.

Why would the Jets make an effort to get Jordan work if they were constantly in playoff contention and Curtis was running well? When a team is in contention, that's no time to be bringing along your young RB when your stud is doing just fine - if it ain't broke, don't fix it . . . unless you want to miss the playoffs.

You're assigning your own definition to the word "special" now - if you think players need to be the caliber of guys like Edge and McAllister in order to be special, then we're using the word differently. To me, a special player is someone that can start for you and be a very good player for a long period of time (it's not exactly easy to find players who can do that) - they don't have to be leading the league in rushing twice etc. Anyway, there's such a thing as a special player that takes time to develop - being from Jersey, I trust you've seen how up and down Jordan has been, especially in his first 2 years. You can't compare a project like Jordan to someone like Edge, who was a bona fide "can't miss" stud coming out of school.

As far as Jackson and Duckett getting carries goes, (i) Marshall Faulk sucks (no disrespect to his great career, but he's done) and (ii) Jamal wasn't exactly in his prime and was far from durable in his last year. Curtis Martin is a workhorse - given the season he's had, I'd call Herm an idiot if he decided to cut Curtis' touches just so he can put some miles on Jordan. Comparing Curtis to present day Faulk and JA in the twilight of his career just doesn't make sense.

I think it would be great for the Jets if they could hold onto Jordan, but I think their hands are tied. As I said earlier, I think it would be foolish for them to franchise him.

If Jordan was that good, he'd be getting the carries.

That's just the simple truth. Not that the guy won't put together a decent career from here on out, but if he was a real talent, he'd be playing. The Jets put a franchise tag on a backup RB who has never touched more than 93 times in a season, and they will be laughed at.

653942[/snapback]

He wouldn't be playing if he wasn't as good as Curtis Martin, now would he? Nobody's saying he's better than Martin.

You don't need to write up a whole page of information to get this point across.

653937[/snapback]

I'm sorry if valid points offend you. FYI, Herm loves Jordan enough to bench his ass for the better part of the first six games this year for his whining and pouting about his playing time. Perhaps you forgot about that?

Edited by Skrappy1

You're assigning your own definition to the word "special" now - if you think players need to be the caliber of guys like Edge and McAllister in order to be special, then we're using the word differently. 

653945[/snapback]

No offense, but when a player isn't the caliber of Edge and McAllister, there isn't anything special about them.

No offense, but when a player isn't the caliber of Edge and McAllister, there isn't anything special about them.

653949[/snapback]

b/c it's so easy to find a starting RB that you can hang your hat on? Take a step back and look at the carousel of starting RBs that teams employ in the NFL.

It's a relative term - you use your definition, I'll use mine.

Why didn't we hear about the Raiders going after guys like Larry Johnson, Najeh Davenport, Dominic Rhodes, etc.?  Why single out Jordan among all of the affordable, quality backup RBs in the NFL?

653945[/snapback]

Don't you think his impending free agency might have been a factor in that? If you live in NY then you know that it has been widely discussed that the Jets are likely to lose Jordan in the off-season...at least they could have got a pick for him had they traded him before the deadline...I assume that the Raiders hoped to use this common knowledge to entice the Jets to make a deal, and I also think that the Raiders liked Jordan as well.

Why would the Jets make an effort to get Jordan work if they were constantly in playoff contention and Curtis was running well?  When a team is in contention, that's no time to be bringing along your young RB when your stud is doing just fine - if it ain't broke, don't fix it . . . unless you want to miss the playoffs.
If a RB can't develop enough over a 4 year period that he can be inserted into games a little more often, I don't think I'd consider that RB to be special. In actuality though, Herm did use Jordan more often down the stretch this year, I think due to a combination of Jordan showing some skills and because Curtis Martin, at 31 years of age, had an astronomical 371 carries this year, a career high even for a guy who has built a reputation as being a workhorse. Don't you think he thought about wanting to ensure that Curtis had a little something left for when they actually did make the playoffs?

You're assigning your own definition to the word "special" now

Am I? From Webster's: special = distinctive or unique; exceptional. That's exactly what I took from your calling him special...again, I just don't think it's fair or accurate to say that about Jordan at this point.

if you think players need to be the caliber of guys like Edge and McAllister in order to be special, then we're using the word differently.

Maybe we are.

You can't compare a project like Jordan to someone like Edge, who was a bona fide "can't miss" stud coming out of school. 
That's one of my points here...to me a guy like Edge is a guy who has shown he is a special player, whereas Jordan has not, whether it be for lack of an opportunity or not, he hasn't shown that in my opinion.

As far as Jackson and Duckett getting carries goes, (i) Marshall Faulk sucks (no disrespect to his great career, but he's done) and (ii) Jamal wasn't exactly in his prime and was far from durable in his last year.

Fair points.

Curtis Martin is a workhorse - given the season he's had, I'd call Herm an idiot if he decided to cut Curtis' touches just so he can put some miles on Jordan.
I'd also call Herm an idiot if he persuaded the Jets to franchise a backup RB that has had attitude problems and hasn't proved anything in the NFL just yet...I wouldn't do that though because I like Herm and I'll give him a little more credit than that.

I think it would be great for the Jets if they could hold onto Jordan, but I think their hands are tied.  As I said earlier, I think it would be foolish for them to franchise him.
Believe it or not, my intention wasn't to get into an argument here, and I actually couldn't agree with this last statement of yours more...if you said this previoulsy then I apologize that I missed it, but this was pretty much my point from the get go. I think Jordan has looked like a decent player and deserves a shot to be a starter, it just isn't likely to come with the Jets because they would be dumb to franchise him. Edited by Skrappy1

Teams carry two 'top money' QBs. I can see the Jets transitioning Jordan.

They pay a lot for one year, see where Martin is and then they can franchise him next year before signing to a long term deal. If Jordan gets hurt or just turns out to suck with a full time role, they are only on the hook for one year.

My money is on Transition tag. Top 10 money for 1 year, then an evaluation of where they stand. Martin will not last long, and a top RB in the draft will cost them as much in a signing bonus and 3/4 year contract, not to mention the draft pick itself.

Don't you think his impending free agency might have been a factor in that?  If you live in NY then you know that it has been widely discussed that the Jets are likely to lose Jordan in the off-season...at least they could have got a pick for him had they traded him before the deadline...I assume that the Raiders hoped to use this common knowledge to entice the Jets to make a deal, and I also think that the Raiders liked Jordan as well.

That's one of my points here...to me a guy like Edge is a guy who has shown he is a special player, whereas Jordan has not, whether it be for lack of an opportunity or not, he hasn't shown that in my opinion.

Fair points.

I'd also call Herm an idiot if he persuaded the Jets to franchise a backup RB that has had attitude problems and hasn't proved anything in the NFL just yet...I wouldn't do that though because I like Herm and I'll give him a little more credit than that.

653953[/snapback]

I believe Davenport is also a FA this year (could be wrong about this). Anyway, it's been widely discussed b/c that's what people assume will happen - maybe the Jets know something that we don't. Maybe they didn't part with him for a 3rd rounder b/c they have every intention of keeping him beyond the 2004-05 season. This transition player tag that people are discussing is a possibility, I guess.

Edge is a special player - Jets are confident Lamont will be a special player. Variations on theme, but the latter is ultimately a subjective viewpoint that the Jets have. They could be wrong, but they seem to think they've got something with Jordan. If they didn't, they woulda grabbed that 3rd round pick.

Refreshing to see someone actually concede "fair points" on this board, as opposed to others who simply act like the opposition is making no sense at all or just dismiss the fair points altogether. But I digress . . .

As far as the bad attitude thing goes, that point works both ways. If he has such a bad attitude and isn't such a great player, why refuse a 3rd round pick for him . . . unless he's a big part of your future plans? There were a number of viable backup RBs available before the season.

Overall, I hear what you're saying and I'd be a little skeptical as well (particulalry in light of what went down with that other special backup RB in SF this year). I just think that, based upon what I've seen heard on the field and in the media, the Jets have plans for Lamont and they'll do everything they can (within reason) to hold onto him. Of course, with my luck, they'll let him go 5 minutes after they lose on Saturday and I'll be looking like a fool.

I believe Davenport is also a FA this year (could be wrong about this).  Anyway, it's been widely discussed b/c that's what people assume will happen - maybe the Jets know something that we don't.  Maybe they didn't part with him for a 3rd rounder b/c they have every intention of keeping him beyond the 2004-05 season.  This transition player tag that people are discussing is a possibility, I guess.

Edge is a special player - Jets are confident Lamont will be a special player.  Variations on theme, but the latter is ultimately a subjective viewpoint that the Jets have.  They could be wrong, but they seem to think they've got something with Jordan.  If they didn't, they woulda grabbed that 3rd round pick. 

Refreshing to see someone actually concede "fair points" on this board, as opposed to others who simply act like the opposition is making no sense at all or just dismiss the fair points altogether.  But I digress . . .

As far as the bad attitude thing goes, that point works both ways.  If he has such a bad attitude and isn't such a great player, why refuse a 3rd round pick for him . . . unless he's a big part of your future plans?  There were a number of viable backup RBs available before the season.

Overall, I hear what you're saying and I'd be a little skeptical as well (particulalry in light of what went down with that other special backup RB in SF this year).  I just think that, based upon what I've seen heard on the field and in the media, the Jets have plans for Lamont and they'll do everything they can (within reason) to hold onto him.  Of course, with my luck, they'll let him go 5 minutes after they lose on Saturday and I'll be looking like a fool.

655058[/snapback]

This is why the Jets kept LaMont Jordan this year:

He is a very good back-up, a guy who can come in and spell Curtis Martin for a few plays here and there and pick up good yardage. He's also good enough that if Curtis goes down, he might be able to step in and carry the load and maybe give us a chace to win some games.

Oh yeah - AND WE'RE PAYING HIM $600,000 A YEAR!!!!

He is virtually zero against the salary cap.

When you multiply that salary times 10 (which is what it will take to franchise him), suddenly it doesn't make that much sense to have him on the team. Jordan has been in the doghouse for a couple of reasons over the past few years - A) he put the ball on the ground a few times in critical positions last year, and :D He's been lazy in training camp. Even if those are non-issues, you can't give this guy top 5 money - that would be nuts. Also, keep in mind that when you franchise someone - he's your's for one year. So if Jordan proved to be worthy of top 5 money, he's automatically a free agent next year and you have to compete against every other team to keep him.

It makes no sense to franchise Jordan at this point. I don't know if Jordan can be a starting back. I do know that some team that is currently without a starting caliber back will give him a shot and pay him some bucks. I also know that it makes no sense for the Jets - who have Curtis Martin - to give Jordan starting back money. It would make not sense to do so.

This is why the Jets kept LaMont Jordan this year:

He is a very good back-up, a guy who can come in and spell Curtis Martin for a few plays here and there and pick up good yardage.  He's also good enough that if Curtis goes down, he might be able to step in and carry the load and maybe give us a chace to win some games.

Oh yeah - AND WE'RE PAYING HIM $600,000 A YEAR!!!!

He is virtually zero against the salary cap.

When you multiply that salary times 10 (which is what it will take to franchise him), suddenly it doesn't make that much sense to have him on the team.  Jordan has been in the doghouse for a couple of reasons over the past few years - A) he put the ball on the ground a few times in critical positions last year, and :D He's been lazy in training camp.  Even if those are non-issues, you can't give this guy top 5 money - that would be nuts. Also, keep in mind that when you franchise someone - he's your's for one year.  So if Jordan proved to be worthy of top 5 money, he's automatically a free agent next year and you have to compete against every other team to keep him. 

It makes no sense to franchise Jordan at this point.  I don't know if Jordan can be a starting back.  I do know that some team that is currently without a starting caliber back will give him a shot and pay him some bucks.  I also know that it makes no sense for the Jets - who have Curtis Martin - to give Jordan starting back money.  It would make not sense to do so.

655102[/snapback]

I think franchising him would be stupid as well, unless they had some plan to get rid of Martin . . . but I doubt there would be any takers on that.

Anyway, $600K against the cap or not - an extra 3rd round pick has got to be worth a backup RB (if that's all you see him as). Maybe it's just me, but I'd take an extra 3rd rounder for my backup RB any day - 3rd rounder is nothing to sneeze at and you will most likely pick up someone who will end up being more valuable than a backup RB. Wasn't Jordan supposedly 3rd on the depth chart in training camp as well? I just don't see why the Jets would've turned down a 3rd round pick unless they thought Jordan was a part of their future plans.

Jordan didn't fumble once last year - you referring to 2 years ago?

I think franchising him would be stupid as well, unless they had some plan to get rid of Martin . . . but I doubt there would be any takers on that. 

Anyway, $600K against the cap or not - an extra 3rd round pick has got to be worth a backup RB (if that's all you see him as).  Maybe it's just me, but I'd take an extra 3rd rounder for my backup RB any day - 3rd rounder is nothing to sneeze at and you will most likely pick up someone who will end up being more valuable than a backup RB.  Wasn't Jordan supposedly 3rd on the depth chart in training camp as well?  I just don't see why the Jets would've turned down a 3rd round pick unless they thought Jordan was a part of their future plans. 

Jordan didn't fumble once last year - you referring to 2 years ago?

655158[/snapback]

I think going into this year the Jets viewed Jordan as a one-year stop-gap just in case Martin got hurt. At $600K you couldn't beat the price and whoever they got in the 3rd round would not have been an economical replacement for Jordan. Yeah - you could have given the guy the rookie minimum and saved a couple of hundred thousand, but you already had a guy who you were paying close to league minimum in Jordan. And, yeah whoever you drafted in the 3rd round might have turned out to be a starter - but I've seen far more 3rd rounders never play a down in the regular season.

Bottom line is Jordan was a cheap, good back-up for the Jets this year. If his limited carries tempted another team enough to give him starter-tyoe money (and I'm sure it has), then more power to him. I like Lamont Jordan. I think he'll be a decent NFL back - somewhere along the lines of a Tyrone Wheatley or a Troy Hambrick. If he finds a perfect situation, he might be equivalent to a Rudi Johnson.

In any case, he's not worth top-5 money. He's not a top-5 back.

I wish him well. Maybe he'll be on my fantasy team, but he won't be on the Jets.